It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the Left will be destroying St. Louis tonight

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I pointed out that Legal killing = Good death. Not much of a soapbox, eh?

You pointed out what you thought some other poster 'meant' and from there built your soapbox by assuming they were ok with somebody murdering another. A complex strawman but a strawman nonetheless.

That you think the only things at stake here are a "good debate" tells me all I need to know.

Pardon me if I have a more visceral reaction to it than you.

If you think there is more at stake from posting about it on ATS then I would argue your outrage is misplaced.

Arguing your stance and views is fine and well, soaking up others and taking them into consideration is also a great exercise. None of those will change anything in out in the really real world however.
edit on 15-9-2017 by JinMI because: Spullingk

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: c2oden
It is times like this that we need the wisdom of Rodney.

In times like these, Black people need to quit barking up the wrong tree! Last year almost 6,000 Black people were murdered by other Black people.
Source: www.dailywire.com...
Where are the BLM, ANTIFA, NAACP, etc.. efforts to solve the #1 cause of murders in the Black community?

I wonder how many blacks have killed other backs in this city in 2017, and then I'd like to compare it to how many protests there were in this same city due to it, since black lives matter so much and all that.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Star.

Well said. I'm terrified that you are right, both in this case and a larger sense.

God help us.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just put yourself in the shoes of the mob, or protesters, or even some of the posters here for a moment.

You have a general disdain for the police. You excuse the behavior of drug dealers and criminals. Government has done nothing that government has promised. You're still living in poverty, you complain about crime, but give a pass to criminals. You're angry and no 'talk" is going to calm you down or change your opinion. rational discussion is gone. Elvis has left the building.

You will believe what you believe and no talk, no examples, no proof, no evidence will change your mind.

You are a true believer. A true believer in absolutely nothing. There comes a time when people have reached that point where the only thing that will rectify it is war. Bloodshed. something that will feed and quench the anger at everything.

Absolute surrender is about the only thing that will calm the mob, the looters, the angry people posting here and elsewhere.

There is no compromise any more. There is no hope of compromise.

There is going to be a winner and a loser in this fight.

just my opinion and observation.

I see what you're saying but I have a hard time believing it would happen. If it didn't break out into a legit war in the 60s, I can't see it happening now.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

... and you're on a soapbox about what you consider my soapbox.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

In times like these, Black people need to quit barking up the wrong tree! Last year almost 6,000 Black people were murdered by other Black people.
Where are the BLM, ANTIFA, NAACP, etc.. efforts to solve the #1 cause of murders in the Black community?

In their communities doing everything they can do. Stop implying otherwise; it's demeaning to you.

You've studied the efforts to reduce Black-on-Black murders and are satisfied that nothing more can be done? OK.....

link   
St. Louis sucks anyways.
Lived around the area for three years.
I was hoping it would all burn down during the Ferguson riots a few years ago.
And yes. This is not an assumption, but an observation. The majority of people in the area are racist one way or another. Whether they admit it or not.

I used to love the ex in-laws' favorite saying "there are good black people, and there are n#s(only doing this for sensitive folk)".
They would follow this up with every black family around them were n#s. They might work with one or two "nice ones". But that is my experience with St. Louis people and their racial bs.
There is more but, to hell with it. Hope the city burns to the ground and the suburbs...

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Interesting and fairly accurate description.

Sounds eerily like religion. The only option there is, is to wait them out. Eventually thirst, hunger and sleep rule us all.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

He was getting arrested on suspicion of selling cigarettes. He died because he resisted arrest with a respiratory condition AND a heart condition. That's sad, but the most you could charge the cops with is wrongful arrest.

Selling cigarettes?

Oh no!

The humanity!

When I was in high school I bought my smokes off of the county sheriff, until I was of age.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
Anyone have a live stream link?

Heard the city is burning down...I'd like to see what is really happening.

I think everyone called it quits for the night, they only got paid til 11 o'clock but this should be back up around 10 in the morning.

link   

In their communities doing everything they can do. Stop implying otherwise; it's demeaning to you.

You've studied the efforts to reduce Black-on-Black murders and are satisfied that nothing more can be done? OK.....

Interesting argument. Can you quote me saying that nothing else can be done?

Because I can certainly show that you are suggesting that Black Americans are doing nothing to help themselves.

Look up at your post.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

He was getting arrested on suspicion of selling cigarettes. He died because he resisted arrest with a respiratory condition AND a heart condition. That's sad, but the most you could charge the cops with is wrongful arrest.

Selling cigarettes?

Oh no!

The humanity!

When I was in high school I bought my smokes off of the county sheriff, until I was of age.

As I pointed out already, the cops don't make the laws. Go protest the politicians.

For the record, I think it's absurd they made a law against that.
edit on 15 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

... and you're on a soapbox about what you consider my soapbox.

/shrug

No. I consider you a contributor of valid discussion and debate. It sucks to see dishonest tactics used to propel an argument where there is plenty of grey area to actually discuss.

I would expect the same treatment.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Anyone have a live stream link?

Heard the city is burning down...I'd like to see what is really happening.

I think everyone called it quits for the night, they only got paid til 11 o'clock but this should be back up around 10 in the morning.

So the city is not burning down?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: roadgravel
It should be legal to shoot a drug dealer and leave a throw down gun. Gotta clean up the streets.

Attitudes like this are the reason things are the way they are now.

Look how well it's worked in the Philippines...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
True intentions lost within the mass hysteria...

What a mess, and its only going to get worse.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Selling cigarettes?

Oh no!

The humanity!

As I pointed out already, the cops don't make the laws. Go protest the politicians.

For the record, I think it's absurd they made a law against that.

A law against what?

Do you not find it unreasonable to go to such extremes over a smoke?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I can accept that is your opinion of my argument, and appreciate that your stated goal is to safeguard valid discussion.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The site said this was a live stream, however, it is pre-recorded. I am still looking for live feeds. So far every one that claimed to be a live feed has either been like this, pre-recorded, or is not playing at all.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Feigning ignorance again because you have nothing of merit to say?

The sad part is you seem to be a reasonably smart fella, too bad you waste your intellect with that closed mind of yours.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join