It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Goonies' star Martha Plimpton says she had her 'best abortion' in Seattle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Nope, I'm referring to hypocrites who want to cry when others are offended by words who then cry when they themselves are offended by words. Hypocrites.

There are people all over who would like to suppress the freedom of speech ... and some who want to hide their own political narrative under that aegis.

Not following you... It seems you are saying that if something offends you then you have no right to have narrative that may offend others....

I don't think that is right unless it is the exact offending topic, then you would be a hypocrite.

There are individuals who claim that others should not be hurt (damaged, upset, etc.) by the words that others use.

Those same individuals then display hurt (damage, upset, etc.) by the words that others use.

These individuals are hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You sound like a sociopath ma'am. Im assuming you have 0 children. It's common for people like you not to refer to the aborted child as a child. A glob of cells is easier to destroy I guess.
Silence of the Lambs? "It places the lotion in the basket, it does this whenever it's told".
I'm all for rape victims, incestual, or even a morning after pill. Bragging about it, and defending this A hole is embarrassing to the human race. Maybe just line all your type up to spay and neuter those globs of pesky reproductive cells. reply to: noonebutme

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

There are individuals who claim that others should not be hurt (damaged, upset, etc.) by the words that others use.

Those same individuals then display hurt (damage, upset, etc.) by the words that others use.

These individuals are hypocrites.

Can you give me an example in reference to the OPs post? I kind of understand were you are coming from, but your statement seems too generalized suggesting all encompassing.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Remember kids, if she smokes, she pokes......

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I feel exactly the same as you do.

I didn't have children with my wife until our late 30's, the doctors told us there was a much increased risk of our child having Down's Syndrome or birth defects.

We talked it over and decided no matter what medical issues were present, we would raise those children and love them more each and every day. Luckily, we had two beautiful, perfectly healthy children and have never looked back.

I am not against abortion if used for genuine reasons.

To make snippy jokes about multiple abortions and to use it as an extended form of birth control, does not sit well with me.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hallmark should make "Congrats on your first abortion!" greeting cards.

One less unwanted human in this world is definitely something positive to celebrate.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Who? She looks like George Plimpton in drag.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sure:

originally posted by: Metallicus

The fact that she can make such a flippant remark regarding abortion sickens me.

This woman is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I do to.
I don't agree with the delivery either. It's a serious matter that will effect most women in an emotional manner.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am personally relieved she brought no children into the world. I can only imagine what kind of parent they would have.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sure:

The fact that she can make such a flippant remark regarding abortion sickens me.

Is there anything that I could say to you that would sicken you and in doing so you might find me disgusting?

I don't see these two statement hypocritical...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sure:

Is there anything that I could say to you that would sicken you and in doing so you might find me disgusting?

Don't try to alter my argument: here it is again:

If one wants to cite others continually for reacting to the identity political language that is used (as above) I find it hypocritical when they go on and on about mere words based on their own identity politics.

The advocation of pedophilia is disgusting; I usually use the word "disgust" in a rhetorical way myself.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Sure:

If one wants to cite others continually for reacting to the identity political language that is used (as above) I find it hypocritical when they go on and on about mere words based on their own identity politics.

The advocation of pedophilia is disgusting; I usually use the word "disgust" in a rhetorical way myself.

I am not really disagree ing with you.

But I have to ask, how are opinions on abortion identity politics?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I think that is my problem too with his statement...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Sure:

I am not really disagree ing with you.

WTH is identity politics? That's a new one on me.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't think people are having less sex.

XBox Generation means less sex...sorry to say....

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Identity politics is one of those phrases that are used vaguely based on a given narrative.

When I say it, I mean simply what it means: political positions that are uniform based on one's identification with a group.

In the sense I'm using it here, I mean generically religious people, and specifically Pro-Lifers.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HassenBinSobar
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Remember kids, if she smokes, she pokes......

Don't get it

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If that is what IP is it's a major reason things are as pissy bad off as they are. It relies on supposition and not facts.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

If that is what IP is it's a major reason things are as pissy bad off as they are. It relies on supposition and not facts.

I agree in essence: any political beliefs which deny facts and evidence damage our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join