It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Goonies' star Martha Plimpton says she had her 'best abortion' in Seattle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
First, I am pro-choice even though I abhor abortion. Just because I don't personally agree with the beliefs of others doesn't mean I am willing to suppress their right to choose.

Now, here is my problem with this actress. Abortion SHOULD be a hard decision to make and one that at the very least is treated with some level of respect. I mean the future of a human life is being decided.

The fact that she can make such a flippant remark regarding abortion sickens me.

I know some here will probably think she is absolutely within her rights to say what she did and I would agree with you, however, this is NOT helping sway opinion in favor of her cause. It is alienating people like me who are already support her right to choose. When I think about her talking about taking a human life like it is a big joke I am completely put off. I think we as human beings can do better.

This woman is disgusting.

Actress Martha Plimpton was cheered on by an audience after boasting she had her "best" abortion in Seattle.

In a video shot in June just gaining wider attention, the actress was being interviewed by controversial author Dr. Willie Parker at a #ShoutYourAbortion event in Seattle, when she told the audience of having her first abortion at age 19.

Source

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This is something we can probably agree on. I dont like the killing aspect of abortion but at the end of the day, it isn't my body, so it's none of my business what someone else chooses to do.

On another note, a lot of women probably wouldn't feel the need to shout about it if they didn't feel like their ability to choose is under attack.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

This is something we can probably agree on. I dont like the killing aspect of abortion but at the end of the day, it isn't my body, so it's none of my business what someone else chooses to do.

On another note, a lot of women probably wouldn't feel the need to shout about it if they didn't feel like their ability to choose is under attack.

I understand what you are saying, but there is no way this attitude is helping them.

What is the point of antagonizing people?

edit on 2017/9/14 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Classy.

Wonder where her 2nd best was?

edit on 14-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Best abortion?
What the hell does that mean?
She got the best gift basket there or had a coupon?
And how many did she have to feel she needed to rank them?
I'm just full of questions...

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Why should it be a hard decision? Who says it has to be hard decision? Where are you getting this from? Is this your own morals and ethics telling you it should be a hard decision? Maybe for you it's a hard decision. Maybe not for the woman in question.

Maybe a woman (not the person in the article, someone different) was raped and she wants nothing to do with the collection of cells growing in her womb; it reminds her of the horrible man that took away her rights and freedom and her dignity. Maybe she wants it gone and everything that reminds her of her ordeal. In that case - it probably isn't a hard decision.

The whole abortion deal i find quite laughable. People scream until they are blue in the face about the rights of some grouping of cells that are killed. Millions of people die every day, many in terrible, cruel, inhumane ways. Do you lose sleep over it? No. What difference is a collection of cells? Why are you so incensed? Or are you placing unseen, metaphysical implications to the termination of these cells?

The point I'm making is - this woman, Martha Plimpton, isn't 'disgusting'. She has every right to decide what she does with her body and the collection of cells growing in her.
edit on 14-9-2017 by noonebutme because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
She sounds like a real winner.

The Goonies got her.

edit on Sep-14-2017 by xuenchen because: freedomforfetuses

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
living in a country where abortion has been legal all my life and, is only very rarely used for unwanted pregnancies, not bothered about the subject at all.

i am however miffed as to how and why this came up in an interview, what next ask corey feldman where he had his favourite knuckle children?

always humours me that this will enrage religious types, whatever makes them mad is a winner in my book.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

There are over half a million abortions in America every year.
It's a little more than rare across the pond.
Not that I give a damn what women do, but that's a lot of abortions.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Not that I give a damn what women do, but that's a lot of abortions.

But, is that a bad thing, though?

I think in more conservative, religious countries, that is considered a bad thing. Personally, I have zero problem with it. But in all honesty, what does that mean? Is it immoral? Unethical? What are the actual implications?

I'm from the UK, where religion isn't a big deal (anymore) so decisions and outcomes of abortion are far less "subjectified" through the pages of a religious book or perspective. They are more concerned with the woman who is having the abortion, not the moral or ethical debate before or after.

Therefore, what does 500k abortions mean? Just a whole lot of aborted cells? Or something more...consequential for the human race?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

No clue if it's good or bad.
But.

There were 3.9 million births in 2016 and around 650k abortions.
That's 1 in 7 pregnancies ending in abortion.

That seems like a pretty high number to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Nothing like a lefty bragging about their murders to endear them to loving peoples everywhere.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I am not religious and this is not about religion.

We treat putting down a pet with more respect than a human.

edit on 2017/9/14 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Nothing like a lefty bragging about their murders to endear them to loving peoples everywhere.

Just murder.

Scary how many people go along with Politically Correct sanctioning of the wholesale slaughter of babies because it's 'a woman's choice'.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Weird.

She was always the sympathy, 'get with' girl in the movies.

Not that attractive, but sassy.

We all gotta get laid eventually.

It happens.

She was irresponsible, but had a wonderful experience.

And I should switch breakfast cereals, why???

Yawn.

edit on E30America/ChicagoThu, 14 Sep 2017 21:47:59 -05009pmThursdayth09pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I completely agree. It is a high number. And maybe says something about the mindset of people in the modern 21st century. Not specific to Americans but people in general; religious taboos be damned, it's the woman that matters.

Maybe the previous taboos on abortion, like many other taboos in the past 40-60 years, have faded away into social norm. The idea that it's the "woman's body" supersedes any moral or ethical dilemmas or stigmas previously associated to abortion and instead, there's MORE uproar about trying to stop someone from taking an action for their own body.

I suspect it's a combination of the two and as society advances forward, such attitudes will keep changing and becoming more liberal. Technology, bio-medical technology and other advances will allow us to make these decisions without any moral or ethical debate, I imagine.

Again, is it bad? Personally, I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am not religious and this is not about religion.

Maybe not, but in America, I suspect there is still a very large percentage of the population who make their decisions, and judgements on others, based on their religion, rather than deriving ethics and morality from society.

I wasn't implying you were religious or basing your OP on religious morality - was only curious.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Just murder.

Scary how many people go along with Politically Correct sanctioning of the wholesale slaughter of babies because it's 'a woman's choice'.

Funny how women love to choose abortion after their lack of ability to choose protected sex. If they choose unprotected sex because they know they can just choose to kill it, that is premeditated murder.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I suppose having respect for the sanctity of human life is old fashioned to you?

I am not saying she can't make that decision, but it shouldn't be a damn joke.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

While I am Pro Choice, you gotta be a sociopath to celebrate an abortion. Getting an abortion is not an easy decision for many people.
edit on 9/14/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join