It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Right-Wingers Turn On Trump, Burn Their 'Make America Great Again' Hats

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The topic was that some Trump voters are angry and some are demonstrating by burning merchandise as a symbolic rejection. Twitter feeds support the statement that they were long-time Trump supporters and that yes they're angry with him.

That narrative is one ring in the circus politic.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You can put someone in the driver's seat but if you don't let them put their hands on the wheel or press the gas pedal then you can't blame them when you don't go anywhere.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 0001391

Trump was not "put in the driver's seat", although many of his supporters were encouraged by him to believe that's what they were doing. Neither he nor his supporters understood what they were doing. They didn't understand how politics works in the United States. In fact they made a point of wanting a departure from politics altogether. Trump's base are a nascent totalitarian movement. They don't want a president. They want someone more like a dictator, who will run a command economy and institute a nativist, exclusionary social program. They won't admit it, but they want Hitler Mark 2, a kinder, gentler Hitler. (Putin?)

Trump is an interesting character. He is not a bad guy, unless you call extreme selfishness and mob connections bad. He wants to be a good president but he is only just learning what that entails, i.e., the exercise of politics. His supporters are extremely naive people. Their understandable hatred of Hillary Clinton led them to vote for a very well known con man who told them he loved them.

They went into a hallucinatory state and elected an extremely corrupt individual in the hope that he would "drain the swamp". They thought he was telling them the truth. He then loaded his administration with people from Goldman Sachs, like Obama did and like Bush did. Goldman Sachs represents the interests of the American oligarchy, not the little guy. Having them in the Trump administration guarantees that the little guy goes to the bottom of the priority list on policy matters.

Trump probably thought he was telling his "base" the truth, at least some of the time, but he was ignorant of what is required of a president in American government. He was signing checks with the electorate that he couldn't cash.

Having him as president is almost comical. It's like having John Gotti become president of the rare book club at the Library of Congress. Awkward. Really awkward.
edit on 17-9-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, we're at a playground with a bunch of kids who have no idea what's going on in the world.

Like little kids, there's just reaction. No logic. Just temper tantrums. No thinking.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This is crap. I don't know one person who voted for Trump that doesn't think he's doing a fantastic job - considering all the opposition from the freaking traitors to the country that are doing all they can to cripple him.

peace

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
Well, we're at a playground with a bunch of kids who have no idea what's going on in the world.

Like little kids, there's just reaction. No logic. Just temper tantrums. No thinking.

Brilliant.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: ipsedixit

I think this one sums up this thread.

No, it doesn't.

The topic was that some Trump voters are angry and some are demonstrating by burning merchandise as a symbolic rejection. Twitter feeds support the statement that they were long-time Trump supporters and that yes they're angry with him.

Your image doesn't address that topic.

It appears that many here do NOT share that anger and frustration (or if they have, they're not speaking out about it.) At this point it's not clear how much of his original base he has alienated. I *think* that for most of the hat burners, it's the DACA deal that has them upset.

How do you, as a Trump supporter, feel about his DACA move and about his possibly NOT withdrawing from the Paris Accord after all? What moves would be a "deal breaker" for a Trump supporter...where you'd refuse to support him in a reelection bid and refuse to support candidates he endorses?

You can believe what you want, it's the huffingtonpost, it's turned into tabloid trash journalism. What will happen in next week’s episode of fake news?

Trump insisted, no deal was made with DACA, and for such a deal border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. I see nothing wrong with bipartisanship. Nothing here to burn hats over, as the MSM would have you to believe.

It's the same with Paris Accord, there is no deal unless it's favorable to the United States. It's still, "America first.... Pittsburgh, not Paris.”

Here is the way I see it... It's not about how bad Trump performs, it's about how the media is so globalist liberal. If it wasn't so liberal I'd probably wouldn't vote for Trump.
edit on 55095530pm302017Sun, 17 Sep 2017 12:55:20 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: 0001391

Trump was not "put in the driver's seat", although many of his supporters were encouraged by him to believe that's what they were doing. Neither he nor his supporters understood what they were doing. They didn't understand how politics works in the United States. In fact they made a point of wanting a departure from politics altogether. Trump's base are a nascent totalitarian movement. They don't want a president. They want someone more like a dictator, who will run a command economy and institute a nativist, exclusionary social program. They won't admit it, but they want Hitler Mark 2, a kinder, gentler Hitler. (Putin?)

Trump is an interesting character. He is not a bad guy, unless you call extreme selfishness and mob connections bad. He wants to be a good president but he is only just learning what that entails, i.e., the exercise of politics. His supporters are extremely naive people. Their understandable hatred of Hillary Clinton led them to vote for a very well known con man who told them he loved them.

They went into a hallucinatory state and elected an extremely corrupt individual in the hope that he would "drain the swamp". They thought he was telling them the truth. He then loaded his administration with people from Goldman Sachs, like Obama did and like Bush did. Goldman Sachs represents the interests of the American oligarchy, not the little guy. Having them in the Trump administration guarantees that the little guy goes to the bottom of the priority list on policy matters.

Trump probably thought he was telling his "base" the truth, at least some of the time, but he was ignorant of what is required of a president in American government. He was signing checks with the electorate that he couldn't cash.

Having him as president is almost comical. It's like having John Gotti become president of the rare book club at the Library of Congress. Awkward. Really awkward.

I think the overwhelming majority that voted Trump did so solely out of their hatred for the lies and corruption of Hillary and the democratic party. It was more of 'I'll vote for anyone other than the status quo corrupt Clinton.'

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Make Tomatoes Great again!

I don't get why perfectly good sun cover is burnt, when we have plenty of over ripe fruit that would make a better story...

Why people have thrown tomatoes and other organics..
edit on 17-9-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

It really is crazy. Europe flip flops and changes their stance and the Media blasts Trump.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lefty actors. ATS has reached a new low.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I for one enjoy that he went across the aisle to make deals, as the establishment GOP has been against him from the beginning...it's called leadership

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You are correct. This is total propaganda.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ah... the norm is resumed. If you show evidence of something people don't like they call it fake news.

Of course if it showed supposed Hillary supporters denouncing Hillary they would eat up every word.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

#makekidsgreatagain

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I myself am fed up with the Senate and House Republicans. They aren't getting anything done. Next voter cycle they better have their boxes packed. And that doesn't mean I'm voting Democrat, just not voting for any incumbents.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
Ah... the norm is resumed. If you show evidence of something people don't like they call it fake news.

Ah, so Tweets are now "evidence." I'll keep that in mind.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Was thinking about this earlier. It took the right all of about 8 months to realize the oval office is controlled by a deep state of globalist bankers. That no matter who you put in ain't **** going to change. Yet democrats after 8 years of Obama are still confused about where their "hope" and "change" went...

About the only thing now that will reverse the course and actions of the United States government is the people raising up again to take their government back. Peacefully or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yes. Tweets can be evidence. Is this concept new to you?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yes. Tweets can be evidence. Is this concept new to you?

It's not, nor has it ever been a legitimate concept.

Tweets aren't evidence without being extrinsically authenticated:

FRE - 902

edit on 9/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join