It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking now. Explosion on Underground train Parsons green

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It's being called a terrorist attack by the BBC and the London mayor

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has appealed for calm following the Parsons Green terror incident, saying London "will never be intimidated or defeated by terrorism".

Telegraph
edit on 15-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

Declared a terrorist attack by Scotland Yard and being investigated by counter terrorism
edit on 15-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Looks like a failed IED, the bucket is probably full of glass and nails.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

Coincidentally with a gas canister in a plastic bucket wrapped in a lidl bag....

Whatever the case is there will be plenty of fingerprints and dna in that bucket for the experts

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well there is one picture I`ve seen of a guy with a burnt head and singed hair, not very serious but must have been a fire ball at some stage.

Down the page for the pic in the short video..
www.perthnow.com.au...

edit on 15-9-2017 by gps777 because: fix linky

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Looks like a failed IED, the bucket is probably full of glass and nails.

I agree. Some very lucky people on that train today...If that gas blows this would be a whole different story

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Coincidentally with a gas canister in a plastic bucket wrapped in a lidl bag....

Whatever the case is there will be plenty of fingerprints and dna in that bucket for the experts

If you use gas powered soldering iron then you usually keep canister of gas nearby ... I do it ...

IMHO if this was planned as IED, some kids, or really dumb dumb people who are not able to follow available inet instructions, did it.
edit on 15-9-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Right now anything is possible but using a plastic bucket is not going to cause that much damage.

some pipe bombs are made out of PVC, you know plastic pipe. depends on how and what is packed in the container when it goes boom, on how much how damage and destruction it will cause.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Huge difference between a thin plastic bucket and thick PVC pipe.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Do you often leave it behind in a crowded tube carriage then not coming forward to say 'ummm my bad it was my stuff and it was an accident sorry'.

I wont argue with you, like I said before WHATEVER the case is it shouldnt take long for the experts to figure it out.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Yes, it is possible to do effective shrapnel from PVC tube. If I would do a small bomb I would use small fire extinguisher canister - not a weak plastic bucket which is not able to hold initial compression leading to spectacular effects ...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

yes there is, but it's not the container that makes the bomb. it's the contents and the reaction of said contents when ignited.

in my old shop, we use to get copper wire in plastic buckets, that weighed 100 lbs or more and were as solid as a rock. if filled with that much explosive and ball bearings, nails, or what have you a lot of damage could and would be done.
some chemicals don't weigh that much and have a violent reaction when combined.

as i said it's not the container it's the contents, so long as the container can hold it it doesn't matter.
edit on 15-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

May be he is sans papiers? May be he is afraid to loose a job? In critical situation lot of people act irrationally.

I'm not saying it was not terrorist act. I'm just saying this could perfectly happen as coincidence.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Has it been confirmed that the bucket was in fact what caused the explosion or are folks just assuming it to be so?

Could the bag not have contained something flammable that was partially ignited by another blast and just happened to be burning a bit and conclusions are bieng jumped to?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

not a weak plastic bucket which is not able to hold initial compression leading to spectacular effects ...

think that should be more than enough, now are some weaker or stronger, i would say yes. and i'm sure in terrorist bomb making 101 they reach them how to tell.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

It is a TERRORIST INCIDENT. That has been confirmed. It caused a stampede and upset a lot of people. Brought chaos as the underground is chaos even when it's a usual day.

At least nobody got killed. The media said it was an IED and it only blew up partly. So it was meant to maim and kill.

The way to make people understand is not by terrorizing them. It is by reasoning with them. It is by demonstration and using drama. If you are clever you can get people to listen; if you have a REAL cause people WILL listen. All this terror only makes people go deaf to you. It will make them hate you and want to get you back. It will make the life you are living and the life your family and friends live in the countries they have settled in very difficult and miserable because people will not trust you. Bad vibe all round really. Nobody wins.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Although likely are you not presuming this is an Islamic fundamentalist terror attack?

Not saying it is not but lets wait and see what is said maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Although likely are you not presuming this is an Islamic fundamentalist terror attack?

Of course it is - why do people pussy foot around the reality of what is happening.

How on earth can we possibly prevail if we're too frightened to even call it what it is "in case some of our words offend someone".

These people are fruitcakes - they will not stop.

Lighting candles and politicians talking bollocks about solidarity and love overcoming hate is nonsense.

The less we do to tackle them hard, the more they'll keep on doing worse and worse things to us.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Dodged the bullet today didn't we?
Glad it was a fizzle and no one got killed. Maybe the cops etc have the competent bomb makers under guard now? Sure been a lot of arrests this year for terror related stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I'm talking about initial compression of gases generated by explosion INSIDE bucket ... lid of the bucket would be punched out before force needed to tear apart body of bucket would be generated. So if you ever want to do IED with paint bucket, at least use lot of wires (iron, stainless steel, not copper) to keep lid in place as long (nanoseconds) as possible by some external reinforcement - wires will then work as shrapnel. And no, LIDL cool bag will not do this service.

I'm not sure, if I'm not in violence of T&C here ...

BTW I'm not Pole living in UK while my pure English may suggest so ...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: nonspecific

Of course it is - why do people pussy foot around the reality of what is happening.

How on earth can we possibly prevail if we're too frightened to even call it what it is "in case some of our words offend someone".

These people are fruitcakes - they will not stop.

Lighting candles and politicians talking bollocks about solidarity and love overcoming hate is nonsense.

The less we do to tackle them hard, the more they'll keep on doing worse and worse things to us.

Although it is likley how are you so sure it is?

Or do you just want it to be so bad it is clouding your ability to think rationally?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join