It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Goonies' star Martha Plimpton says she had her 'best abortion' in Seattle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

I never said anything about rape or a potential death of the mother.
However I do believe we'd have less, very little rape if we had social standards as a nation regarding the perpetrators of that crime.
But then we'd have some snowflake saying Jesus said, "Thou shalt not kill"! And then some "special news documentary" on how the perpetrator is "sorry".
Your "woman's" healthcare is already a Doctors prerogative and should be her and her doctors business. The sad incident does not need to be in the "news". It's a healthcare issue which is a private affair.
Your "rape" issue, is also a private tragedy and a private affair, doctor and her. And again there would be no need to "advertise" the ordeal. No reason to.

But this ain't about getting raped or being on the verge of death. This is about willingly creating a life, meaning to or not, then snuffing it because, "l can't do this right now".
Rape and moms death, is a totally different ordeal. This? This is just borderline irresponsible! Willing to play but not get bruised! By her account, that was the "BEST ONE". Really? Didn't learn the first time? Which I'd have hoped she learned from. But then, "advertised" a next go round!
People always want to use the, but what if..rape, "moms going to die", what about virgin berths?!!?? Issues. But none of them ever apply to the actual story they're trying to defend.
Dealing with something that's not your fault and dealing with something you could've absolutely prevented. ARE NOT THE SAME THING!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I did not take it as such.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

So, speaking generally, in your mind, it's understandable to "murder a child" if it is the result of rape or incest?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Good, you got it! Now get the plank out of your eye! So you can help remove splinters. And stop enabling the weak.

He wasn't "judging" them. He was giving a "commandment". "First (do this), remove the beam/plank from your eye...Then, move out and execute!
Everybody's got problems. So they should just shut up and set quietly. Hell! Why even vote? Jesus didn't vote! I get it. Perhaps abortion chick should do the same? And not spread her doctrine? I'd be good with that.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: intrepid

Good, you got it! Now get the plank out of your eye! So you can help remove splinters. And stop enabling the weak.

He wasn't "judging" them. He was giving a "commandment". "First (do this), remove the beam/plank from your eye...Then, move out and execute!
Everybody's got problems. So they should just shut up and set quietly. Hell! Why even vote? Jesus didn't vote! I get it. Perhaps abortion chick should do the same? And not spread her doctrine? I'd be good with that.

I'm sure you know that in Torah and Talmudic scholarship, the baby isn't considered a "living soul" until it is born and draws its first breath, right? Further, that the judgement of rabbis for ages has been that the fetus's life is secondary to the mother's.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I didn't say that. But, you want to use my words? Okay, I'll raise you. ..."Murder a child"?... So I'll ask you, In defense of what? The LIFE of the mother? That's a hard decision, a life for a life? Killing is not always murder. (To want to live is a natural instinct). I basically said under that circumstance, that's a personal choice.. I can not judge it was the wrong decision. Just like you can't "judge" it was the right decision. "Judging" does go both ways.

Rape is another story. Rape is not death. I couldn't even imagine that kind of living hell on earth. But did you know men/boys get raped also! Not just by men but by women too. I think this problem would resolve itself with a few "news worthy public hangings". You do this? This is what happens when we catch you!
That said, the word "rape" gets thrown around a lot. If they lived through it?There should be some of the perpetrators skin under the fingernails or at least some of the perps throat meat in their teeth!

I know, your next question will be, "But what about the children!"?!??!! I'll save you some time. What the F were they doing not watching their children?

Back to the topic. Why's this "news"? She wasn't raped. She wasn't giving her life for her baby or making the hard decision to die or live!
Why are you even comparing this goonie female to a victim?
By her own statement, she has failed society before. "The best ever"! What's your dog in this fight?
I'm not the one with problems.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

You've already established that it's okay to "kill babies" sometimes and not others based on your own opinion.

Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That said, the word "rape" gets thrown around a lot. If they lived through it?There should be some of the perpetrators skin under the fingernails or at least some of the perps throat meat in their teeth!

wow... you've obviously never been assaulted.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If that makes you feel better to draw that conclusion. I don't think it took me, to convince you, but I'll play along.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

If that makes you feel better to draw that conclusion. I don't think it took me, to convince you, but I'll play along.

