It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS used to be interesting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I used to come to ATS to learn new and interesting things and this site has been a big factor in my own spiritual growth over the years thanks to some amazing contributions from a lot of members who no longer post on the forums anymore for whatever reason. I used to come to ATS to learn about spirituality, space, cryptozoology, aliens, UFO's, Area 51, religion, history, ancient civilizations, etc. etc. etc. Those were some good times.

I'm sad to see that the sites' focus and demographic has changed so dramatically over the past few years and I miss those old regulars who have now either disappeared completely or they post much less often. I'm tired of the same click-bait titles and rehashed arguments being posted over and over again by the same handful of members who have overrun the site. I miss the diversity on the front page that used to exist, now all I see are the MSM talking points of the week.

It almost feels like I've been sucked into the MSM narrative by simply visiting this site and reading the most predominate threads. Why am I watching the news when I visit ATS? It was never like this as far as I can remember until this past election cycle, what has happened here?

And last but not least, I am tired of feeling like "these" kinds of threads are worth creating. I miss the old ATS. Maybe it's just me though.
edit on 9/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Quit yer whining and get back to conspiring! You have not read ATS from front cover to back page. Get to it if your bored, new # is boring. Old # is where the fun is at.

Why I outta !

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ya, it's a real #hole.

The funny thing is that you'll get half of the prime time regular political players to chime up and agree with how over political this site has gotten.

It's almost as if they want to drive home that final nail signifying how completely out of touch and hypocritical they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Its you 😁

edit on 92017fAmerica/ChicagopmFri, 15 Sep 2017 15:16:01 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How about posting an interesting thread that will bring up the quality of the site?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't agree. I think you are just suffering from "the good old days" syndrome that people who can't cope with an ever changing world get.

Today is today. There are still plenty of dynamics here.

Remember, you are actually insulting all the posters here when you say what you say. Do we not match up to your expectations, oh enlightened one? Are you really more enlightened than me and the Next Generation members. Is Captain Picard really a lesser Star Fleet Officer than the Legendary Captain Kirk, lol?

I'm going to call your bluff. Show us then how yesterday was better than today. Let us see these golden threads from yesteryear. Give us examples to prove to us how much lesser members we are compared to the Titans of the Golden Age.

I am being a bit tongue in cheek here for fun.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"" ATS used to be interesting ""

and even more interesting now !!

better than ever !!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Why am I watching the news when I visit ATS? It was never like this as far as I can remember until this past election cycle, what has happened here?

So torpedo the news, its easy and fun.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I don't agree. I think you are just suffering from "the good old days" syndrome that people who can't cope with an ever changing world get.

Today is today. There are still plenty of dynamics here.

Remember, you are actually insulting all the posters here when you say what you say. Do we not match up to your expectations, oh enlightened one? Are you really more enlightened than me and the Next generation, lol?

I'm going to call your bluff. Show us then how yesterday was better than today. Let us see these golden threads from yesteryear. Give us examples to prove to us how much lesser members we are compared to the Titans of the Golden Age.

I am being a bit tongue in cheek here for fun.

While I get your message, and tone, looking at your stats I see you've been here long enough to maybe remember, or think of, a few nice things from the past.

I was a lurker for years, many years before signing up.

There used to be a good 6 to 12 VERY intelligent and VERY committed posters that would do some amazing research work and assemble very informative threads that led to great discussions.

Those posters are pretty much all gone, scarred off by the childish tone that atsbook has taken on.

Sure, there are good people here now, but by any quantitative non biased/emotional critique, it's no where near as "focused" as it was.

This is pretty much a circus now, and a low grade one at that.
edit on 15-9-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
How about posting an interesting thread that will bring up the quality of the site?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wonder if some of the seasoned OPs left because of the political trolling that has gone on for over a year now or maybe its just government agents conducting PSYOPS. IDK, but I have seen a lot more hate and or comments that just totally derail threads over the past few years.

I too, loved ATS when ppl liked to discuss topics and have open minds.

Oh yeah and less politics.

~Morpheus

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It almost feels like I've been sucked into the MSM narrative by simply visiting this site and reading the most predominate threads.

Don't read the predominate threads then , visit the ones that don't get mainstream attention , they need love too.

Maybe it's just me though.

Probably , we all tend to look back with rose tinted glasses but were things much different then , granted there's more of a political divide but that's the world we live in today.

ATS is just a reflection of now , enjoy it before the war starts.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nofear39

I know. I admitted to that in the OP, thanks for pointing it out for those who didn't read!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Spock (in a Bones angry voice), you pointy eared stubborn Vulcan. Only yesterday I told you when the end of the world was gonna happen. Is that not good enough for you?

I shall tell you what happened:

I Phone happened, Android happened, even my not so flashy Windows Phone happened. You will see that posters who are on PC or laptop are writing longer threads and comments. It is crazily difficult to do all that linking and imaging on a tiny screen. Often, members even say they are on their phone posting and can't do more than the very basic.

I write from my beast of a PC. It's fast, it's furious, its a Mean Machine Head with HDMI and a 32 inch screen. It is bliss for posting. Notice that in a lot of my threads I do link and quote extensively. I get the same reward as everyone else; a head butt and a nose bleed for all my trouble. It's worse than going down the local rough pub, lol. Most of the nastiness actually comes from older members. I like the newer members. They are fresh and cool. I am happy with them.

Finally, when you go to the trouble and write a huge thread that you put your heart and soul into and get about three comments from a drunk chimp with a typewriter and one flag, well you know, it's not gonna make you wanna do it some more. You would have to be De Sade's willing slave to enjoy punishment like that.

Yang yang yang yang!!! Making a noise like my Ma's cat when it use to devour and crunch shrew heads for fun.

I do not have anything against chimps with typewriters (or laptops). They are kind of fun, too.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Just don't participate in the political threads and hopefully people will stop creating meaningless meta threads on ATS as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Just don't participate in the political threads

So, don't participate in ATS. Gotcha. Look at the front page right now.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You are a big part of the problem.

I saw you get half your posts deleted from another thread yesterday because of your personal attacks on the OP. For an 'enlightened' one you don't seem to even know how to treat others with respect and dignity.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: dfnj2015

Just don't participate in the political threads

So, don't participate in ATS. Gotcha. Look at the front page right now.

Hang in there, it actually is getting better. I mean I have no data to point to(other than a fantastic memory) and lately it seems that on the new page out of 10 new topics anywhere from 2 to 4 are non political.

Hell, 4 months ago the whole page(30+ topics) probably only consisted of 1 or 2 not mud pit posts. You used to see 3/4 mud pits right on top of each other separated by only non mud pit(though eventually moved to the pit) political tripe.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You are a big part of the problem.

I saw you get half your posts deleted from another thread yesterday because of your personal attacks on the OP. For an 'enlightened' one you don't seem to even know how to treat others with respect and dignity.

I wish people wouldn't change avatars, I tend to form a profile that is largely tied to, or accessed, by their profile pic. Not commenting on the accusation or the op, just a general comment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join