It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is St Louis set to burn with acquittal of ex-cop Jason Stockley?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Usually to get them to plea down. Aim high and go low to get a conviction. That is why you can wind up with multiple charges in a 'fight' and they will use one to try to make sure it sticks.

Here, well, it is a judgement call. I don't think it matters who the judge was either. He could have been black and with the same judgement the rioting will begin.

Hope everyone is safe.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrptr

Again, though, a grand jury reached a verdict that no crime had been committed in the shooting of Brown. The verdict wasn't reached by an individual judge.

Grand Juries job isn't to decide guilt or innocent, only if theres enough to go to trial. Body in morgue riddled with cop bullets, conflict between eyewitness and police, surely if ever a case begged to go to trial that was it.

But the local DA decides to stack a grand jury, influence the evidence presented to them and then read the decision... himself...

it reeked of corruption. Beside, like I said, later video proved he didn't rob the store. That would have come out in trial, too.

edit on 15-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Jason Stockley has been found not guilty in the death of a citizen with his own personal gun. Protesting has already begun.

it's a shame it isn't a neo-nazi rally, everyone here would be against the protesters.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

Jason Stockley has been found not guilty in the death of a citizen with his own personal gun. Protesting has already begun.

it's a shame it isn't a neo-nazi rally, everyone here would be against the protesters.

I could be wrong, but I dont think he shot him with his own gun. But he admitted to having his own gun in the car.

link   

Doesn't seem like a stretch, does it. Set it up to fail.

link   

The types of people that usually turn up for these "protests" are way more of a threat to society than a tiny fringe group of neo-Nazis.

edit on 15-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The best part of the "Hands up don't Shoot" theme is it was proven fake and false.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Grand Jury was already serving in the term prior to the case, so I'm not sure how the DA "stacked the jury" in this case.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

“JUSTICE OR ELSE,” Alderman Collins-Muhammad screamed as he finished. State Rep. Bruce Franks Jr. then got up to speak apparently speaking to police, “You have your rules of engagement, we have ours. You got a job to do, we got a job to do. There’s a difference between being peaceful, and being non-violent. But just to let you know, there will not be any peace. Because one thing that has to be understood, and that will be understood, is y’all gonna stop killing us.”

State Rep. Joshua Peters got up and spoke about how black people are still enslaved, ending his speech with “no justice, no peace.”

State Rep. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, who has previously accused police of running hit quads to quietly assassinate protesters, and called for the assassination of President Trump, took to Twitter to say: “Not Guilty verdict because Missouri laws are archaic — 30+ years old. Our laws do not reflect Tennessee or later cases.” She is apparently referencing Tennessee v Garner, case law that governs an officer’s use of deadly force. The case law is in effect no matter what the state laws are, or how old they are, showing that Chappelle-Nadal appears to have no understanding of how laws work.

Glad our politicians, including one who wanted to kill the president, are sending that message of love.

The family also already settled a 900k lawsuit for there son who in the act of a felony was killed. This again, I do not fathom or understand.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I would call those representatives out everyday in some way....tools....

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Justice denied, why they are upset this time too.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The best part of the "Hands up don't Shoot" theme is it was proven fake and false.

the irony...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Justice denied, why they are upset this time too.

Man, I disagree with that. Following the letter of the law, which the grand jury did, constitutes justice. The case was brought before a grand jury, the grand jury heard the evidence presented, and the grand jury legally ruled there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a criminal trial. That is, by definition, justice. Justice doesn't require people agree with it, it only requires that the law and legal procedures required are followed, which they were in the Brown case.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Doesn't seem like a stretch, does it. Set it up to fail.

Except I still feel like Moseby in Baltimore was trying to collect some scalps to enhance her career.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Maybe the stupid people in the world should be killed as well as anyone who looks suspicious or has been convicted. The value of life is pretty low right now in society.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
!!! Businesses closing fast & early and some boarding up the windows already !!!

semi-panic

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Is St Louis set to burn with acquittal of ex-cop Jason Stockley?

Did a black person get shot? Then yes if black people live there.

If that sounds racist, you need to look at fairly recent events and check yourself. It just happens. When it rains the ground gets wet.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Are the prosecuting attorneys in anyway benefiting monetarily in the hotel business there? That would make more sense. Shoot for the unobtainable murder 1 expecting a flood of incoming protesters into hotels and motels you earn money from anyways.

Intentionally lose a case + influx of angry protesters = profit.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

i don't know about that angle but don't forget that 99.9% is about money.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

the irony...

Nothing was proven in a court of law...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join