It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mason Mint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was browsing my favorite coin dealer when I noticed this new arrival. The Mason Mint Heritage Round. They are quite an attractive piece if I may say so myself. I like coins, and this is the first one from Mason Mint.

The first release of the Mason Mint, this .999 fine Heritage 1 oz silver round features exceptional detail and quality for a generic silver product. Boasting a combined 40 years of experience in the precious metals industry, Mason Mint uses the latest in minting technology to produce a beautifully struck silver round.

The obverse of the Mason Mint Heritage silver round is inspired by the ancient Mason coat of arms. A pair of winged lions pose on either side of a heraldic shield emblazoned with an M, all set before the rays of a rising sun. The winged lion motif is featured as the crest on the coat of arms of several Masons. The name Mason Mint curves over the design, while the year date 2017 appears on a scroll supporting the shield. Below the scroll, the weight of 1 Troy Ounce and purity .999 Fine Silver are inscribed along the lower rim.

The reverse features a splendidly detailed scene honoring the Norwegian heritage of the owners of the Mason Mint. This design is focused on a magical woman holding a mirror in one hand, and supporting a large ring with the other, though which can be seen the rugged terrain of Norway. The motto of the Morgan Mint, "Excellence In Minting" is inscribed in script above the scene, along the upper right rim.

The mirror in the woman's hand is a reference to another crest used on Mason coats of arms, a mermaid holding a hand mirror.

Gainesville Coins is very pleased to offer this remarkable Mason Mint Heritage 1 oz .999 fine silver round. We think you will agree that the detail and sharp strike sets it above regular generic silver products.

I wonder if they are real Masons, and if so what state?? Do they mine their own silver, buy it as scrap, a combination of sources?
All I see on their website is this:

We Pledge Allegiance to the art of precious metals
What We Believe
Mason Mint was born from the idea of producing world-class custom minted silver products. Our motto "Excellence In Minting" are words that we live by. Our high standards for quality and design is what separates us from everyone else. We look forward to supplying both the investor and collector silver market with superior products that are sure to impress.
What We Do Best

With over 40 years of combined experience in the precious metal industry, Mason Mint employs a highly skilled team who utilize the latest in minting technology. We are not just another mint, but a company of passionate individuals the common goal of bringing world class products to market.

The Heritage Silver Round

The Heritage Round is the first release from Mason Mint. Struck from 1 ounce of 99.9% pure silver this product showcases the beauty of the Mason Mint logo and exemplifies our motto "Excellence In Minting".

Specifications
Year: 2017
Fineness: .999 Pure
Actual Metal Weight: 1 ozt
Diameter: 39 mm
Edge Design Reeded
Mint Mason Mint
Series Heritage

Yea, not much more to go by, but it sure leaves wonders to the imagination! I am going to speculate they have a secret silver mine deep in the Rockies that has a map hidden in some museum somewhere National Treasure Style. Clearly thats absurd, but its fun to imagine until they talk more about it! Ima grab a few in between just for diversity.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I like this piece - quite a looker.

This reminds me a bit of Intaglio Mint's designs. They've got some unique pieces you might like as well Intaglio Mint

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Ha! I just checked out their products and one grabbed my attention immediately.
"From a place you will not see, comes a sound you will not hear"
Now that is a fine medal/coin!
Thans for bringing it to my attention. Reasonably priced too.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
woah thats certainly my exact post, but I have never seen that site before. At least they were kind enough to link the thread at the bottom.

Is that like some secret society wiki startup or something??? It says posted by admin. Do they even have any creative integrity?? The least they could have did was write up their own opinion and cite my thread.

Ok I see whats going on. A lurker or possible member here likely owns that site and is using the threads copied in their entirety. I just noticed the Melanie Shaw thread that was posted here a few hours ago is also there word for word. I suppose the fact that they at least linked the url at the bottom makes it ok??

Seems like somebody is just aggregating CT type of articles there and just straight up lifting the entire posts of other people on different forums. I don't suppose there is any harm if they are at least linking back to the source though right?
edit on 9-17-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That is pretty messed up if they ripped off your post, I would say something to them if that is the case.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I will mention it to DTOM. After all, my post and all the others lifted there are technically ATS property

I mean, they did link us as the source though.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think wholesale copy/pasting is not fair usage. I could be wrong but I think the site owners should know.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I just noticed they have done exactly the same with PBS and a handful of other source articles. Whoever it is simply lifting everything in its entirety and posting it there with a link to source. I sent her a PM, so its up to our admins to figure it out now.

In any case, I am glad you chimed in on this matter.
What do you know about this Mason Mint? Is it really owned by the Masons, or are they just cleverly using the name for publicity?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Never heard of them up until today, it could just be there last name as the coin in question isn't really Masonic. My lodge had a special coin made up for one of our members who will be taking over the Scottish Rite Northern Jurisdiction next year and we used a well known Masonic outfit that does things like this.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Indeed the surname could be an explanation I did not initially realize. It says that it uses the ancient Mason coat of arms. This could be the original coat of arms for that surname then, and the family is of Norwegian ancestry.

I looked up the name of Mason on the first ancestry site I found and they say the name originated in Britain. But none of the family crests or coat of arms seem to match the coin. I will have to continue researching to see if other sites have this information.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Let me know, the crest is not Masonic though so I'm hedging to the side of the firm not really having anything to do with Freemasonry.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Let me know, the crest is not Masonic though so I'm hedging to the side of the firm not really having anything to do with Freemasonry.

I was so close to mentioning many times, but I didn't want to be the guy.

The "Masons" involved with this Minting company are actually referring to the Mason surname, and the crest is symbolic of the European Mason Family Coat of Arms.

I couldn't find any correlations between Mason Mint and Freemasonry.
edit on 9/18/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Good catch Brother. Guess this one is solved.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I was a bit excited about the prospect of acquiring a new Freemasonic minted coin, but I have no use for a coin of heraldry. Heck, I'd even take a dessert mint,...

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
Heck, I'd even take a dessert mint,...

As long as they are only wafer thin.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi
So it is based on the Mason family crest on the lower left?? Good find! What a bummer though, I too was hoping for an official coin of the Freemasons.

Maybe if you spit on it for me Augustus I can claim it was blessed by a Mason and still hold it in reverence .

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was hoping for a Masonic chocolate mint candy or cookie. Oh well.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The United States Mint was established on 2nd April 1792, Congress passed the Coinage Act for first national mint in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, link below:-
www.usmint.gov...
I think George Washington was using deliberate astrology, as Sun rose on day and location, Sirius clicked into place on the Nadir, being Due North, astronomy graph below:-

top topics

join