It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamie Lee Curtis Is Back for a New Halloween Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

(Ign.com)-Set four decades after the first movie, this new film will have Curtis reprise her role as Laurie Strode for a final showdown with Michael Myers. The movie, simply titled Halloween, will open in theaters on October 19, 2018.

John Carpenter will executive produce and serve as a creative consultant on the film, with Jason Blum (Get Out, Split, The Purge, Paranormal Activity) producing. Malek Akkad's Trancas International Films, which has produced all of the Halloween movies, will also produce this latest entry in the horror franchise.

www.ign.com...

I don't know how to feel about this.

So 1 and 2 happened.

Halloween H20 happened.

Halloween: Resurrection

I don't wanna figure out the timeline for the others.

But those are the main ones that make this new movie with her a problem.

But I guess YAY?! new Halloween movie.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Scary movies are just not at all scary for me in any way. It usually involves a sub IQ crowd of individuals toying around with some misfit from the past or evil entity with a bad attitude all culminating around poor acting, poor dialogue, and poor directing.

IT - A giant clown spider?

Garbage.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Scary movies are just not at all scary for me in any way. It usually involves a sub IQ crowd of individuals toying around with some misfit from the past or evil entity with a bad attitude all culminating around poor acting, poor dialogue, and poor directing.

Garbage.

Shut up.

This is aaaaaaAaaaaaaawesome news.

Awesome.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From what I understand this will be a sequel to Halloween II. I am still confused by this unless they believe there is a gap between the second and third film to be filled...
edit on 15-9-2017 by ashleywilliams because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashleywilliams
From what I understand this will be a sequel to Halloween II. I am still confused by this unless they believe there is a gap between the second and third film to be filled...

Anything after #2 doesn't exist in this timeline.

I am excited to see where this goes.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Anything after #2 doesn't exist in this timeline.I am excited to see where this goes.

Bingo! Some people don't understand that most sequels are made by different directors,writers,producers,etc..John Carpenter is a executive producer for this one,and I'm all for it Man..

edit on 15-9-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If she is the main character the movie is going to bomb. Young crowds are not going to go see it if there's a 50 year old woman playing the lead...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
If she is the main character the movie is going to bomb. Young crowds are not going to go see it if there's a 50 year old woman playing the lead...

"I am not an original fan, my opinion does not matter".

Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

Garbage.

The real world is scarier... Especially the one they rarely if ever put into context on the hypnotube.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

It can work if you ignore the others and just think of it as a 3rd one following rob zombie's films. While I was always a fan of the series, those ones were tremendous.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

"I am not an original fan, my opinion does not matter".

Gotcha.

Who says I am or am not an original fan?

Original fans aren't the ones that are going to bring in the money, 12-17 year olds are. Without those 12-17 year olds there will be no more Halloween movies after this one.

But let's just let your nostalgia cloud your judgement on if it's a good investment to cast an actor kids don't give a damn about, nor know about.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Hollywood is losing its creativity when it comes to movie making. They've been turning out more re-makes and sequels of original movies rather than creating original content and story lines.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Hollywood is losing its creativity when it comes to movie making. They've been turning out more re-makes and sequels of original movies rather than creating original content and story lines.

They have to . Wasnt it said all plot lines were used up by the year 2000 ?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I wish they would bring back Hellraiser. Modern horror movies are garbage.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

And yet, you(we) are still watching.

Why, oh why, would they keep that up?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I like her better in the new sitcom Scream Queens, I think. I don't like her past horror flicks.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
1. Halloween (1978)
2. Halloween II (1981)
3. Halloween III: Season of the Witch
4. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
5. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
6. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
7. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
8. Halloween: Resurrection
9. Halloween (2007)
10. Halloween II (2009)

Awesooommmmme.

I was only thinking the other day, there aren't enough Halloween movies.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Eventually Michael Myers is going to get old and senile. There's a movie I'd like to see. Imagine it, all the famous killers together in an Akham Asylum style retirement home / Superjail style prison. It sells itself.

a reply to: Konduit
If you haven't, read The Scarlet Gospels. It's the best thing to happen to Hellraiser in a long, long time. As much as I'm against the milking of movie properties to the grave and beyond, I really want to see that made into a movie but only if Barker was actually personally involved with full creative control. So, yeah, that's never going to happen.
edit on 15-9-2017 by Noncents because: Spelling Correction

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Modern horror movies are garbage.

Agreed. But maybe it's just that they all follow the same outline and therefore hold no big surprises. Maybe I've watched too many of them for any to be original feeling to me. I can remember being absolutely horrified back in the day, not now.

Unfortunately, this phrase comes to mind when thinking about Hollywood and all of it's sequels:

“The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.”
edit on 16/9/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join