It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism, for Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism..LMAO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Look, it's just not safe to say racist things straight up.

What you do instead is to call your target a racist, then everyone will hate them.
Not realizing that you set up your target to be hated.

A racist doesn't care if the reasoning is valid or not, they just want the "inferior" to be hated and reviled by all.
And this race card thing somehow works half the time on the more gullible naive types.

In reality 95%+ of people in our society don't show any evidence of being actual real racists, though there are clues and inferences and they make stupid comments that might be construed as such, they at least are good at hiding their inner true vile beliefs. So we can't say definitively that they are racists.

But that accusation (of racism) sure is used 100% of every day of the year in our media politics, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I'll post the same response I did in the other thread.

"I disagree, as I stated the gold standard is just that; Play the race card out of irreverent ignorance or maliciousness is being racist. Using a people's situation and history for your gains, is patronizing dismissive and racist.

I dont see that as falsely accusing on my part. "

Yeah, if you are just using race cards to win arguments, youre belittling the real issues with racism.

Hypocrisy, or maybe you cant see the forest for the trees?
This is a major problem. I've seen personally people abuse social justice ideas and weaponize against others accusations of sexism or racism to win arguments or assassinate their character. And yes, it diminishes real conversations and situations surrounding these issues.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Personally I've always had a thing for Mystique.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As they say, there's a Trump tweet for every occasion:

Obama's '07 speech which @DailyCaller just released not only shows that Obama is a racist but also how the press always covers for him.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
"You're racist for calling me a racist!"

Only makes sense in the mind of a racist..

WTF, thanks bud!

I guess Im an ignorant racist since I called someone racist for calling someone racist.

By your own logic that has made you a racist x3.... Holy crap thats comedy gold!

You all sure are fast at attaching ideals and insults to someone who has a different perspective than you. LOL

I stand by my post and I dont see the hypocrisy getting lobbed at me.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No definitive evidence needed.

Frankly, I don't believe in racism. It is not the racism it once was. Today, racism has become something far, far more abhorrent .

Today, racism is not believing falsely that one race is inadequate compared to another. Today, it is an all encompassing umbrella called hatred. A blinding hatred.

Humans are a single "race". We merely have different physical attributes.

Racism is the vitriolic, distillate of hatred. Even though boiled down, it still manages to become far greater in magnitude.

To the person who said that Trump is racist, she does not realize that when she looks at Trump, all see sees is pale white skin and orange hair. But that white skin she sees, is what she is actually using as the focus for all of her pent up anger and hate.

Agree, disagree, I could not care less. Reality has no peer that could judge it to be wrong. The reality is that racism has morphed from the definition initially intended. The reality is, is that she is being racist.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not assuming anything--my point is that which I've already stated. You're calling people out for talking about one thing, no matter over how many different threads, and saying that means that we are ignoring other issues.

Simply put, that's not the case, as there are plenty of posts popping up every day that deal with important issues in the world, many of which we are also commenting on.

Regardless, this is not a point worth arguing further, as it's everyone's individual right to discuss anything that's on their mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Most words don't carry the weight in definition they once did due to overuse and dilution of intent just because those who use it do so out of spite rather than to define an actual meaning.

George Carlin was spot on and very in tune with how language has evolved into this cesspool of split hairs when it comes to finding the right word to describe someone.

Do I think Trump is racist? No, look at who he hires to work his properties. If he was, he would only hire whites by true definition of racist goes.

Do I think white people in general are racist? No, most say what they say to get a reaction, not because they are racist. Often some of these slip ups and words are used because they give the best definition and description of the message the person is trying to convey..but not racist. Offensive? Sure...just not racist in context of ones purposeful intent. If it best describes the message I want to get across, Im going to say it so there is no misunderstanding my message. Whether it offends you or not is not my concern.

Do I think Black people are racist? Being Black I'd say from my own experience...more so than whites if you put em side by side...and thats saying something considering how much has been superficially set up to set blacks apart and feel special for doing nothing other than being born black. I blame the media and these B*llsh*t community action groups, NAACP, and other so called rights groups that pretend they are doing more good than harm. In actuality it has done nothing but keep the seed of racism alive and well. Not to mention it has done the reverse from what MLK worked so hard to do in the first place which is to desegregate.

I find most claims of racism these days hollow and empty as most folk are just that mentally...hollow and empty. Instead it is used by the unintelligent to lash out because they can't admit when they don't have the courage to admit when they're wrong.....or they're just along for the bandwagon gift set of social popularity to make them look in the right.

