It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Right-Wingers Turn On Trump, Burn Their 'Make America Great Again' Hats

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Yet Trump remains President. Amazing.

He is president yes. Does that mean he should get a pass with everything? Is this going to be your only response to criticism and news about him?

No. But can you at the same time give him props when he does something like working with the Democrats on things? Or is that verboten? You seem to want to bash him for having people dislike him for doing something centrist like actually getting Dreamers legal?
edit on 16-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

No.

Exactly. No. It's a stupid response to use for everything negative in relation to Trump. "He's still president baaah". Glad you agree.

But can you at the same time give him props when he does something like working with the Democrats on things?

I did. Did you actually read the OP? Third paragraph:

I personally think Trump has had his best month yet. I mean he's actually making deals, crossing the aisle, helping to make government function. He's toned down on twitter, looking a little more presidential (never thought I'd say this) thanks, likely to his advisors. However with this sort of thing, it's going to impact his core promises that many of his supporters hinged their bets on when voting for him. In the end Trump has a choice, either he continues on the right path at the risk of angering and losing a good chunk of his base, or he continues to pander. If he does the latter however he won't make any progress in his presidency imho.

I could have told you to go back and read the OP but hey I'm here to make it easy for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well, my rational mind thinks it probably happened. No idea how many though.

I mean, outta tens of millions of supporters, there's no way to keep everyone happy. I'm sure there exists individuals with their own unique nuances and opinions.
edit on 9/16/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's been a long thread...... Thanks for the assist. I'm glad you think Trump has done something positive. Many in to opposition to Trump can't see what you see.

We pick up you(eventually) and lose a white supremacist.....that's progress. Do you need a MAGA hat yet or should I wait to order you one till more deals are done?

I work on converting one person at a time. So far up to 7, not including you yet. You are a work in progress. Soon you will look at the TV and see the Donald and cry and love the Donald.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Soon you will look at the TV and see the Donald and cry and love the Donald.

That is a cultish behavior that we have been mentioning.
Every time I see the Orange idol I cry from laughter.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You don't read much do you? Figure it out. Dark humor is a tricky thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

You don't read much do you? Figure it out. Dark humor is a tricky thing.

Figure what out? That the Trump fanboys have been behaving like they are in a cult?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Sillyolme

Little late to this game. Have your fun. I wonder if Trump's popularity numbers will go up? Hmmm, if his supporters are burning hats but his numbers go up, where would that uptick come from?

36% according to Gallup, Rassmusen and Survey Monkey (I find this last one hard to believe) have him at 43%

And all of them show that the approval trend is still sloping downward.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Obama supporters burned their shirts too, when he didn't come through for them.

Disappointment abounds......it's ageless.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

I predict YUGE disappointment among Trump supporters not too far in the future.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Not a cure for stupid

Like some portions of the population getting used is something new? Bush did it to the gays when his own VP's daughter was a lesbian....they, both sides, were used as political props.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

From the news today...

The "Mother Of All Rallies" (pro-Trump, set up for Washington DC) only drew 500 or so supporters. In contrast, on the same day and on the other side of the Mall, the Juggalos (fans of the Insane Clown Posses) drew a far larger crowd

Now... I'm not sure how widely each event was advertised to the fan base, but whatever MOAR was using wasn't a group that was invested in responding.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Just wait for it.... Going to the middle never hurts.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Yet Trump remains President. Amazing.

He is president yes. Does that mean he should get a pass with everything? Is this going to be your only response to criticism and news about him?

Where did I suggest Trump gets a pass? All I'm saying is that burning MAGA hats accomplishes nothing.

I have no problem criticizing Trump. My problems with him are likely not the same as liberal's/democrat's.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I think this one sums up this thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: ipsedixit

I think this one sums up this thread.

No, it doesn't.

The topic was that some Trump voters are angry and some are demonstrating by burning merchandise as a symbolic rejection. Twitter feeds support the statement that they were long-time Trump supporters and that yes they're angry with him.

Your image doesn't address that topic.

It appears that many here do NOT share that anger and frustration (or if they have, they're not speaking out about it.) At this point it's not clear how much of his original base he has alienated. I *think* that for most of the hat burners, it's the DACA deal that has them upset.

How do you, as a Trump supporter, feel about his DACA move and about his possibly NOT withdrawing from the Paris Accord after all? What moves would be a "deal breaker" for a Trump supporter...where you'd refuse to support him in a reelection bid and refuse to support candidates he endorses?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
He has to work with both parties, that's what presidents do. The right can burn as many MAGA hats as they wish in protest, just don't burn my flag.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Really ? I predict tremendous morale failure within the Democratic Party when they lose more seats in 2018 and the Presidency in 2020
There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the left.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Looks like some of Don's supporters are turning on him. Not surprising considering it's the 9th month and none of his major promises appear to be making any progress. Not to mention *gasp* he's compromising with the Democrats. How dare he use common sense and reach out to the other side of the aisle.... I mean we don't want a functional government right?

Oh it functions alright. The scam presented is it is divided, for public consumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join