It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autodeification.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There's a world of difference between the equality you and I would seek and what others would impose on us. Communism was all about equality or so they told the abused masses tired of fighting wars for their kings and countries. Between 150 -180 million people were killed by the Russian and Chinese governments in name of establishing their equality.

Nationalism isn't some disorder to be overcome. The freedoms enshrined in the US Constitution are the very products of it. It's the closest thing to achieving equal rights for everyone. Equal responsibilities can never happen. Freedom is the best guarantor that each takes care of themselves.

All political debates boil down to giving all our rights and freedoms to some higher Earthly authority. The smaller that government is and the closer to it's constituents it operates the more responsive and responsible it will be. I know my voice here in Virginia would never be heard in Brussels. Even Londoners felt the same when they voted for Brexit. We are seeing the results of globalist power structures failing in everything.
edit on 15-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I would say the best we can do is overcome pseudo-monarchies with all the cult around one person. Destroy the power structure all government work is purely administration and we might stand a chance.

That's actually something bothering me for quite some time, the last hundred years we had progress in everything, biology, technology, IT, aviation,... you name it, but political? Nothing, no innovation, absolutely no progress whatsoever.
Why's that?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Politics is a dead-end street that draws the worst sort of people.
I agree with Jefferson that which governs least governs best.
Psychopaths are drawn to power and we've created a society that caters to them out of forlorn hopes.
We've put our faith in people and systems instead of ourselves and God.
Not God as religion but as the expression of a higher consciousness.
Simplicity eludes us humans, we have a tendency to get lost in minutiae and forget the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You can call it anything you want but sounds like communism,the last 50 years it has been quite evident,mom and pop stores closing,big corporations come in,get areas rezoned by paying off government officials,kids not working,getting degrees that are useless,emasculating men,all about controlling the masses

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

That was really well spoken.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: intrptr

Again, agreed.

That's why it's up to us to ensure, by all legal--or even illegal, should that become necessary--means at our disposal. If we, the prollys, won't do it, who will?

Illegal plays into the hands of the state, my example is 60s protest movement, anti War, anti Corruption, anti Establishment, my keyboard is my instrument. As far as empires, the rest of the worlds nations will see to that.

Nest time you hear me sling slogans like Yankee go home and US out of everywhere, we will disagree again, I am sure.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The crux lies in the nuances. Saying you want to stop globalism is just denying reality. We have to overcome nationalism, make the masses the sovereign and this planet a place where everybody has the same rights and obligations.
Obviously I am not promoting a police state as vision for global equalism.

I imagine the argument for a single world government will be made along similar lines.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Quite honestly I only really get into those kind of conversations with people of my own age group. With people that are younger than me If they are young men I tend to get into conversations about fitness, weight lifting, martial arts etc. if they are younger (hot) women I angle to get into conversations that involve bedrooms.
a reply to: FyreByrd

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Undoubtedly. Not so much the Yankee go home...as I'm a fan of bring 'em home, myself. It's the "occupation" thingee that you and I disagree on...

But, meh, it'd be a boring world if everyone agreed that I'm always right.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Not so much the Yankee go home...as I'm a fan of bring 'em home, myself. It's the "occupation" thingee that you and I disagree on...

Oh.

"Bringing them home" would end the occupations. "Yankee go home" is the perspective of occupied peoples. Not their gubments, paid off and looking the other way, the people.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

yikes, that's good!! inspired

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join