It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Goonies' star Martha Plimpton says she had her 'best abortion' in Seattle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I understand why they are doing it, to normalise the act in such a way as women who need one will not (and should not) feel the social stigma they currently do.

Speaking for myself, I am in the odd position of being anti abortion but pro choice.
I don't like the whole thing but understand completely that it's important for women to have access to safe abortion services (As well as general family planning and sexual health services).

I would hate to see society fall back into the sort of religion fuelled misogynistic sink hole it used to be but I don't want to hear all this stuff from famous people celebrating abortion. Its distasteful to me and I look forward to the day such public displays are deemed unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Gryphon66

If that is what IP is it's a major reason things are as pissy bad off as they are. It relies on supposition and not facts.

I agree in essence: any political beliefs which deny facts and evidence damage our society.

What I meant was that if one assume something about someone because of the way they vote it's detrimental to all. Not everything is pooched in one skin. See the post at the top of this page.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Her "best"? This has happened to her before? You'd figure she'd of learned to keep her knees together by now. How "progressive" of her. But in Seattle,... may as well been a barnyard.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Whatever happened to trusting the way you "feel? Ain't that the "progressive" way? What's wrong with "feeling" bad about or facing a "stigma", for not wanting to murder a baby? The problem is, people are "offered" an easy way out of the "little" problem they created. Funny how "progressive" and all the other liberal catchphrases...translate into barbarian behavior.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The ugly Goonie, who knocked her up?

But seriously, the same people who are pro choice for LGB marriage, freedom of speech are against a woman choosing and speaking.

You are hypocrites of the highest order.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: HassenBinSobar
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Remember kids, if she smokes, she pokes......

Don't get it

It rhymes

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

Whatever happened to trusting the way you "feel? Ain't that the "progressive" way? What's wrong with "feeling" bad about or facing a "stigma", for not wanting to murder a baby? The problem is, people are "offered" an easy way out of the "little" problem they created. Funny how "progressive" and all the other liberal catchphrases...translate into barbarian behavior.

The problem is, its other people deciding they have the right to make someone feel bad in that situation.
It results in people not doing what they should, having babies they don't want, going to illegal abortionists, dying.

It aint my job to pass judgement on a woman who seeks that kind of help and it aint anyone elses either.

Course, it was only Jesus who said about not judging people. but what the hell would he know about being a Christian, eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Very few people are "pro choice " on anything. Most sane people understand the deference between right and wrong and then, only seeing one "choice" on any issue, take a position. Could be the right one or wrong one. But LGB "marriage", women choosing and speaking, murdering their offspring..and yadda yadda, so forth. Is just a blatant attack on civilization and humanity. One doesn't even have to believe in a god or creator to understand that nature alone will correct itself.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Forensick

Very few people are "pro choice " on anything. Most sane people understand the deference between right and wrong and then, only seeing one "choice" on any issue, take a position. Could be the right one or wrong one. But LGB "marriage", women choosing and speaking, murdering their offspring..and yadda yadda, so forth. Is just a blatant attack on civilization and humanity. One doesn't even have to believe in a god or creator to understand that nature alone will correct itself.

You should call this "The Authoritarian Credo"

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have two kids, a boy aged 8 and girl aged 5. We didn't plan on these especially the first- Noah (these collections of cells have names now), but after we had him the feelings you have towards humanity and life in general change radically, very fast and profoundly.

Before kids I was of the mind to be flippant and think, yeah, ok, if we have an accident then we can hit delete, no problem, that's what's available so let's use it. I didn't want kids. My partmer didn't want kids.

As I sit here now with my son sleeping next to me, radiating warmth and life with his enormously bright future ahead of him, I regret the shallow trendy thoughts I had during the seconds after my partner whispered she was pregnant. If I'd/we'd flinched and said no, we're not doing it, I'm not ready, then it would have been my life, my partners life, my sons life and my future daughters life that we would have ruined; one of us not even conceived, one of us murdered, and two of us living the rest of our lives thinking why. But now we have Martha Plimpton to tell us we are ok, those decisions were ok.... because of what? Because we were # at putting condoms on, missing a pill one time?

Well the way I see and feel it is that our kids at the early stages, with all their potential and love, not knowing of their own existence - the same as they are now really - innocent, eager and only full of love for you... they are an echo of what is to come, the future can only exist with the past. If you rip their past away then you rip their future away. Try telling me that religion is bad when it says every human deserves to live. We're from the UK so we're not religious, none of our friends or family are religious... but we know life and experience in may ways every single day.

Bunch of #ing murderers.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Babies they don't want? Probably should've kept their knees together. Or paid attention in "sex ed". Wasn't giving "sex education" to grade school kids supposed to prevent this landslide?

