It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krump, never thought I'd post something like this (krump is my personal word for crap)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Do y'all ever hear a series of clicks on the phone? I always assumed it was my protable phone I have at home. However, today I was talking to my doc about my hand because it suddenly started to get uber painful, and I was hearing the same clicks on my cell. I'm not worried about being nailed for what I talk about on the phone. I use a lot of nasty keywords the NSA would be interested in on the phone, like talking to friends about how stupid it would be for the terrorists to assassinate Bush, or Ashcroft. Other things along those lines, we talk about issues the NAS would want to know about, but the futility of them since it would cause a major upheval/retaliation.

Recently, though, I've been noticing these clicking sounds. Today is the first day I heard them on my cell, and they were the exact same sound as my land line makes. What the heck, that's wierd. I'm not worried that anything bad is going to happen; in my case, worst case scenario, my calls are transfered to a real person who listens to them and sees that I'm no threat to this nation, but rather supporting many of its actions. However, my aversion to Ashcroft and the patriot act says this could be a problem.

Something I haven't been hiding, I had hoped Ashcroft would die of natural causes. If he was killed, America would be over. Now that he's stepping down, I'm thrilled. He authored the patriot act and as Ben Franklin said, someone willing to sacrifice their freedom in the name of safty deserves neither. I believe that. Freedom is expensive.

So anyone else here hear these clicks? I've been asked by telemarketers if that was them or me. I tell em it was me, my phone does that. However, since it happened with my cell today, I started to wonder...

[edit on 2-10-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I get an odd crackling and russling for like 5seconds, then a click and it is fine again. Get it almost every phonecall I ever make, land or cell:

'Echelon is perhaps the most powerful intelligence gathering organization in the world. Several credible reports suggest that this global electronic communications surveillance system presents an extreme threat to the privacy of people all over the world. According to these reports, ECHELON attempts to capture staggering volumes of satellite, microwave, cellular and fiber-optic traffic, including communications to and from North America. This vast quantity of voice and data communications are then processed through sophisticated filtering technologies.

This massive surveillance system apparently operates with little oversight. Moreover, the agencies that purportedly run ECHELON have provided few details as to the legal guidelines for the project. Because of this, there is no way of knowing if ECHELON is being used illegally to spy on private citizens. '
Echelon Watch

I also live near one of their larger centers for listening posts, in Europe. So, it's understandable. (Although, I have nothing to hide all they get to listen to is dodgy phone calls between me and my girlfriend...lucky computer.)

But, it probably 'happens' to a lot of people on any forum like this. If you challenge governments, you're a target for them - just encase.

join