It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left will be destroying St. Louis tonight

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Blacks aren't targeted more. They're in these situations more because by %, they commit far more crime than others. It's so much simpler than you lefties attempt to make it.

When you have more gang members than other races, commit more murders than other races, commit more shootings than other races, sell more drugs than other races, guess what, you're going to have more interaction with cops than other races.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Blacks aren't targeted more. They're in these situations more because by %, they commit far more crime than others. It's so much simpler than you lefties attempt to make it.

When you have more gang members than other races, commit more murders than other races, commit more shootings than other races, sell more drugs than other races, guess what, you're going to have more interaction with cops than other races.

Yet, like others here you have NOTHING to back up your claims. You can therefore make up your stats as needed.

ETA: Coreection make up and lie about your stats. 1996-2011 racial/ethnic group with highest number of gang member is Hispanic. Demographics - National Gang Center

I'm sure the rest of your claims are just as spurious, like those that agree with you based on vapid guessing.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Of course you are exactly right.

Here is a way to prove it.

Something like over 90 percent of those shot and killed by police are men, despite being around only 50 percent of the population.

In fact more than any race, religious, age, ecomic or any other catergory, sex is the biggest skewed determined of almost all law enforcement action in the US, including people shot by the police.

People are claiming its a shame that blacks feel that rioting is the only way they can be heard, yet we have academia, political parties, media, celebrities, and even sports stars constantly talking about blacks being shot.

But name me one group of any real power screaming about men being singled out to be killed by police. In fact it is the opposite, most of the group's that I showed that focus on the police killing blacks decry the patriarchy.

Now all of us reasonable people know the reason for this is simple; men commit more violent crimes. Yet the same people that will admit that will someone act like we can't look at the violent crime numbers for blacks.

Its idiotic.
edit on 17-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Lol, numerous stats show exactly that.

So I take it you've clogged up this entire thread without doing any research.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Quick question, regardless of stats and who kills who more and which minority commits the most crimes.

Would you agree that generally police have a different attitude towards blacks than they do whites ?

To clarify do you agree that blacks are far more likely to be profiled and harassed by police than whites ?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yet you can't.cite any of them. Why not just admit that you and those who think like you are GUESSING and when you're called on your lies you start squirming

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because they always conflate arrests with convictions.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

A big part is this.

Simply put, it's the broken families in the African American households which help create all these problems. Have children out of wedlock and the chances they turn to a life of crime skyrocket. And it's cultural. It starts in their homes and with their values.

And frankly, it's as easy as wearing a condom. Out of all this nonsense and the excuses getting thrown around, a pack of condoms for $5 and only not using one with the woman you marry would create far more stable households, which in turn would create more stable families in the black community and.....less crime. Commit less crime and you'll have less run-ins with the cops.
edit on 17-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Use google. You don't have the time for the most basic of research but you have time to clog this thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Oh look, another stat that has nothing to do with what you claimed but only reflects your PIOUS PRIVILEGE.

Next you'll be talking about the shapes of their heads,

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Use google. You don't have the time for the most basic of research but you have time to clog this thread.

You know the truth doesn't back up your claims. I demonstrated you've lied about gang members.

Why don't you prove you're telling the truth ... if you are.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Quick question, regardless of stats and who kills who more and which minority commits the most crimes.

Would you agree that generally police have a different attitude towards blacks than they do whites ?

To clarify do you agree that blacks are far more likely to be profiled and harassed by police than whites ?

I am not ssure about FAR more likely, and I think that there can differences based on geopraphy and other factors, but in general I would agree with that.

In fact, the Harvard study that showed that unarmed whites are morely to be shot showed that blacks are actually more likely to be cuffed or detained, etc.

Now some profiling is justified in my opinion based on the fact that 6 % of the population commits aboutr 50 % of the violent crime.

For exaam[le, many studies have shown that often times the voctims of this violence, who by the way are also predominantly black, describe the perp as a black man. What should the police do, ignore the race and look into all men and women of all colors?

However, the overwhelming majority of blacks that are not committing violence have every right to be upset about this. And beyond that, there are no doubt some racist cops that deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

But groups like BLM or rioters or politicians and media and athletes and celebreties that focus solely on how racist the cops are make any honest conversation moot.

The fact is in order to solve this problem, we need to be honest about the problems in policing (which are many) AND the reason for their many interactions with come blacck communities, which is their is a lot of violent crime occuring there.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder why LEOs tend to arrest more Blacks... do they really commit more crimes, or does their economic status keep them from being able to afford high-priced lawyers to get them off?

Hmmmm.

Yet, we still have those here who can admit to all the inequities regarding Blacks, but still think they have the right to decide " well it's okay if these Black folks are angry but these folks that dare to stand up as activists don't have that right.

Sounds like someone doesn't like folks getting all uppity.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yet you can't.cite any of them. Why not just admit that you and those who think like you are GUESSING and when you're called on your lies you start squirming

Oh please.

you have seen the numbers over and over.

Here is a thread where we discussed this in 2015.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of the numbers are their from the FBI.

