It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Posts ‘Slaves 4 Sale’ Sign Next To Confederate Flag To Prove He’s No Racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

A Missouri man angered his neighbors by posting a “Slaves 4 Sale” sign right above his Confederate flag.

Richard Geisenheyner’s rationale for the racist sign next to the racist flag is a little bizarre: He wanted to show that he’s no racist.

Geisenheyner regularly flies a Confederate flag in front of his home in Liberty, Missouri. As a result, many people have assumed that he is a white supremacist and that makes him angry.

“If people actually believe that a Confederate flag stands for slavery, well, I might as well be just as stupid as they are,” he told Kansas City TV station WDAF.

Geisenheyner, who reportedly has biracial grandchildren, insists that he flies the Confederate flag to make a political statement that has nothing to do with supporting slavery at all.

“It is for people that are tired of the government telling them what to do and what to think,” he said. “That is what a Southern rebel is.”

Source

What do you think? Does it makes sense to you? I get what he is trying to say. I do agree that our government shouldn't be telling us what to do and what to think. But is this wise?

BTW I like Confederate flags. It's the aesthetics.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Free speech is a helluva thing..

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i lived in missouri for ten years and i can vouch that this guy is not atypical either in terms of stupidity or general jackassishness...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Given the thought processes currently in use by people on the right, I'm not surprised this makes sense to people.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know he's not serious with this sign, but if I hung out a sign advertising pot for sale, my house would probably be stormed.
and, I'm not sure if they wouldn't be able to press charges against me for just advertising it.

so, I am wondering, if maybe he didn't break a law???

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

He has every right to do it. But I'll tell you one thing though... he's very brave.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What do you think? Does it makes sense to you? I get what he is trying to say. I do agree that our government shouldn't be telling us what to do and what to think. But is this wise?

grasp his point after he explained it however, his sign doesn't exactly spell it out.
'dems suk gop suk' perhaps more apt?

BTW I like Confederate flags. It's the aesthetics.

me too, i always took the flag as a cool symbol of standing up to government.
it's obviously tarnished however and with these alt-right using it in that context, it would be tough to remake the dukes of hazzard now.
edit on 14-9-2017 by growler because: error

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

He's allowed to do it...and I'm allowed to voice my displeasure of him doing it....

Free speech for all.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

He has every right to do it. But I'll tell you one thing though... he's very brave.

He isn't brave he is an idiot.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

then I should be able to advertise weed for sale, right???
selling slaves is just as illegal as selling weed... I mean this woman was arrested for writing letters to a guy offering to sell him a child...

www.ksat.com...

edit on 14-9-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

then I should be able to advertise weed for sale, right???
selling slaves is just as illegal as selling weed... I mean this woman was arrested for writing letters to a guy offering to sell him a child...

www.ksat.com...

I see your point. Hmmm. I don't know the legality of it. But if you put up a sign advertising weed for sale as a political statement, not really selling weed, then you do have every right to do it. But I would worry about people breaking in for the weed.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We gotta thank history for happening how it happened. If the north had left the south do what they wanted to do.. you bet no minority would want to be living in Missouri by now.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Rebel flag was demonized about 2-3 years ago for this VERY reason, this VERY agenda... setting the stage.

Its more about having "rebels" uniting against the status quo.. so the government does everything in their power to demonize a non-racist emblem, as they have done many other things... like conservatism, anti-abortionists, gun advocates, free speech advocates...

Its all about keeping people from uniting. The rebel flag was the definition of us versus 'the man'... the man won, and the man rewrote history as he is doing today for the sake of it repeating in the same fashion, defeatable, controlled opposition.
edit on 14-9-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

and if it's the cops breaking in?? do you really think they would believe that the sign was just a joke? even if they didn't find anything in the house.... it could be buried in the back yard, hidden in the woods somewhere, at the very least, I would be putting myself in a position where I would be constantly harrassed and followed, stopped and searched.

"children for sale", "slaves for sale" both should be taken just as seriously, more so really since you are talking about live human beings. it would be just as insane as the "pot for sale" sign, an open invitation for a ton of headaches from law enforcement...

and well, when it comes to the kids....

Both are charged with felony child neglect risking harm or death, and selling or attempting to sell a child.
www.insideedition.com...

would a for sale sign in your yard be considered an attempt to sell??

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Most all of the so-called Confederate Flags are not , in direct opposition to popular belief. They are (were) the battle flag of that State taken as their State flag . No more than that.
Folks take it like they want to...
"Stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump's mother.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Like I said I don't know the legality of it. But you do have a good point.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
He has SALVES for sale. Typical Missourian can't smell...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Obviously a political statement pointing out the confederacy was founded to protect slavery..

Protests are meant to be shocking. That's the point.

(Boy was my guess off... he is just an idiot..)
edit on 14-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Being stupid is not being brave. It's being stupid.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I know he's not serious with this sign, but if I hung out a sign advertising pot for sale, my house would probably be stormed.
and, I'm not sure if they wouldn't be able to press charges against me for just advertising it.

so, I am wondering, if maybe he didn't break a law???

Just tell them you've already sold the pot, but you can give them a good deal on a frying pan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join