Either way its pretty stupid.
edit on 15-9-2017 by HassenBinSobar because: Whoops, bad keyboard....I failed typing

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

By itself, if an accusation of racism is where things begin and end, I agree with you. BUT that wasn't the case with Hill. This little gem from her about Trump couples with the accusation and does, in fact, make Hill a racist:

And if he were not white, he never would have been elected

That's racism, my man. Pure and simple racism. She is qualifying his position to his race. It is no different from those who claimed that any criticism against Obama was because of his skin color. If we're going to decry all forms of racism, then by God get to decrying all forms of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If she was referring to his voting base she's not only not a racist she's right.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I don't think this requires a long post. However, I would just like to point out the absolute hilarity of falsely accusing someone of being a racist.. for falsely accusing someone of being a racist..

I mean that is a level of hypocracy the is just soo blantant, it boggles the mind how often it happens..

Let's take a recent example of this..

The ESPN host Hill went on twitter and claimed that Trump was a white supremacists.

Which quickly led to many of the people who disagreed calling her a racist, for falsely accusing trump.

Assuming trump is not a white supremacists. That does not make hill a racist.. that makes her wrong!!!

Racism has a very specific definition that doesn't include "falsely accusing people of racism." Lol

The mental gymnastics required to falsely accuse some one of racism, for falsely accusing some one of racism is just Olympic level. Lol

(Added in edit)

Or is it really using the 2 wrongs make it right argument of a child??

"Well if she can falsely accuse some one of being a racist.. then so can I!!"

I think what people are saying is that she's inclined to believe he's racist, even though there's no evidence of this, because she's prejudiced against white people.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

If she was referring to his voting base she's not only not a racist she's right.

While Trump's base isn't a race, it is a large demographic you are unjustly stereotyping. How does it feel being a bigot?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

While Trump's base isn't a race, it is a large demographic you are unjustly stereotyping. How does it feel being a bigot?

Look at a Trump gathering for the demographics. It's not stereotyping it a reality. How does it feel being a blind moron?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

No, it's definitely stereotyping. Are you actually saying you can tell someone's a racist by looking at them? When you see a Trump rally and you see a lot of white people, do you just assume they're racists because they're white? Because that's all you know about them.

You're definitely a bigot.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There are a lot of examples of people stating facts only to be called a racist for stating those facts. Can't have it both ways, man. If a black woman had Trump's qualifications and had run with his message of America first, she'd have been elected. A lot of Trump's support came from people who voted for Obama his first go. They bought into the "Hope and Change" campaign and voted for him because they believed he'd do great things for America. Trump was the only candidate this election who actually stated goals, had a vision for the country beyond "continue with the same we've been doing," and he ran on what we could do, not what we shouldn't do. To attempt to distill that down to something as simple as "he won because he was as white as his base is" is as dull and shortsighted as saying "Blacks commit more crimes because they're black." It's a disingenuous generalization and heavily depends on false equivalences.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You're truly unaware aren't you? I didn't say they were all racist. All it takes is 1 in 10 that are and he loses. Calamine lotion. It's good for butt hurt I hear.

Side note. I'm through being nice to those that insult me. You want to grab the tiger by the tail you're going to get mauled.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
If a black woman had Trump's qualifications and had run with his message of America first, she'd have been elected.

If it were so I'd be overjoyed but we just have to look at society today, hell even this board, to knnw this is a pipe dream at this time.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: underwerks
"You're racist for calling me a racist!"

Only makes sense in the mind of a racist..

WTF, thanks bud!

I guess Im an ignorant racist since I called someone racist for calling someone racist.

If you have to turn something around that many times to make sense of it, chances are it's BS.

That being said, if the hood fits..

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Look at a Trump gathering for the demographics. It's not stereotyping it a reality. How does it feel being a blind moron?

www.forbes.com...

Donald Trump outperformed Mitt Romney’s 2012 campaign on minority vote share. [/ats]

www.usatoday.com... /93535292/

He outperformed Mitt Romney among black voters... I recall you being a Mitt guy, so was his base a bunch of white supremacists, too? Your position here in tenuous, dude.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I fail to see your point. You think I said no black people voted for Trump? That's foolish. Remember Obi Wan's words:

Look at the proportions to find the facts. Gallup has them here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join