It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left will be destroying St. Louis tonight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Black_Fox

It's Masterpiece Theater 2017

Wow, the quality has certainly gone down over the years.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is the world we've always lived in. Group think, mob mentality, hive mind, whatever you want to call it it leads to unthinking violence. People do things as part of a group that they would never consider doing on their own.

The easiest and most effective way to decrease the racial tensions in this country is to eliminate the war on drugs which is not winnable.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: underwerks

Reading has a lot to do with it. When you read most of these cases and understand what the laws are for police officers in those situations and how they're trained, most of these cases that are touted as "miscarriages of justice" are actually valid and legal shootings. Some of them aren't even questionable when you read the facts of the case, but there's protests and/or riots anyway.

It sucks when someone choses to take a course of action that leads to them losing their life over some stolen cigars or drugs, but I don't expect a cop to wait until until he's shot or getting curb stomped before he uses his weapon. Again, it diminishes from the cause and makes it harder to sway public opinion when there is a legit bad shooting. They get tired of you crying wolf all the time.

If they perceive you are a threat they can shoot you. Think of that before you decide to charge them or try to run them over with a vehicle.

I agree that the laws are in the favor of the police in a lot of these situations, and they are legal.

That's the problem.

I have a serious problem with an agent of the state being able to kill me over their sense of perceived danger, whether justified or not. A police officers life is no more important than my life, or Mike Browns, or any of the victims of these shootings.

The reason I asked about your experiences, is because mine has shown me the worst in police officers. When the government can kill you and people you care about with impunity, it should outrage everyone, even if you aren't in the inner city and having it thrust in your face constantly.

Because eventually, if we let it slide here, you or someone you care about will be next.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hannity is so funny. He is always trying to get his reporter beat up. "Ask them [insert question that will piss them off the most]"

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'm from a small town dude, I dunno if you've ever lived in one but cops in small towns have nothing to do a lot of nights. I've been harassed by assholes cops plenty in my day. But the laws on these shooting situations are fine. A cop doesn't need to be putting his life in danger for your stolen cigars or drugs. You do something that the cop perceives as mortal danger, he should be able to shoot you. To suggest otherwise is just crazy.

And newsflash, you have the same right. If you feel like someone is endangering your life, you can legally shoot them.
edit on 15 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

is because mine has shown me the worst in police officers.

Let me guess, you were framed?🙄

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So is StL destroyed yet?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Hannity is so funny. He is always trying to get his reporter beat up. "Ask them [insert question that will piss them off the most]"

I saw that one.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

He does it every time there's one of these protests/riots. It's the only time I tune into his show. One of these times his reporter is gonna get clocked.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

is because mine has shown me the worst in police officers.

Let me guess, you were framed?🙄

Probably just like a Rembrandt

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So is StL destroyed yet?

Half of the McDonalds sign is torn down, only one arch is left.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

They can have the arch their way...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So is StL destroyed yet?

They're probably just trying to make things symmetrical.

Bwahahahaha.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So is StL destroyed yet?

Everything is half price too !!

Or maybe free depending on who the customers are.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How many of you here know or care about the details of the case or of the shooting? I know it doesn't really matter to most because Black=Left=Bad but let's consider a few facts:

The judge, not a jury, delivered this result. The State of Missouri indicted this officer, provided evidence that proved it was a bad shooting, and one judge basically found the officer not guilty on a technicality.

Prosecutors said Stockley carried out the premeditated murder of Smith by shooting him five times at close range and then planting a .38-caliber revolver in Smith's Buick after police pulled Smith's body from the car. They asserted a "kill shot" was fired at close range after the first four shots were fired in close succession and struck Smith in the shoulder.

During the chase, Stockley shouted commands to Bianchi, who drove their police SUV while chasing Smith through the Walnut Park neighborhood at speeds approaching 90 mph. Amid sirens, engine noise and squawking radio traffic, Stockley can be heard on an in-car camera video telling Bianchi "Gonna kill this (expletive), don't you know it."

After the shooting, in-car camera footage shows Stockley sort through a duffel bag. Prosecutors alleged he was getting a gun to plant on Smith.

Wilson wrote, "Stockley does not have anything in either hand during the brief periods his hands are in view on this video, immediately before he exits. The video does not show defendant trying to stealthily recover a revolver and conceal it on his person."

With some 10 city and county police officers standing near Smith's crashed car, a bystander's cellphone video showed police pulling Smith's body from the car shortly before Stockley climbed inside. Stockley testified he found a loaded revolver shoved between the center console and passenger seat. Lab tests of the gun revealed only Stockley's DNA. A plastic bag of heroin seized from the car had Smith's DNA but not Stockley's.

Now, let's visualize this. A car chase for an extended period in which the victim has ample time to retrieve the handgun supposedly on the seat beside him, while he's being chased by police that are yelling and trying to disable his vehicle.

Yet after the Officer Stockley administers the kill-shot, suddenly he needs to rifle through a duffel bag in the police vehicle before he enters the victim's car.

Yet Officer Stockley is ON RECORDING shouting that he was going to kill the suspect.

Yet, the only DNA on the weapon is from the Officer who administered the kill-shot.

Yeah, no evidence of wrong-doing here. Why are these people in St. Louis so upset.

S t. Louis Post-Dispatch
edit on 15-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Someone just poured water on reporter's head. Looks like it's getting real. *Sighs*

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 15-9-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

MONSTERS!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Someone just poured water on reporter's head. Looks like it's getting real. *Sighs*

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Gryphon66

Isn't this thread about the protesters destroying St. Louis?

Im sure there is a thread somewhere about the case.

And circumstances that precipitated the protests are unimportant to you?

Understandable, as the facts of the matter make it quite clear these people have justifiable reason to be upset.

I encourage you to ALERT the post if you think it's against T&C.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join