It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS used to be interesting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hey, I guess I've fallen victim to the current mentality around here.

This isn't about everyone except me, it includes me as well. I admitted to that in the OP. I see you didn't read.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Maybe it's just me though.

Seeing as this type of thread pops up fairly regularly, I think it's safe to say it's not just you.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hey, I guess I've fallen victim to the current mentality around here.

This isn't about everyone except me, it includes me as well. I admitted to that in the OP. I see you didn't read.

You can only be responsible for your own behavior.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

But your behavior can also be easily influenced by those you surround yourself with.

Not disagreeing with you btw, I totally agree.
edit on 9/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Just a heads up. Most of them either died or got banned.

Why did you lurk for years? That really doesn't add to the quality of the site...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'll add to that. The politicalization of everything is truly annoying. That you can't discuss science or how we government without being attacked for being partisan is appalling. I also dislike responses that are clearly just knee-jerk reactions to a Title by people who have no knowledge of a subject nor, especially, the willingness to learn anything about that subject.
The rabid denial of facts.

I've been getting very close to moving on myself, as there are many days that there is absolutely nothing worth reading on ATS. But I will continue to post things of interest to me, and I hope a few others, and write a bit for practise (and I need it).

I, too, miss the actual discussions that used to take place here. But, until I find another place, one with more civility and rationality that has the level of participation, I'll stick around.

The interface is simple and easy to use - mostly - useless search function.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Just a heads up. Most of them either died or got banned.

Why did you lurk for years? That really doesn't add to the quality of the site...

That's a huge assumption to state as fact, don't ya think?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Broken record incoming...

Be the change you want to see...

But here is a S&F for your efforts...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I feel like a broken record as well. I know this kind of thread doesn't solve anything, I guess I'm just venting.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That is not interesting at all. You even admit in that thread that 'The Simpsons' came up with the idea in the first place.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

politicalization of everything

I think this is my main gripe along with everything else you mentioned. It's hard to find a thread where politics isn't brought up or used to derail the topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Not really. I've been a member for a few years now. I notice stuff...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
bah, wot
edit on 15-9-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Venting is good, we all need to let it out sometimes and there's always someone willing to listen.

Recieving feedback - good and bad - is always great for gaining new perspective.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Another thing is that ATS used to discuss what we don't see, the conspiracies and "behind the scenes" stuff, now we seem to only to discuss what is handed to us on a silver platter by the media.

The front page right now is media talking point after media talking point. No diversity at all and the front page is what brings new members in. I wonder what all these new members will be making threads about?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
By my count there is at least 24 forums not of a general type discussion (something conspiracy or current event wise) that you shouldn't find much if any politics in on the forum directory page...maybe you should open ATS here rather than the Live page or the Top Topics page...

Looky Here Its So Simple!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

ALL the same forums are here...that used to be here years ago.
There may be even more now.

If you go by the 'TOP' threads...it is simply your fellow ATSers visiting those they find most interesting to them.

I can't get upset at others for having preferences in topics other than my own.
You probably shouldn't either.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

When my neighbors start littering on the streets and in my front yard I think I have a right to voice my opinion.

You may not agree with that analogy but I believe it's relevant to my own experience here.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
I wonder if some of the seasoned OPs left because of the political trolling that has gone on for over a year now or maybe its just government agents conducting PSYOPS. IDK, but I have seen a lot more hate and or comments that just totally derail threads over the past few years.

I too, loved ATS when ppl liked to discuss topics and have open minds.

Oh yeah and less politics.

~Morpheus

Well, derailing threads is nothing new at all, that's been going on for years, very good threads indeed with very good info, and indeed I do think people did decide to go elsewhere..and haven't come back.
The political threads...an exponential amount of them from a certain source..which, in particular I find extraordinarily the kind of rubbish you often find in the print below a YouTube video, have an extraordinary amount of support...from somewhere..even one time a first reply at the same time the OP posted..
so all is not as it appears then, and should be treated as such.
In the meantime, there is plenty of stuff coming up to get your teeth into all by yourself.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The political threads...an exponential amount of them from a certain source..

Hillary's emails?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join