Now I know you will say that is only the arrests numbers not convictions, but that was all hashed out on that thread.

In addition, I can dredge up the vitcimization numbers from the federal government that show that nearly half of all victims of things like murder are black (whihc is horrible). As we know, races tend to kill more within their race, so this factor tends to show that the FBI numbers that show that around 50% of homicides are committed by black men are probably true.

Here is a link on the Harvard study that shows that unarmed whites are more likely to be shot than blacks.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thankyou for your reply.

The fact is in order to solve this problem, we need to be honest about the problems in policing (which are many) AND the reason for their many interactions with come blacck communities, which is their is a lot of violent crime occuring there.

I would think it is fair to say that the reasons for there being more violent crime in black communities, because in general they are the poorest, they are stuck in a cycle, they are targeted and it just continues that cycle and breeds hate and anger, as you say something needs to change and the issues are far greater than just the policing issues.

These issues bother me, much like the third world, in which a comparison can be drawn to what is happening in black communities , we are actually still fighting the third world war and have been for decades, the war is against the third world, we have been raping and pillaging, keeping those people down for a reason. It is not beneficial for the ruling class to have emerging economies that can compete with western hegemony .

Little kim in Korea is a prime example, countries that cannot defend themselves are targets and get raped, that is why he has made a point to get nukes and the only reason he is still there is because he does have them.

Sorry to steer the topic away but it relative to my point, I constantly see people saying those people just do not want to help themselves, I can tell you for sure that is simply not true. By those people I mean blacks in general as well as all those billions of people that live in the third world.

This world we live in is screwed up....

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Gee, I wonder why LEOs tend to arrest more Blacks... do they really commit more crimes, or does their economic status keep them from being able to afford high-priced lawyers to get them off?

Hmmmm.

Yet, we still have those here who can admit to all the inequities regarding Blacks, but still think they have the right to decide " well it's okay if these Black folks are angry but these folks that dare to stand up as activists don't have that right.

Sounds like someone doesn't like folks getting all uppity.

I am sure you agree that most crimes against a particular racial group are committed by people in the same racial group.

So given that a hugely disproportional amount of victims of violence are black people, you don't think that it is black people committing these crimes against them?

Again, you ask for evidence, and then when given it, claim that the evil police are so racist that their arrest records paint an inaccurate story.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree with most of your post, but I think there is more to the problem than just poverty. For example, most of the poorest counties in the country are almost exclusively white, yet the number of violent crimes their are far fewer.

Factors such as populations size in a small area, culture, law enforcement, history, ect. must also be factored in, and probably many more. That is not to ssay that blacks haven't gotten a raw deal in these other areas too, I am just saying it doesn't seem to be only about poverty.

But lets say for a minute that it is. Heck, lets even concede that the powers that be in the US have intentionally screwed over black people and continue to do so to keep them poor.

It still leads to more violence in these communities (although perhaps justifies it more in some ways).

That means that the police involved in those areas still have far more higher intensity encounters in these areas, and are far more likely to have to use violence to defend themselves, or be put in positions where they are more likely to make a mistake and use violence.

So just writing the police off as racist and acting like there is no explanation for these police shootings does nothing to solve the real problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I ignored that little factoid (pointedly NOT a fact, btw) because it had nothing to do with the statement of mine you choose to respond to (and then patently IGNORE.)

Did you just accuse someone of the same thing you yourself do?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Agreed, other than this part...

So just writing the police off as racist and acting like there is no explanation for these police shootings does nothing to solve the real problem.

I don't really think racism is the issue, I think the issue is police are more likely to target blacks as they are a much easier target, as gryphon pointed out they are far less likely to have a good lawyer to get them off.

The wheels of justice have to keep on turning and there is an endless supply of grease in those communities to keep those wheels turning.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agreed, other than this part...

I don't really think racism is the issue, I think the issue is police are more likely to target blacks as they are a much easier target, as gryphon pointed out they are far less likely to have a good lawyer to get them off.

The wheels of justice have to keep on turning and there is an endless supply of grease in those communities to keep those wheels turning.

This argument doesn't really add up to me though.

First, seeing as how the poorest counties in the country are white, why would they not be targeted unjustly in the same way. Just roll into a trailer park and throw people in jail for murderrs that didn't happen.

Next, as I have mentioned, blacks are also far disproportionately the VICTIMS of violent crime to. Almost all stats and studies show that overwhelmingly violent crimes are committed by people in the same race.

So are you arguing that the police are also making up these victims? When we read about gang violence in inner city chicago or Baltimore or detroit in communities that are overwhelmingly black, do you really think police are just making up black victims, or that other races are coming in and killing black gang members and setting up other blcak gang members?

that just seems insane.

I think people have been so ingrained by culture that the police are racist and unjustly go after black people that they are willing to believe police just arrest black people en masse for no reason, despite having no proof of this whatsoever.

And to add, how would this be any different than me claiming its not that men commit more violent crimes like homicide, its the police no juries would be more likely to convict men, and so they just arrest men for murders they no women commit just to keep the wheels turning.

There is exactly the same amount of evidence for this claim as yours.

edit on 17-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join