On the contrary, I don't think it's right to kill babies. To me, abortion is not killing babies.

For pro-lifers, all abortion is murder, and I find that being able to justify some murders and not others is inherently disturbing.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I'm to gather, you speak from experience? There's victim and then assaulted. Which card are we playing?
I've been assaulted more than ounce. But I've never been a victim, or a victim of assault. I did victimize my assailants a couple times, .. But enough about me! Tell me your sob story and why you lived to tell about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You're "disturbed"? How's that more disturbing than abortion? You're apparently okay with abortion, to you it's not "killing"... But a killing is inherently disturbing? I wish you folks would figure out something, to stand for.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I do not see unborn in the same way as a baby, regardless of what biology may say, I dont see it that way and I have no issues whatsoever with abortion. I have raised my two children, love them to bits, never once considered terminating them, both were planned anyway.

I have seen friends lose their children to cancer and it break them, awful to see such a happy, funny guy become a sad recluse. I have friends unable to have children and friends who have autistic children.

I am not a psychopath, I think child and non child abuse, violence and murder is abhorrent, I pretty much respect most if not all laws, they sit pretty well within my moral spectrum.

I have no issue with abortion whatsoever.

Some people just cannot mind their own business, pushing their thoughts and morals onto other people and judging them and getting involved in their lives.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
"This baby is an 'inconvenience' to me, think I'll have it killed. Give me awards and trophies now, ya'll. Please PRAISE my choice to terminate my child."

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

I'm to gather, you speak from experience? There's victim and then assaulted. Which card are we playing?
I've been assaulted more than ounce. But I've never been a victim, or a victim of assault. I did victimize my assailants a couple times, .. But enough about me! Tell me your sob story and why you lived to tell about it.

cute that you think you have a right to know stuff like that. opposite of cute that you think unless someone fights back it's not 'real' rape.

i'd say more but i'm generally of the opinion there's no use educating people like you, so feel free to go # yourself.

just remember to fight if you want to be believed...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: Grambler
And we have every right to call her celebration of and flippancy of this difficult decision disgusting.

Sure you do. I just disagree and say that a) maybe it wasn't a difficult decision, as we're only assuming it was/wasn't based on her attitude, which may or may not be masking true regret and b) I'm not a precious snowflake who thinks an unborn, non-human collection of cells is sacred and sacrosanct.

By all means, be riled up and upset and think whatever you will of her, but what good will it do? What will your 'being offended' change? Nothing. (shrug)

On the contrary, it will change plenty. I understand that plenty of people have been shamed into supporting pro-choice, whatever that has become. By reading the plenty who supports the baby's right to live, they will not be quite as easily swayed.

I was a victim of such a ploy to shame me into thinking that not supporting abortion means that I hate women. I am thankful that so many people openly talk about not supporting abortion either and their many reasons. Now I am comfortable with what I believe in and I do not support abortion, even more, I do not support flippant abortion.

So basically what all the people are doing in this thread, they are not just thinking, they are sharing.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You're "disturbed"? How's that more disturbing than abortion? You're apparently okay with abortion, to you it's not "killing"... But a killing is inherently disturbing? I wish you folks would figure out something, to stand for.

To me, legal abortion is not killing. To you, as long as your conditions are met ... it's okay to muder a baby.

Let the full psychosis of that overwhelm you.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think that this is relevant to the topic at hand

edit on 17-9-2017 by ThinkingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingMe

I really don't want religion being turned into law and furthermore, I don't want religion turned into health care.
This kind of stuff is a personal thing, which means the state leaves it up to you.
So your religious principles needn't be compromised.

You wouldn't want the government to make you wear a hijab, ban dancing in public or declare blood transfusions illegal would you?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: ThinkingMe

I really don't want religion being turned into law and furthermore, I don't want religion turned into health care.
This kind of stuff is a personal thing, which means the state leaves it up to you.
So your religious principles needn't be compromised.

You wouldn't want the government to make you wear a hijab, ban dancing in public or declare blood transfusions illegal would you?

Hello SprocketUK, I am not entirely sure which of my above posts you are referring to. Since you mentioned religion, I assume you are referencing the video. Since those are not my words, I do not think I am suited to reply.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join