It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS used to be interesting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
ATS is still interesting. It's the members that are constantly on here, with the same mean spirited responses, corny attempts at being clever, constant brown nosing to the "cool kids" on this site but negative insults to others, and the never ending circle jerks frequented by the same old crowd..... thats what gets boring.

one big mudpit.....

I can only stand it for a little while then I go outside and ride my bike or go fishing.

I thought YOU were one of the cool kids!?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

ATS is a mirror. It only reflects back what the members put into it.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

No I think he is dealing in reality,the content of this site has taken a dump,don't try to justify if you have had but a glimpse,the content used to have facts not some fake flat earth,or fake moon etc,you sound patronizing and aloof

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

No I think he is dealing in reality,the content of this site has taken a dump,don't try to justify if you have had but a glimpse,the content used to have facts not some fake flat earth,or fake moon etc,you sound patronizing and aloof

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I wish people wouldn't change avatars, I tend to form a profile that is largely tied to, or accessed, by their profile pic.

Really? I think I'm the complete opposite. For one I change avatars frequently because I just like to. But I also tend to treat each thread as its own little world, paying little attention to who the poster is and much more on what is being said. Half the time I don't even have my browser adjusted to see people's avatars.

On the broader topic, there has always been this complaint. Is ATS more political than it used to be? Certainly, yes. I think this really happened when above politics and BTS were merged into the main site. But honestly, it never really bothered me as I posted in those places as much as I did on the former ATS site.

As some have already said, ATS is what you make it. If you see a topic underrepresented, then post stuff to even that out.

In the end, I still think ATS is one of the best discussion boards in existence.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I have to see the avitar and know who is talking so I know which crazy voice to attribute to them in my head when I read their post.

You are a soft spoken professor type with a deep voice. (if you are a chick, don't tell me, it would really screw with my head)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have to see the avitar and know who is talking so I know which crazy voice to attribute to them in my head when I read their post.

You are a soft spoken professor type with a deep voice. (if you are a chick, don't tell me, it would really screw with my head)

Oooo...Do me next!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Oooo...Do me next!

I always hear Mario Cantone.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: network dude

Oooo...Do me next!

Piers Morgan. (It's the bowler) Plus it makes the posts more distinguished.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This would actually make a really funny thread premise. 'What does the poster above you sound like?'

I had to edit this in...
edit on 16-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a demon stole it

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

This would actually make a really funny thread premise. 'What does the poster above you sound like?'

I had to edit this in...

I was thinking the same thing.
GO for it!
Hopefully this OP will think it's interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Let ND do it, he leads a sad, sad life and needs something to liven it up besides the usual 1st and 3rd Wednesday sacrifices at the lodge.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I hear you OP. The drivel spouted in the politics forums bleeds heavily over into everything else, even stuff not remotely associated. It's damn aimless, at best, on here.

originally posted by: dashen
How about posting an interesting thread that will bring up the quality of the site?

What's the f#ing point? it's just going to have politics wedged in by asshat posters who can't keep it in the appropriate forums anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hopefully this OP will think it's interesting.

Actually yeah, that is an interesting idea! All of you have Gilbert Gottfried's voice in my head, except for Augustus, he has the voice of an angel.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
...except for Augustus, he has the voice of an angel.

Hopefully it's a fallen one.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

What's the f#ing point? it's just going to have politics wedged in by asshat posters who can't keep it in the appropriate forums anyway.

If we do that 'what do they sound like thread' I just heard you do Howard Dean right there. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I sound like Darth Vader doing helium with a stutter while gargling with angry ferrets.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I sound like Darth Vader doing helium with a stutter while gargling with angry ferrets.

I always hear you as Orson Wells in his wheezy, heavy breathing stage. "I.....uhhhhhhh......neeed......*gasp*........more......ahhhhh....Doritos."

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you really want to know how I sound, then imagine Barry White and Pee Wee Herman having a baby, and that baby grows up and opens a taco truck in Arizona. Now Imagine a long line of people waiting for tasty tacos because they don't skimp on the lime juice or the sour cream.

I'm the third one in line.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They guy waiting for the double carnitas torta? That guy?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join