It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Lions Ban Fan for post about black fans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I sure would love to see the rule or law that states there shall be no consequences for using free speech?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CB328

We don't have free speech any more.

We have nice speech.

If you say anything that offends, then you get punished.

Free speech does not mean there no consequences for your words. Unless there is a rule or law that specifically states otherwise that I am unaware of.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

We have nice speech.

Free speech does not mean there no consequences for your words.

Oh, like North Korea!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

We have nice speech.

Free speech does not mean there no consequences for your words.

Oh, like North Korea!

Yeah because banning somebody from games is exactly like killing people who disagree with you. (eye roll)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The story says it was something racist but doesn't say exactly what the expletive was in the Snapchat post and I don't feel like searching to find out what it was.
I am assuming this is what he said, if this guy said "ignorant N-word", he deserves to get dropped on from every direction.
But if he said "ignorant assholes" or some other non racist expletive, I don't think he should have to go through what has happened.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I looked it up and it was the "n-word".

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Notice how we've crept from hate speech to offensive speech.
The bar is dangling with one end on the ground and there is nothing left to say that can't get called foul.
It's beyond absurd and taking on a reality of it's own.
I hope this blows up in the Lions face (whoever made this decision)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Ok I figured it was, but thank you.......bombs away on that racist dumbass then.
Any other expletive would have been fine with me but not that.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

More grandstanding,wait till revenue starts falling,not unlike Starbucks,Target,with their ignorant liberal rants,now they are crying because people quit patronizing them,liberals are fools,they do ignorant things,then want people to feel sorry for them,common sense cures liberalism

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
so the wolf cry is that some black men sat out the national anthem, as they have a right to do so, and some racist kunt didn't like the fact that they did or forgot about their freedom of speech, then proceeded to call them racial slurs and violated the venue's code of conduct of not allowing people to call other people racial slurs (how "capitalistically" evil of them)...
now they got banned because they couldn't deal with someone else's freedom of speech, now they're being defended because their freedom of speech should allow them to call people they dislike racial epithets?

only on HBO ATS

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

We have nice speech.

I am just waiting for myself to be "arrested" or "censored" as I am an opinionated Female Texan who says exactly what I think about anything and everyone.......just like in the 50's there were communists everywhere...now everyone is a "racist:...in fact, that word has NO meaning any longer.........

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

How did this get to be public from a snapchat post?
I don't understand how stadium officials, or any authority figure was able to obtain the picture to begin with?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: underwerks
I can't believe people are now expecting others to accommodate their ignorant, racist ideas. Used to be, racists didn't expect other people to accommodate them. Now they do.

What has recently changed in our society?

So when are the 49ers going to revoke tickets from all the Bay Area liberals who hate white people?

Probably when they start posting pictures of them on Snapchat with "ignorant #####$" across the picture, simply because they didn't agree with how they expressed their free speech. Which was in this case sitting out the national anthem.

Or should the whole "free speech" thing not apply to the people in the photo who sat out the national anthem?
the way I look at it right now....until the idiots in this country make it illegal...there is NO LAW on the book that says I cannot be an arsewhole.......and I can STILL use the word "N-------R" (and I would USE it if ATS wouldn't ban me.......this PC, "everyone that doesn't agree with me is a racist" BS will DESTROY this country......
THERE ARE NO LAWS that prevent me from calling some ignorant, overpaid useless panderer to this new paradigm of "race relations" any name I wish.........
When I lived in Chicago from 2000 until 2016, I was called SO MANY racial names like "Cracker" "WHitey" "Guera" "Honkey" "Hillbilly".....and I just chuckled at them...(except when my husband and I were CHASED from a neighborhood we rode our bikes into.......I tell you, White people in this country have been SO BRAINWASHED that most of us are AFRAID to speak our minds........this entire article and half the CRAP I read on this site are idiotic...and I would gather a LOT of you on here are under or around 30......America USED to be great.........not so much now....we've become a joke...and I, for one, am not laughing......
Since I have been pretty much "forced" to go back to lurking....I will NOT respond to ANYTHING......I, for one, could give a rat's patootie if I am called a "racist"...that word holds NO meaning for me any longer........

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I grew up in North East Texas in the 1970's/1980's and the "N word" (how childish) was used DAILY...that wasn't considered racist, it WAS considered "impolite" but even my grandmother had that word come from her mouth from time to time!...now bragging you caught some N....# him, stuffed him in a suitcase and threw it in the Sabine river ALL because he was a black man....now THAT is racist......
Did we go around arresting kids who called someone a retard in school? Hell in this silly little society MY kids, (all you young ones under 40) created, I get "yelled" at for calling MYSELF retarded.... ("I'm offended by that word. I have a son with Autism" "Listen, LADY, I didn't call your SON a retard...and if I DID...I'm just a jerk......no need for your head to explode...just go away...didn't your parents tell you to stay away from A-holes like me?"

This entire PC, "your words TRIGGERED ME" garbage........this country is about to get EXACTLY what it deserves.....CHAOS

I think I'm gonna go back to sites where I can read about UFOs and Missing people and things I originally came to this site for......(I spent all night last night reading about the "hat man"..now THAT is why I originally came to this site.....that and 9/11

I'm not attacking anyone in person here.....we ALL Are guilty..
edit on 9/15/2017 by Cornczech because: I'm RETARDED

edit on 9/15/2017 by Cornczech because: still a retard

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Free speech has consequences.

The NFL is a private institution, therefore they should reserve the right to deny access to their facilities to anyone whom they deem unfit.

I see no problem with this.

I do, however, see irony in it--similar to a baker being forced to bake something for someone with whom they disagree. Why can the NFL ban someone for their beliefs, but not a bakery, or a mechanic's shop, or a clothing store?

edit on 15-9-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

You are correct, there are no laws that say you can't call black people the n-word.

There are also no laws that say a private organization can't ban you from doing business with them after you call their black employees the n-word.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The difference is the gay person was not being refused service because they were deliberately being insulting to the baker or his employees.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Ignorant racists will learn eventually that decent society wont abide them.

Ok, that's fair. So let me ask you this, then. When will we stop abiding black racists?? Yes, black racists, they do exist, they've always existed, and everyone seems to like to pretend blacks can't be racist. Or how about this, brown racists. Yep, brown racists. I know these exist, in fact, I'm brown myself and grew up using terms like "gringo" and "negro" to describe white/black people.

So when will society stop abiding these sorts of racists??

I read someone earlier mention something along the lines of the pendulum just swinging back the other way. As someone who's dealt with a lot of racism in his life, I know that more racism doesn't fix anything. To hell with the pendulum swinging back the other way, why not tear down the pendulum and stop letting it swing in the first place??

If society is going to be mean and punish white people for being racist, then it needs to punish minorities for being racist as well. That's true equality.

I'm getting very tired of seeing all of this bull# reverse racism. If people want to be racist, that's fine by me, it's their right, and I will just avoid them. If we're going to punish people for racism, then we need to punish all racism, not just because it's trendy to hate white people nowadays.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Would be nice if that applied to racism against whites too.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The difference is the gay person was not being refused service because they were deliberately being insulting to the baker or his employees.

The premise of my argument fits both scenarios, though--if a private institution is able to refuse access to their product or services over a belief that the establishment finds unacceptable, it should be applied equally across the board, no matter who was being insulted.

"Being insulted" is a subjective experience, and generally speaking, it's not against the law to insult someone, even if done so in an ignorant, provocative manner. But the insult is not the issue, it's the ability for a private company to refuse service over a differing opinion or a core belief of the owner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join