It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left will be destroying St. Louis tonight

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This repeats itself across the country.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Gryphon66

I ignored that little factoid (pointedly NOT a fact, btw) because it had nothing to do with the statement of mine you choose to respond to (and then patently IGNORE.)

Did you just accuse someone of the same thing you yourself do?

Is this the only argument you have? You make it in every discussion while contributing nothing.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

This repeats itself across the country.

Fix your broken images.
I'm curious.

link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

This is your idea of evidence?

Might as well post a Youtube video.

link   
Anytime you see the "and this is true all across the country" with no evidence you can be sure it isn't.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think I got my point across particularly well.

I will have to take you up on this later this evening, I have to go get my boy from school and play dad for a bit.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Do Blacks commit more crime?

What do we know?

Black Americans are targeted by police at a higher frequency than Whites. NO ONE denies this.

Blacks are arrested at a higher rate, convicted at a higher rate, incarcerated at a higher rate.

At each step along that path, is race really the primary factor, or is it poverty level?

And in the end, in terms of what we are discussing here, does any of that matter in regard to the large crowds of protesters that tend to become riotous? It's quite obvious here that not many people even care to look for the real underlying reasons for this behavior, they just want to (incorrectly) spout statistics.

Many here, as we've seen, want to find the easiest answers, and then want to give these condescending, faux-pity explanations ... "well, Blacks have just been mislead, or don't have stable family groups, or they vote Democrat" and a host of other nonsense excuses.

Ask yourself an honest question. Assume that Black Americans are not somehow fundamentally different from everyone else.

So what would push you to riot? What would have to happen to make you that angry?

edit on 17-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

More innocent black men are thrown in prisons with longer sentences.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Do Blacks commit more crime?

What do we know?

Black Americans are targeted by police at a higher frequency than Whites. NO ONE denies this.

Blacks are arrested at a higher rate, convicted at a higher rate, incarcerated at a higher rate.

At each step along that path, is race really the primary factor, or is it poverty level?

And in the end, in terms of what we are discussing here, does any of that matter in regard to the large crowds of protesters that tend to become riotous?

Many here, as we've seen, want to find the easiest answers, and then want to give these condescending, faux-pity explanations ... "well, Blacks have just been mislead, or don't have stable family groups, or they vote Democrat" and a host of other nonsense excuses.

Wait what?

The person going for the easy answer is you, who wants to claim that its not that blacks commit more violent crime, its that police arrest because they can't defend themselves because they are poor, while providing no evidence to back that up.

You alos ignore the evidence that shows unarmed whites are more likely to be shot by police than unarmed whites. These riots are about based on the lie that unarmed blacks are more likely to get shot, yet you ignore the facts on this.

You want to have the easy answer of the cops are just racist; I have been suggesting that this mindset makes solving this complex issue harder.

You say blacks are treated more harshly by the legal system.

Well as a sub group, men compared to women are treated MUCH MUCH more harshly than blacks to whites. You agree with this correct?

Yet you ignore this profiling and targeting. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

More innocent MEN are thrown into prison with larger sentences than women by a far greater disproportion than blacks to whites. Where is the outrage?

At the very least, will you admit that black women have it better in the legal system than white men?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

More innocent MEN are thrown into prison with larger sentences than women by a far greater disproportion than blacks to whites. Where is the outrage?

At the very least, will you admit that black women have it better in the legal system than white men?

Women's suffrage don't tell you that?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Further, the point of a great deal of the anger of the Black community is not always directed at a cop killing a Black man, but rather at the times that an UNARMED Black man is killed.

And in this discussion, as several have pointed out ... why aren't we ALL angry about that? And angry about cops using lethal force on ANYONE who is unarmed?

The argument in the Smith/Stockley case is simple. Smith was an "urban" drug dealer, and urban drug dealers ALWAYS have guns. Ignore the fact that none of Smith's DNA was on the weapon. Ignore that St. Louis already settled a WRONGFUL DEATH suit four years ago to the tune of $900,000 to Smith's daughter. Ignore that the cop in question went to the back of his vehicle and riffled around in a duffle bag (and lied about doing so to get a First Aid kit) and then broke SOP by corrupting the crime scene.

The rate of police killing UNARMED Black men in 2016 is 3.5 times what it should be according to population density. Source

There's plenty of anger to go around in the Black community, and some of it should be spreading to the rest of us.

edit on 17-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh Jesus Christ ... now it's the false equivalency tripe. Sure, let's go full metal stupid.

"Where's the outrage?"

Indeed, where's the outrage that Christians are committing 76-80% or more of all violent crimes in this country?

What are we going to do about what is obviously some kind of religious war by Christians against the rest of us?

Where's the outrage???

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Further, the point of a great deal of the anger of the Black community is not always directed at a cop killing a Black man, but rather at the times that an UNARMED Black man is killed.

And in this discussion, as several have pointed out ... why aren't we ALL angry about that? And angry about cops using lethal force on ANYONE who is unarmed?

a lot of white people seem to believe that a black man is dangerous unarmed or not, that he has superhuman strength to draw on, and also hatred, and will use it to kill with his bare hands.

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Can I post a meme for the other side?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

a lot of white people seem to believe that a black man is dangerous unarmed or not, that he has superhuman strength to draw on, and also hatred, and will use it to kill with his bare hands.

rationalwiki.org...

Yes, and the roots of that belief run right back to the plantations, but, I forget, for our Conservative friends racism doesn't exist anymore.

The sick, sad, repulsive side of this is that when you peel all of the statistical mumbo-jumbo away from their arguments, ALL they are left with is sputtering that Black men are somehow more violent, less able to process things rationally, prone to crime ... and they pretend to have no idea that the same arguments that Jim Crow made a century ago.
edit on 18-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Oh Jesus Christ ... now it's the false equivalency tripe. Sure, let's go full metal stupid.

"Where's the outrage?"

Indeed, where's the outrage that Christians are committing 76-80% or more of all violent crimes in this country?

What are we going to do about what is obviously some kind of religious war by Christians against the rest of us?

Where's the outrage???

Now you got it!

See your argument that 6% of the population makes up 22% of those shot by police is dumb!

Thats the point! It doesn't take into the circumstances around those stats, such as the amount of violence that 6% of the population is engaged in.

As to your other post, I agree with the spirit of what you are saying. (I disagree that someone being unarmed means any shooting of them is not justified, but only in an extreme circumstance).

Unjust police action should be criticized by all of us; no matter the race of the cop or victim.

There is no need to make it racial in most cases, but that is what we are seeing.

And in attempts to make this fit into a convenient racial narrative lies such as "Hands up don't shoot" are spread and innocent cops are smeared. And this racial angle also leads to more anger and things like rights, and black people shooting innocent cops. And it deflects from solving the real problems in law enforcement.

I did a thread not long ago on how disgusting I find asset forfeiture laws, and how they are an excuse for police to steal from innocent people. I acknowledge when an officer is clearly wrong, and think they should be held to possibly even a higher standard of punishment.

But we must start from a point of honesty, and not only does making this racial usually deflect from that, it allows for opinions such as dismissing violent crime stats because you know cops are just arresting black people because they can't afford lawyers, while having no evidence.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

rationalwiki.org...

Yes, and the roots of that belief run right back to the plantations, but, I forget, for our Conservative friends racism doesn't exist anymore.

Well I am conservative and don't believe that.

You however seem to have no problem assuming that FBI victimization and arrests numbers can't be trusted because the cops must be racist or something.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If you want to start from a place of honesty, stop talking statistics and start talking anger, most of it justified.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join