It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is a Simulation of information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

So the question really is how can the universe not be a simulation of information?

'Universe' is the word we give to the information we perceive around us. These words we use in accordance with their supposed perceived conceptual meanings are not the key to advancing ourselves to the point of being able to comprehend this fully. To the contrary, these words limit us forever. They are limited withing themselves.

When perceiving and quantifying every aspect of the reality we live in, words work perfectly. But the foundation of these words are their meaning, and the foundation of that meaning is our ability to perceive the concept/idea of that meaning which in turn relies on our consciousness in what we perceive to be reality and our minds ability to do so.

Therefore..... what you are asking cannot be answered in words. You have not developed the words (due to the required understanding of what they would need to represent) that would be needed to answer your question.

Which is pretty much where ancient meditation etc comes in.

On a side note: I pride myself as the 'King of analogies'. I can come up with the most accurate analogy for anything. Its usually the easiest way to get people to understand something completely. But i couldnt come up with one now cos i think im a little too stoned.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Furthermore, i postulate that true state of existence is timeless. Time is non existent, simply the reaction of an 'event'.

make of that what you will!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
It appears that you don’t understand simulations or quantum computers. How can you be certain of things when you don’t know the basics?

Our simulation only needs to code for the laws of physics and an initial start point and everything else is emergent. From inside the simulation we and everything else are just information and we cannot know anything about the simulation hardware except that it is probably a quantum computer. When we simulate a sun, no one asks if the heat generated by the simulating computer adds to the temperature of the simulated sun, unless they want to be laughed at. Similarly, no one asks if the behaviour of every particle is individually programmed in a linear, ‘if this then that’ fashion.

The scientists posted in the videos by the OP are some of the finest minds of their generation and aren’t taken to flights of fancy. They might be wrong of course but the evidence, both scientific or otherwise, doesn’t point that way.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I never would doubt such a possibility!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join