It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives that dare to speak in liberal areas are agitators

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

On September 14, 2017, Shapiro gave a speech at the invitation by the UC (Berkeley) student organization Berkeley College Republicans where he criticized those who use violence to suppress contrary views (whom he characterized as fascistic) and criticized "identity politics".[42][43] Together, the University and the city of Berkeley spent $600,000 on extraordinary policing and security and policing for the event, which transpired without major incident.[44][45]

en.wikipedia.org...

You bored?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Nope.

You?

Yes what you posted proves the insanity of over a half a million dollars being spent just so a conserctive can speak because of threats and past violence.

It does not address those on ats and elsewhere that labeled Shapiro and other conservative speakers on liberal campuses as agitators.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Here's my question. Why would a conservative like Ben Shapiro even want to speak at Berkley? It's tantamount to Rabbi Khan wanting to make a speech to a Nazi Party Meeting at Nurenberg. It is utterly pointless. He couldn't possibly change any minds and even if he did, no one would voice any support for fear of being hung as a traitor.

Total waste of time IMHO.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes what you posted proves the insanity of over a half a million dollars being spent just so a conserctive can speak because of threats and past violence.

He's perfectly within his rights to be a scared little snowflake. He could have catched an egg or two, it's probably better for the suit to waste half a million on security.

Threats? You just made that up, right?
edit on 15-9-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Here's my question. Why would a conservative like Ben Shapiro even want to speak at Berkley? It's tantamount to Rabbi Khan wanting to make a speech to a Nazi Party Meeting at Nurenberg. It is utterly pointless. He couldn't possibly change any minds and even if he did, no one would voice any support for fear of being hung as a traitor.

Why would civil rights leaders want to have sit ins at establishments that didn't want them?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

He's perfectly within his rights to be a scared little snowflake. He could have catched an egg or two, it's probably better for the suit to waste half a million on security.

Threats? You just made that up, right?

Hahahaa!

Guess you missed the Berkeley riots when Milo was there and hundreds of thousands of dollars of damage occurred and right wing people were beaten.

But you are right, conservatives need to just be willing to get beaten or they are snowflakes.

What a joke you are.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yep. Shapiro isn't even an instigator. People like milo get famous for being a heal and really have nothing to say but controversial things to make themselves money. It's like free speech propaganda. But Shapiro is a thoughtful debator.

I think he still uses identity politics even though he rails against some of the more silly versions but he is thoughtful and can't understand why debating or letting him speak is an issue at all.

Milo wanting to fiddle under age kids well I can see where shock jock stuff can be disruptive though still free speech,.. I don't get it in Ben's case at all.
edit on 15-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Milo = conservatives?

Autsch. That's funny in a very funny way.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Milo is essential a WWE bad guy. Just useless propaganda. Would love to see him sit down with Sam Harris and be torn apart.

Dude is a troll.

Would be very easy to counter with debate if the left wasn't foaming at the mouth and reacting to every trolling device he uses.
edit on 15-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm still waiting for antifa to show up though. $600K of hot air, I don't get your point.

What exactly happened?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Milo = conservatives?

Autsch. That's funny in a very funny way.

What does this have to do with anything?

Was it Milo that was beaten? Or was it right wing people that wanted to hear him speak?

But we know, those people were just snowflakes that should accept being beaten for their political beliefs.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And what has that to do with anything? Have a cookie and chill out, there's milk as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

My point?...guy needs body guards to just speak about conservative opinions. Most of which are pretty libertarian. Others come from his religious tendency. Nothing scary or unusual.

SHAPIRO: I Will Never Vote For Donald Trump. Here's Why.
www.dailywire.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Did you ever consider he was invited by some Conservatives who attended Berkeley? Perhaps he supports free speech enough to go regardless of the danger? Do Conservative in college NOT deserve the same freedom of expression and speech as those of the Progressive/Marxists?

Here is the issue. Antifa, has been given free range in Berkeley to shut down free speech thru violence. If the Mayor of Berkeley hand not neutered the police from doing their jobs in the first place, non of this violence would be happening today, because these ass hats would have been arrested! Instead, they were given a platform to continue their violence unchecked.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

guy needs body guards

Poor chap. So? Any threats, eggs, tomatoes or something?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And what has that to do with anything? Have a cookie and chill out, there's milk as well.

No thanks I am watching my sugar.

Now carry on calling people snowflakes because the school needed 600 thousand dollars worth of security because of the past violent leftists rioters.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well it's not just conservatives. There are also liberals who spoke out against SJWs that were shunned by them.

I have one liberal professor tell me that he will lose his job if he speaks out against the Liberal Coastal Elite and he is not even the conspiracy type and hates Trump.

I'm sorry, did you say that you have one liberal professor tell me that he will lose his job if he speaks out against the Liberal Coastal Elite and he is not even the conspiracy type and hates Trump.

That's really interesting.

I think it might be that you have have one liberal professor tell me that he will lose his job if he speaks out against the Liberal Coastal Elite and he is not even the conspiracy type and hates Trump.

Although, I'm sure I recently read about someone ELSE who had one liberal professor tell me that he will lose his job if he speaks out against the Liberal Coastal Elite and he is not even the conspiracy type and hates Trump.

Although maybe it was just you that had one liberal professor tell me that he will lose his job if he speaks out against the Liberal Coastal Elite and he is not even the conspiracy type and hates Trump.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yep. Plenty. And weak minded people who can't form inteligent arguments to debate his views.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Here is the issue. Antifa, has been given free range in Berkeley to shut down free speech thru violence.

And there goes the 12 year old off to his hyperbole. How did they do that with a speech but no incidences? In which universe are you folks exactly?

Good thing is, that you guys have guns. Otherwise we'd probably never see Americans wearing dry pants...
edit on 15-9-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join