What do you mean, "it ain't your job to pass judgment "? When would it be "your job" to protect civilization against all this Ignorant nonsense? You make "judgments" everyday. Probably don't realize that, but you do.
Jesus didn't say to "not judge". You have to read the next verse. It basically says, you'll be held to your own "standards". That doesn't mean to not, or to stop, speaking out against blatant wrongs.
If this girl had any humility or "righteous" belief or was even half a lady. She wouldn't have publicly advertised her shame. But she obviously has none. That's not "judgment" that's discernment.
Telling someone to not take the hard road is love. Not judgment.
Liberals should never use the bible or Jesus's words. Because they don't say what they think they say and don't mean what they think it means. Jesus wasn't giving any of us a free ride or excuse to not be good citizens, honorable and just.
You can't pick and choose Jesus stuff and use what you think fits your feet.
Doesn't work that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Does this one not say what it means either?

How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

biblehub.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

you live in a very sheltered world if you think abortion is only a form of birth control.

you think it's good to make a rape victim feel bad for terminating?
you feel it's correct that a woman who has to abort because going full term would kill her should be stigmatised?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Babies they don't want? Probably should've kept their knees together. Or paid attention in "sex ed". Wasn't giving "sex education" to grade school kids supposed to prevent this landslide?

What do you mean, "it ain't your job to pass judgment "? When would it be "your job" to protect civilization against all this Ignorant nonsense? You make "judgments" everyday. Probably don't realize that, but you do.
Jesus didn't say to "not judge". You have to read the next verse. It basically says, you'll be held to your own "standards". That doesn't mean to not, or to stop, speaking out against blatant wrongs.
If this girl had any humility or "righteous" belief or was even half a lady. She wouldn't have publicly advertised her shame. But she obviously has none. That's not "judgment" that's discernment.
Telling someone to not take the hard road is love. Not judgment.
Liberals should never use the bible or Jesus's words. Because they don't say what they think they say and don't mean what they think it means. Jesus wasn't giving any of us a free ride or excuse to not be good citizens, honorable and just.
You can't pick and choose Jesus stuff and use what you think fits your feet.
Doesn't work that way.

Well, mate, the real trouble with all of what you wrote is this.

You said she should have kept her legs closed, yet not one bloody word about the man who got her pregnant. That dead baby? Its his fault too, so maybe stop stigmatising women and start on blokes who don't take their responsibilities seriously.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

As I said, most people no the deference between right and wrong. Then some don't.
Used to be a thing called "public indecency" and "public conscience". But that is what this kind of story is about. Changing the standards.
Everyone's ideology could be considered "authoritarian". I could say the same of you just for saying that of me. Could be a vicious circle. Personally I believe this kind of "news" is pushed by the "authoritarians" just to undermine the standards.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well "mate", your absolutely right! Where was the father in the article? I wonder if it was mutually agreed upon or did she just say, "ain't none of his business"?
I see no "trouble" with what I said.
But dad didn't go out and "proclaim" to all the world, about his failure either, now did he?
Hard to take it seriously when ONLY the "female" of the species has the right to this kind of "healthcare". You're right, I wonder if dad had a "pro choice"... We'll never know well we "mate"?

Mate, "Blokes" don't get a lot of say in the matter nowadays. It's all part of that destroy "patriarchal society" nonsense.
Which is what the story is really about. Turning people into victims and not responsible men and women.
If you can't or refuse to notice that, that's on you.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Only the female risks death and permanent injury, only the female is the one left trying to hold everything together.

Like I said before, I don't like abortion one bit, but, if the price for making sure women get one when they need one is for me to feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes, then it's one worth paying.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It says what it means. But if your "brother" was about to get a beam in his I wouldn't you say something? Ounce the beam/plank is removed, it is game on! He's saying ounce you can see clearly, help your fellow man.
Your not using scriptures correctly. They weren't written to be used as an excuse for complacency or to be used against Christians as a "But what about, Jesus said...this". Jesus said a lot of things. But people only like to quote what they "feel" validates their opinions.
And ignore the parts that say, what that opinion should be.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

As I said, most people no the deference between right and wrong. Then some don't.
Used to be a thing called "public indecency" and "public conscience". But that is what this kind of story is about. Changing the standards.
Everyone's ideology could be considered "authoritarian". I could say the same of you just for saying that of me. Could be a vicious circle. Personally I believe this kind of "news" is pushed by the "authoritarians" just to undermine the standards.

Oh I heard you the first time.

You're espousing the great and long tradition of conservatism: authoritarianism.

It's just a fact ... not an insult.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It means, in western parlance, "Don't you be dissin dude when yooz gots problems yoozself."

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join