It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept 16th In a few hours Richmond VA will be Cville 2.0

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
well, it looks like at least one brought their gun...

www.richmond.com... 1ffaeb024a.html

there's a few videos on that page and updates.

you tube seems to be rather silent about this.
edit on 16-9-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Man, what is wrong with people these days? Hopefully they don't block ambulances going to the hospital, or firetrucks, trying to save a burning fire. Protesting should be illegal and people should be thrown in walmart camps. lol
edit on 16-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

These guys sure don't know what exercise and a healthy diet is.
Every photo shows bulging bellies and hugh thighs.
edit on 9162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ashleywilliams
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You doubt we will see any more riots this year? There was just one last night in St. Louis.

That was because of a court decision. It has nothing to do with this issue.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

they should start portraying marching in protest as a form of exercise... no one would come!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Op state quite clearly that he or she needed to get to sleep.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I would need more evidence than just a guy on the internet saying he knows a guy who knows a guy who said protesters are getting paid kinda thing

But lets say they are.

Everyone knows the protestors are making the left look bad..its catastrophic. Why would someone pay to make the left look bad...unless that was the point. I think you might consider replacing the name Soros with Koch.

Its a conspiracy site after all, not just a partisan cheerleading site.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It was the biggest turning point in our history, one which have never recovered from

We may well be seeing an even bigger turning point before long.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Unsubstantiated claims of "paid protestors" from EMT friends?

Sorry. I need more than that to buy into your narrative of "evil Soros liberals."

Agent provocateurs are also a possibility if someone wanted to create some YouTube click bait theatre...

I hope nothing bad happens today. I hope there are peaceful protests.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Woohoo more slavers on parade, just look at those shining examples of humanity,,,

God must be so proud of those creations.

www.rawstory.com...

K~

Yep, appearance is all you need to determine the persons worth.

What a stupid way to go through life. Ahh, but these are rednecks so it's all good.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What a stupid way to go through life. Ahh, but these are rednecks so it's all good.

That's another thing I don't get. Stereotypes and broad generalizations about people leads the left in general to meltdown, but if its a generalization about whites that's not only fine and dandy but encouraged. How is the playing field not level in this regard?

edit on 16-9-2017 by deuceawesome because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2017 by deuceawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Woohoo more slavers on parade, just look at those shining examples of humanity,,,

www.rawstory.com...

K~

If White supremacy is real -
Meet your rulers.

You can't have it both ways,
Either these hillbillies get extra privileges just for their skin color.
Or somebody is lying and claiming discrimination while ridiculing the very group they claim is attacking them.
Race baiting is bad enough between people alive today, now we have to drag our entire National history through the filter of political correctness. That is a process that will never end.

Should I bother letting people know you can't reach Utopia by going backwards?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Thank you. So far it looks quite tame...

Hopefully it stays that way.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

My God, you guys are dancing around the #ing point here. This has nothing to do with 100 year old statues. This has nothing to do with RACE. Look at these people. Look at the people protesting in St. Louis. Do any of these people look like people with power, authority, any influence at all? As long as they have us fighting these stupid #ing issues we won't be looking at the destruction of our food supply, or our very planet.

Once and for all, this is 2017, RACE MEANS NOTHING. We are all #ing humans and we are being lead around like a bunch of sheep.

Sorry, I'm just sick of this stupid bs, I thought ATS was somehow above this #. But it's not, it's just more partisan bs.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Race baiting is bad enough between people alive today, now we have to drag our entire National history through the filter of political correctness. That is a process that will never end.

I hear you. But isn't that what we tend to do with "history?" Real history is full of the facts of what happened, and the best guesses as to the motivations and character of the predominant figures. So often, however, history is the servant of Patriotism or Ideology before Truth.

Isn't the painting of Washington crossing the Delaware an effort to construct a noble interpretation of history? It is a glorification of an event, a reinvention of it.

Isn't the pogrom of "African slaves aren't really people so what we do to them is okay" a form of "political correctness" for the time period and place it was enacted? Who wanted to see the ugly truth of what it meant to own the life of another human being?

Dehumanizing black people was a means of allowing slaves owners to blind themselves to their own actions and salve any misgivings they might have, and if the South had won Independence and had broken the Union, wouldn't paintings of the victory have been rendered in such epic style as Washington crossing the Delaware? Wouldn't they have been sanitized and glorified and made sacred too?

A Change in perspective changes history - not WHAT happened, but how we interpret it, and whether or not it was glorious or shameful, righteous or unjust.

Stripping away the veil of "sacred cows" from our and looking at the brutality, betrayal, arrogance, greed and such along with the establishment of a very progressive, dynamic Republic with high Ideals and a new system of checks and balances, as well as the conflict of ideology that has been constantly wrestled with for centuries, give a better insight into the reality of how our nation formed. It wasn't all noble. It wasn't all good. We learn from our mistakes or risk making them again. We can only learn from them if we are willing to see them.

Rather than framing it as PC, I see it as seeking truth with unflinching eyes - the opposite of a "safe space."

Shrug.

AB

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 757GhoT
Hello. I am a longtime lurker. I have made quite a few accounts in the pasts but forgot all the passwords... anyway.

Never create a password that you cannot remember. Otherwise, what is the point?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

The issue is statues in Richmond honoring Confederates and what their future will be.
Whether they are taken down is a question being asked because of race relations in the past.
I think we both agree that this is a sideshow, a distraction from much larger and more important issues.
It appears certain groups are dead-set on having all such monuments taken down from public areas.
The question remains how do we end this argument?
Looks like we're all going to have keep dancing because the piper won't stop playing.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

K~

They will be opposed by this,

Such fashionistas indeed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join