It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left will be destroying St. Louis tonight

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Gryphon66

Even if the car was used as deadly weapon and failed, that doesn't mean he can be shot later as self defense after that threat is gone.

That seems to a popular "he deserved death" idea for some.

If society wants to go with that then let's change the laws, remove them, whatever, and get on with removing the "bad" people with instant justice. But beware of who then becomes the "bad" persons.

I agree with you in principle. Further, we disagree I guess on the status of the "deadly weapon" of the vehicle (I didn't see that it was disabled in the conclusion of the chase.).

Any one person serving as judge, jury and executioner has to go, I surely agree on that point.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

"we know Officer Stockley didn't plant the gun, because all 'urban' drug dealers have guns."

Doesn't that seem like a bit of poor logic.

How about officers have denied others their rights so this officer must have also.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We have more of our citizens incarcerated than any other nation in the world. That's a real problem in "the land of the free."

The prisons-for-profit model needs to go away. The inequities in the system of sentencing need to go away.

Political beliefs are BS. We can focus on what we agree on, accomplish that, and save the other crap for later.

IMO

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Then the solution is, once an officers feels a suspect attempted to hit him with a vehicle, he must be chased down and killed.

The threat is still valid.

The only future solution for people in general will be to never be within 100s of feet of any police personnel or incident. Not an easy task given the police are mobile.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Then the solution is, once an officers feels a suspect attempted to hit him with a vehicle, he must be chased down and killed.

The threat is still valid.

The only future solution for people in general will be to never be within 100s of feet of any police personnel or incident. Not an easy task given the police are mobile.

Seems like you're only offering extremes here. I don't have a lot to contribute on that.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

"we know Officer Stockley didn't plant the gun, because all 'urban' drug dealers have guns."

Doesn't that seem like a bit of poor logic.

How about officers have denied others their rights so this officer must have also.

Yes. That was one of my complaints/questions about the ruling in the Stockley case.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Actually what I wish for is people who show up in masks (or hoods), so that they can freely indulge their violent criminal tendencies, would be shot on sight.

Enough is enough already.

jesus....so.....shoot anyone you find objectionable.....why are you even on ATS?......

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes those are. Why? Because so many can't see a middle ground and LE doesn't seem to care to find one.

War on drugs has become serious business.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I'm real sorry If this guy was murdered and justice was not done for him. But, on the other hand, a cop has to assume everyone has a gun. Don't pack a gun in your car. Just the world we live in.

No, no, and HELL NO! This attitude may possibly get you or one of YOUR loved ones killed while unarmed.

There's a certain level of bravery that was once required for certain jobs. If you're scared witless...perhaps being an officer isn't for you?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ending marijuana controls ... am I remembering correctly that, at least at the Federal level, there's already a process extant in law to provide a Federal "stamp" for it's purchase/use?

They just never issue the stamps.

Agree 100% on forfeiture laws ... that truly is legalized government theft.

I am not sure on the stamp issue.

I will say one thing I didn't mention that is sort of a tangential issue is the horrendous conditions of prisons.

It is one of the things that causes me the most shame about this country.

I am sure you know that I am one who would suggest coddling violent offenders, but the fact that things like rape and torture in prisons can be chuckled about is appalling (not that I am blaming the joke maker, but the fact that these conditions exist).

This is even more insane when you look at non violent offenders that have to live in those hell holes.

These are problems that I feel we should all want fixed regardless of political beliefs, and I think would go a long way is helping communities impression of law enforcement.

Do you think if there were only white males in prison, our prisons would be such horrid places? I say that to get to my point that WHITE SUPREMACY is the root of all the issues in this country and most of the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I'm real sorry If this guy was murdered and justice was not done for him. But, on the other hand, a cop has to assume everyone has a gun. Don't pack a gun in your car. Just the world we live in.

I don't think Smith was murdered for the record. He tried to use his car as a deadly weapon. We could debate the minutiae of it, but that's the facts. However, it is the weird stuff that Officer Stockley did AFTER the shooting that makes this case stink, and adds to the tally in some people's minds of bad shootings.

Did he try to use his car as a weapon or was he trying to get away? There is a difference. For instance, did he actively and aggressively attempt to run over officers?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
yes, what on earth could people in st. louis be mad about...

Officer Boyd handcuffed Watson, took him to jail, and wrote him up on several charges, including not having a driver's license or registration, having an expired driver's license and not having Missouri tags. Watson says none of these charges had merit. Boyd also ticketed Watson, who had been sitting in his parked car, for not wearing his seatbelt.

When he was arrested, Watson was working with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, in a job that required a top-secret security clearance. After facing so many charges, that lingered for so long, Watson lost his security clearance — and with it, his job.

City Of Ferguson's Dropped Charges 'Just Another Step' Amid 'Systemic Failure'

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Eldest808

The reason they are fighting so hard is because during the chase the dashcam caught the officer saying "I’m going to kill this this m$$%^rf$#$r, don’t you know it." The gun that was found in the car only had the officer's DNA on it. He murdered that man and planted a weapon in his car.

I'm surprised St. Louis isn't ashes yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Baaka

Ending marijuana controls ... am I remembering correctly that, at least at the Federal level, there's already a process extant in law to provide a Federal "stamp" for it's purchase/use?

I will say one thing I didn't mention that is sort of a tangential issue is the horrendous conditions of prisons.

I am sure you know that I am one who would suggest coddling violent offenders, but the fact that things like rape and torture in prisons can be chuckled about is appalling (not that I am blaming the joke maker, but the fact that these conditions exist).

This is even more insane when you look at non violent offenders that have to live in those hell holes.

These are problems that I feel we should all want fixed regardless of political beliefs, and I think would go a long way is helping communities impression of law enforcement.

Do you think if there were only white males in prison, our prisons would be such horrid places? I say that to get to my point that WHITE SUPREMACY is the root of all the issues in this country and most of the world.

Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

Is it? Or is it simply ugly to consider?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

It oversimplified garbage.

Please show me your proof that white supremacy is the root cause of all of the issues in this country and the rest of the world.

You sound like a reverse of the kkk.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

Please show me your proof that white supremacy is the root cause of all of the issues in this country and the rest of the world.

Lets take this country first: Is White Supremacy not the cause of the societal problems?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ridiculous.

Lets take this country first: Is White Supremacy not the cause of the societal problems?

No.

In fact, I would say people like you that blame every problem on one racists supremacists are a bigger problem.
edit on 18-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: Xcathdra

Did the officer follow SOP after the shooting?

You have a link to St. Louis Metros policy / procedure / guideline for us to review to answer your question?

secondly what does that have to do with what I posted?

I am calling on your stated expertise. Answer or not.

and I gave you my response. Link us to the STLMPD policy / procedure / guidelines.

Expertise is different from a departments policy / procedure / guidelines.

So again -
Link to the info please.
What does this have to do with what I posted?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You really need to read the judges ruling and apply his logic to the facts of the case.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join