It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrodollar end looming as China & allies dump it in oil trading - Jim Rogers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Eh, depends on if there is enough supply to meet the demand of for those five banks.

You didn't answer my question.

If someone or a specific country wanted to purchase a large amount of any commodity does the price go up or down?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
It will go up if demand is higher than supply for those contracts. I suppose thats why the contracts are like 3 months out.
edit on 9-17-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It will go up if demand is higher than supply for those contracts.

Exactly. Which completely disproves the whole banking cabal controlling gold pricing canard.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

hmmm.... maybe. BUT, supply and demand in itself can be artificially stimulated or depressed like a mentioned a couple posts up. I read that the Swiss just sent a banker to prison for doing that very thing. Of course his words were that he was being scapegoated for something everybody is actively participating in.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

hmmm.... maybe. BUT, supply and demand in itself can be artificially stimulated or depressed like a mentioned a couple posts up. I read that the Swiss just sent a banker to prison for doing that very thing. Of course his words were that he was being scapegoated for something everybody is actively participating in.

I don't see it happening. It's a global commodity and if someone wanted to purchase $1billion worth of gold tomorrow someone or someplace is going to sell it to them if the price is right.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Right, but the only institutions that have that supply to provide are the warehouses and banks that own those kind of numbers, or governments making a payment.

And it would be like 3 months to fulfill that contract. I mean there may be a handful of billionaires who have that volume in their private storage, but I think that would be outside of the fix and would not really register when they set the price .

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

None of that impacts the simplicity of supply and demand. If someone wants to make a purchase of a large quantity it by necessity cause the price to increase.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The US Petro-Dollar "empire" will not go to war to save the "Petro-Dollar" for the simple reason that it didn't do it in 90s when it could. No they won't go to war against Russia, China and Iran because, even though the EU and some EU propagandists are trying hard to make that happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Ever hear of operation desert storm?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Flanker86

Ever hear of operation desert storm?

Right? Just imagine the monies that would/could be redirected from the DoD — in the name of ‘national security’ — into American citizens’ bank accounts, so they may be able to do as they please...like self insure. At the very least, the use of those monies could be made more transparent and raise the citizenry’s confidence in how it’s allocated.

In grad school a professor of mine had a pet project trying to determine the National Security “externality” cost from the usage of petroleum/oil — essentially trying to uncover the “full-cost price” of petro/oil when taking into account the cost of ME wars. The meat of it: what would the ‘real’ price at the pump be if you could internalize the externality cost (monies spent by DoD insuring those ME well-heads were at operating capacity)? It’s an interesting thought experiment because there’s no way to truly remunerate those national security cost.
edit on 27-10-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join