It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism, for Falsely Accusing Someone of Racism..LMAO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't think this requires a long post. However, I would just like to point out the absolute hilarity of falsely accusing someone of being a racist.. for falsely accusing someone of being a racist..

I mean that is a level of hypocracy the is just soo blantant, it boggles the mind how often it happens..

Let's take a recent example of this..

The ESPN host Hill went on twitter and claimed that Trump was a white supremacists.

Which quickly led to many of the people who disagreed calling her a racist, for falsely accusing trump.

Assuming trump is not a white supremacists. That does not make hill a racist.. that makes her wrong!!!

Racism has a very specific definition that doesn't include "falsely accusing people of racism." Lol

The mental gymnastics required to falsely accuse some one of racism, for falsely accusing some one of racism is just Olympic level. Lol

(Added in edit)

Or is it really using the 2 wrongs make it right argument of a child??

"Well if she can falsely accuse some one of being a racist.. then so can I!!"

edit on 15-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's good old fashioned hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I know Im not racist because I still use the black background on ATS when I could easily use the white one.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'll post the same response I did in the other thread.

"I disagree, as I stated the gold standard is just that; Play the race card out of irreverent ignorance or maliciousness is being racist. Using a people's situation and history for your gains, is patronizing dismissive and racist.

I dont see that as falsely accusing on my part. "

Yeah, if you are just using race cards to win arguments, youre belittling the real issues with racism.

Hypocrisy, or maybe you cant see the forest for the trees?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Using a people's situation and history for your gains, is patronizing dismissive and racist.

I wouldn't say taking advantage for gain is necessarily racist, but it is worse than just racism, IMO.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, considering the notion that Trump is a racist is likely based off of zero personal knowledge... based off of a presumption that because he's white, he's racist....

So, yeah. She's being racist.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I can see that, but its my opinion that using a historical trend of victimization("race card") as a weapon -especially if you arent from said victimized group- is in itself racist.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The word "racist" has been so loosely thrown around it has lost all meaning and has become a convenient buzzword.

Real racism can only stem from the heart. Words don't mean $###.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The definition for racism is still the same as it was. Doing something to another person based on the belief that they are inferior or you are superior due to their race or yours. So no, accusing somebody of being racist is not in and of itself racist. Wildly ignorant, yes. But not racist. It's a cheap tactic to try and shut down a discussion before it goes anywhere.

But in the ever expanding political definition of racism, you may have a point.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

At best it makes her wrong. At worst it makes her a race baiting hate monger.

Who race baits? Do people who are non racist race bait and foment racial hate?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with this ESPN person - heck, I didn't even know ESPN had "news" or anything like that - I thought ESPN was a Sports Network (and as such, is blocked from my channel display).

Since when is sports programming a commentary on political goings on?

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Since when is sports programming a commentary on political goings on?

It's not, this was said on Twitter not SportsCenter.
edit on 9/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes but ahypocracy that is literally within the same sentence lol...

Take a Croatian accusing a Muslim of the Koran having violent texts..

Well that is hypocritical, but they didn't just recite all the Bible's violent texts in that same sentence lol..

I don't know how well I just explained that lol..

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes but ahypocracy that is literally within the same sentence lol...

Take a Croatian accusing a Muslim of the Koran having violent texts..

Well that is hypocritical, but they didn't just recite all the Bible's violent texts in that same sentence lol..

I don't know how well I just explained that lol..

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
The word "racist" has been so loosely thrown around it has lost all meaning and has become a convenient buzzword.

Real racism can only stem from the heart. Words don't mean $###.

Being a racist these days means not agreeing with someone politically.

What I find hilarious about all these butt hurt Trump Derange Syndrome victims is that at no point in the prior decades did any of them accuse or find Trump racist. It was only when he ran as a Republican did he all of a sudden become a racist.

If people want to disagree with his policies or even call him an egotistical buffoon, then fine. But anytime I hear someone calling Trump a racist, I immediately know we are dealing with a special kind of stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
She's a sexist too because Trump is a guy.

That woman needs to check her female privilege.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Are we still on this?

As long as we keep the conversation alive for idiots, they'll see it as relevant and continue their righteous efforts to project their "ideas".

All because some assclowns had a jackass convention.

Millions of Americans are displaced, homeless, without food and water, and this still dominates conversations among "adults".

Get over it dude, we live along side idiots. If you want to chime into their conversations... We are a reflection of our company.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It makes her an ignorant jackass trying to continue the divide of hate through inflammatory comments while using her "celebrity" status to spread it far and wide.

These people (celebrities/talking heads) know that far too many individuals subscribe to the appeal-to-celebrity logical fallacy, so they're hoping that they can mold people's beliefs to conform to their own.

She knows what she's doing, and I would almost rather she be a racist (I'm not convinced that she's not) than use her celebrity platform to spew unfounded garbage into the wild to let it run rampant.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Except that is nothing resembling the definition of racism..

Racism: the belief that one or more race is superior or inferior to one or more races..

Playing the race card in no way matches that definition.. not in ANY dictionary..

You actually said what it is..

Ignorance..

Making a false claim makes you ignorant or a liar...

It does not mean you believe your race is superiour to other races..

That is what is called a logical fallacy.. one that would get someone laughed out of a high school debate..

Basiclly you just said "nuh uh.. I want it to mean racism.. so it means racism.."

Lol.. just lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's an affront to logic to think that, just because we are discussing this rather unimportant issue, we are ignoring other more important issues in the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join