It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis Shop Employee Kidnapped at Gunpoint in Eastern WA still missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A recreational marijuana shop in Cheney Washington had one of its employees kidnapped after refusing to sell to two people who could not produce valid ids.

The story as I've heard so far is that Donovan Culps and his niece went into Lucid, a small recreational pot shop, and attempted to buy marijuana. When they couldn't provide i.d. they were turned away, Donovan then went outside and fired shots from a handgun before carjacking and kidnaping Cameron Smith, a lucid employee that was sitting in his car on break. Smiths acura SUV was found a couple days later in neighboring Airway Heights.

Donovan was captured today after a short car chase ending in a collision. So far there have been no signs of Smith, which doesn't look good.

Local news coverage

I have been into this shop on multiple occasions and met Cameron Smith, he was always very friendly and helpful, it's horrible to think of what may have happened to him.

My wife told me today that rumors are circulating Facebook that Donovan posted somewhere on social media that he had no accomplices and that his niece was not complacent in his actions, and also in reference to Smith that "he's gone now, ain't no coming back". Although I have not been able to find and news report confirming this so take it with a grain of salt.

Sad to see all this happen for no reason, and I hope this lowlife spends the rest of his days in captivity.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Donovan Culps and his niece

That right there sets off alarm bells....

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very sad, thanks for the update, last I had seen they figured the suspect was headed to Yakima. Goldendale, I figure then he was headed for Oregon, or at least hiding out int he wood of the surrounding areas. I hope the victim is found soon enough, problem of course being all the forest areas he could have been dumped in, time is crucial if he is injured and still alive.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thoughts are with those affected.
I just hope this doesn't devolve into a "recreational pot=anarchy and bad stuff like this".
Worked the liquor trade for most of my adult years. Held up at gunpoint on more than one occasion.
I still believe the social effects of cannabis are nowhere Near the scale of alcohol, it's not even the same sport.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Yes and meanwhile about 100 liquor stores were robbed clerks shot and killed,if you were in law enforcement,this is a everyday occurance,poor comparison

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Yes and meanwhile about 100 liquor stores were robbed clerks shot and killed,if you were in law enforcement,this is a everyday occurance,poor comparison

Yes and meanwhile this thread isnt about an armed robbery, its about a car jacking, kidnapping and potential murder.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Wait ...what? What comparison did I make?

I never even mentioned alcohol.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
We sure this was just about not selling to two jackasses without IDs? That's a pretty huge escalation for not getting what you want. Especially considering the guy was on a break.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Similar thoughts crossed my mind as well, because the marijuana industry is mostly a cash business I thought maybe they had taken this guy to get information out of him. Possibly to try to find out where the business held its cash on-site so that they could return later for a quick robbery.

These days the thoughtless violence and stupidity of criminals shouldn't surprise me anymore, I just don't understand what they did this all for, you'd think it would be for more than just not getting some bud but who knows.

Did you have a theory about their possible motives?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Out hear every shop has a armed guard im surprised that's not the norm for a cash only business

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Out hear every shop has a armed guard im surprised that's not the norm for a cash only business

It will be one day. Marijuana behind vault doors like a bank.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
We sure this was just about not selling to two jackasses without IDs? That's a pretty huge escalation for not getting what you want. Especially considering the guy was on a break.

Not really for some humans.

Not unusual for beer, smokes, girl, car, money - the list goes on.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

No man, look at the quote list. He's not replying to you, but to the other guy who responded to you.

No doubt this will end up being seen as "Pot heads are dangerous, legislation is bad mmmmkay" by some.

If they do, then we must rethink banks, chemists, bottleshops, walmart, mcdonalds, etc.. because who has never heard of someone enraged at being refused service at any of them.

I hope he's found safe. seems a tad strange though, unless they smoked him.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

No man, look at the quote list. He's not replying to you, but to the other guy who responded to you.

No doubt this will end up being seen as "Pot heads are dangerous, legislation is bad mmmmkay" by some.

If they do, then we must rethink banks, chemists, bottleshops, walmart, mcdonalds, etc.. because who has never heard of someone enraged at being refused service at any of them.

I hope he's found safe. seems a tad strange though, unless they smoked him.

Yes I agree with you the anti weed gang will try and jump on this. But of course the banks booze shops ect will have to change also, if they change the law for weed shops.
edit on 15-9-2017 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Cameron Smith was found dead. RIP and regards to fellow employees friends and family.

Officials said the body of Cameron Smith was found by Spokane County Rescue somewhere near Cheney Friday around 3:00 p.m.

Police have previously named 18-year-old Violetta Culps, Donavon’s niece, as another suspect in the case. Violetta Culps has not been located at this time.

Source
In hopes to she is quickly found and arrested. Not seeing any alerts warning about her being a dangerous suspect in the area however.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Another senseless killing. Sadly, I am no longer surprised by these type of incidents.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thanks for updating the thread, I found this out a couple hours ago but didn't have a chance to update yet.

Another soul lost to senseless violence at the hands of a vile human. Personally I don't see the need for a trial in these cases, one bullet and leave him rotting in the sun.

new topics

top topics

join