It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cassini spacecraft just crashed into Saturn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

That's amazing!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
some speculate that Cassini carried a neutron bomb to turn Saturn into a star.
The progress will eradicate all surface dwellers of earth, and make a new start for the rich in their bunkers.
is it more bright outside today then normal, or is it just me.

Anyway.. I hope they will share pictures of the final descent.

Some speculate that Cassini is actually Katy Perry, whoopsies I got my conspiracy theories mixed up.

I'd like to go out like Cassini, a fireball that dedicated twenty years of it's life to science.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Saturn theory by Velikovsky? Talbott? Electric universe? Saturn was once our sun?

Neither the time nor the place? My apologies.

Still searching

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Their insurance premiums are gonna go up now for sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I deeply envy the future people who will get to see those first hand. That's really the only reason I'd like to be immortal...to eventually get to go Out There.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

To be immortal, to never die and to never tire, hunger or thirst, eventually the universe would become your house, the importance of thing's would vanish as all but yourself would be transitory.
Even shelter would lost it's value, one day you would just stand and think, the mountains' would rise and fall around you, moss grow on your shoulder and bird's nest in your hair but then you would come to a realization that you were never really alone after all and would start to move again.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The progress will eradicate all surface dwellers of earth, and make a new start for the rich in their bunkers.

thats the first thing i thought of too... Project Lucifer. Supposedly they put in way more plutonium or whatever for the power supply on that thing, and the reason was to make sure it could ignite the second sun. some scientist came up with an estimate, and they used 4 times his estimate just to make sure, is the story I remember.

well, it could take a few days, or weeks, for it to be noticeable...maybe...

also this is a mandella effect... i thought it already crashed into saturn as part of the mission to collect atmospheric data up until the last minute.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Over at JPL/NASA site they have Cassini's Final Image.

They turned the antenna towards the earth and sent data up until the last second. The photo is black and white of the night side of Saturn. The rings actually reflect sunlight on the back side kind of like the moon reflects sun light. Cassini actually took a photo of where it was going to crash!

There are so many photos to see that are just amazing!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
also this is a mandella effect... i thought it already crashed into saturn as part of the mission to collect atmospheric data up until the last minute.

You might be thinking about the Galileo probe, which was a similar type mission to Jupiter.

in 2003, Galileo was de-orbited into Jupiter for the same reason that Cassini was de-orbited into Saturn today -- and that was to prevent potential forward contamination of the Moons of Jupiter in order to keep them pristine for future missions that might search for life there.

NASA's Galileo ends 14-year mission

Galileo spacecraft crashes into Jupiter

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

To add to my post above (in reply to your post I quoted above), another reason you might be confusing the Jupiter Galileo probe with the Saturn Cassini probe is that Galileo, too, (just like Cassini) had a conspiracy theory swirling around it that they crash Galileo into Jupiter in order to ignite Jupiter into becoming a star.

Nuclear Reaction When Galileo Spacecraft Impacts Into Jupiter In September 2003 Unlikely But Possible

HAS ILLUMINATI CHANGED THE DATE THEY PLAN TO IGNITE JUPITER?

So all of the similarities between the Cassini Mission and Galileo Mission is what I think is probably causing your Mandela Effect moment. This all sounds like it happened before, because much of it did (including the same conspiracy theories), but just with another spacecraft.

edit on 2017/9/15 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sounds fake to me

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

thats the first thing i thought of too... Project Lucifer. Supposedly they put in way more plutonium or whatever for the power supply on that thing, and the reason was to make sure it could ignite the second sun. some scientist came up with an estimate, and they used 4 times his estimate just to make sure, is the story I remember.

well, it could take a few days, or weeks, for it to be noticeable...maybe...

No. Sorry, not even remotely conceivable. The spacecraft was far too small to even come close to causing a blip on the face of Saturn. The planet is too large. As for igniting it as a second sun.... you'd have more chance of success with Jupiter. As in, 0%.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: introvert

They are thought to be a short lived phenomena and if so then there may have been time's in our solar systems past when Jupiter had ring's too and there may even come a time when either of these planet's does again.

I hate doing this - forgive me - but my brain is like a dog with a bone sometimes and can't let things go.

Jupiter still has rings! Super faint but they are still there! All 4 gas giants have rings!

Sorry, I'll move on!

Jupiter Rings

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Spot on it does, they are invisible from the earth, or were I don't know the state of some of the newer optical instrument's and have not kept abreast of that but I think it was the orbital telescope that first detected them, maybe I am wrong and it was one of the fly past's but yes it does have ring's, they are extremely thin compared to Saturn's though but just maybe long ago they would have rivaled what Saturn has today.

And no apologies about that, I actually knew I had made that mistake after I typed it but I failed to correct it, nice to see you do so actually and spot on fact.

Right I was wrong not earth based optical's but the Voyager fly past in 1979.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Tonight on Saturn News Network, weather balloon crashes in Boswell.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thats a-ok. I'm not an expert in any of the sciences, but the odd tidbit sticks to my brain from time to time.

I remembered because my son (he's 8) is very interested in space, and he himself told me last year that there were rings on Jupiter. I had a vague flashback to the dusty mid-70s encyclopedias I was erroneously using in hindsight for a school project 20 years ago and could not recall Jupiter had rings. So we played off on each other back and forth Yes it has rings No it doesn't, which we still continue to do for the status of Pluto as a planet.

But just to double check I consulted the knowledge-base that is the Internet, a much updated version of that encyclopedia and indeed he was correct. Where he gets all his information from is a bit of a mystery. Although, he is very obsessed with the Voyager program - we recently watched a 2 episode special on it for the 40th anniversary. Years ago he would say he loves me to the moon and back - now it's Voyager 1 and back!

Anyways - that's just my tidbit. Little things that help me remember facts.

Edit:

I just told my son I wrote this reply - he perked up and responded (bear with him, he has speech issues)

"One machine can make all the difference! Logic is real. It can also be real hard."

He going places, that boy.
edit on 20-9-2017 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good job, now the Saturnlings are casting earthquakes to Earth....

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Children are extremely intelligent, far more than we adult's ever realize, more brain cell's, faster processing and better memory, for them also because there neuron's are firing so fast a day can be a very long time, remember when you were small and it seemed like the day's went on and on and on.
He sound's like a really wonderful young man and you should be very proud, I would be indeed reading that I can't help but smile.

edit on 20-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Turn Saturn into a star really, why not Jupiter its larger and closer so lets just say that theory is the usual BS that crazies come up with.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: Spacespider

Turn Saturn into a star really, why not Jupiter its larger and closer so lets just say that theory is the usual BS that crazies come up with.

Conspiracy theorists DID say the same thing about Jupiter in 2003 when NASA's Galileo Probe studying Jupiter (in some way a space probe and a mission that were very similar to the Cassini Mission to Saturn) was intentionally "crashed" into Jupiter -- for the same reason that Cassini was crashed into Saturn (and that reason in both cases was to prevent forward contamination, not to create a star).

See my posts above:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2017/9/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join