It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Lions Ban Fan for post about black fans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is getting out of hand. America is trying to destroy anyone who doesn't like Black people, in spite of being anti-freedom and anti-constitution. First they took away an owners sports team, now a fan had his season tickets revoked. Regardless of what you think of this issue you should be able to see that this is a very dangerous precedent. Pretty soon anyone who doesn't agree with popular opinion, or corporate opinion which is what this really is, will have their freedoms and property taken away. This is insane, especially since sports is a worthless,corrupt, scam and theft of taxpayer money.

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can't believe people are now expecting others to accommodate their ignorant, racist ideas. Used to be, racists didn't expect other people to accommodate them. Now they do.

What has recently changed in our society?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is getting out of hand. America is trying to destroy anyone who doesn't like Black people, in spite of being anti-freedom and anti-constitution. First they took away an owners sports team, now a fan had his season tickets revoked. Regardless of what you think of this issue you should be able to see that this is a very dangerous precedent. Pretty soon anyone who doesn't agree with popular opinion, or corporate opinion which is what this really is, will have their freedoms and property taken away. This is insane, especially since sports is a worthless,corrupt, scam and theft of taxpayer money.

www.msn.com...

You and yours brought this snip on ya with all of your "White Privilege" garbage! Funny you mention Corporations. You guys who abhor the evil corporations and the evil 1% are the ones who are doing your best to support everything they are promoting and backing up in the name of Globalism!

Did ya think the pendulum wouldn't swing back? roflmao

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I can't believe people are now expecting others to accommodate their ignorant, racist ideas. Used to be, racists didn't expect other people to accommodate them. Now they do.

So when are the 49ers going to revoke tickets from all the Bay Area liberals who hate white people?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The article says that a code of conduct is printed on the back of the ticket.
I can see it covering behavior at the stadium but find it odd it says anything about conduct away from the stadium.

If I get drunk and belligerent at the park I lose my tickets,,, makes sense.
If it happens away from the park do I lose my tickets?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, the initial party did something that this fan found offensive. Ths fan responds wth something offensive. The reacting party gets the penalty. Seems about par..everybody knows that in the NFL the reacting party gets the penalty...sheesh.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

We don't have free speech any more.

We have nice speech.

If you say anything that offends, then you get punished.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I can see it covering behavior at the stadium but find it odd it says anything about conduct away from the stadium.

Exactly, that's fascism as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

So when are the 49ers going to revoke tickets from all the Bay Area liberals who hate white people?

Probably when they start posting pictures of them on Snapchat with "ignorant #####$" across the picture, simply because they didn't agree with how they expressed their free speech. Which was in this case sitting out the national anthem.

Or should the whole "free speech" thing not apply to the people in the photo who sat out the national anthem?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't really care if they sit out the anthem.
I just ignore them.
But we are talking about the nfl.
The nfl fines players for wearing the wrong shoes or a bunch of other stupid crap.
Sitting for the anthem could easily be a violation of the leagues code of conduct policy.
They could put a stop to all of this but just haven't.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The race war that left wants so much is harder to spark than they thought.

Keep on rubbing those stick together, Lefty.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ignorant racists will learn eventually that decent society wont abide them.

Again all the angst over not having consequence free speech is amusing.
Because that's what these misfits want, not free speech in the classical constitutional sense but consequence free speech.

They want to utter whatever vile ignorance that bubbles up from their damaged brains & not be held accountable for that ignorance.

Well that's not the way the world works, never has.

Glad to see society & major business interests stepping up & stepping on these despicable deplorables when they feel emboldened to rant their filth.

K~

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sounds like internet life people problems to me. Maybe if the idiot did not have a virtual account that is equal to yelling something on the street that the whole world can hear and piss off the private owner his precious season tickets would be safe.

The only way this is going to upset me is if they did not give him a partial refund for games not visited, unless the tickets were awarded to him for no cost as some kind of contest winning or drawing. Does it stink of thought policing outside of a venue where the private party has no jurisdiction?? Yes, it sure is. But frankly, im not really in the gammut of defending racists when they are victims of their own ignorance.

Its like when somebody steps in front of traffic in a protest and gets hit by cars. Of course I am going to point and laugh, their own ignorance brought about the consequences they suffer.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Ignorant racists will learn eventually that decent society wont abide them.

K~

It's freeking Detroit dude. Hasn't been decent society there in decades. Seriously

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is getting out of hand. America is trying to destroy anyone who doesn't like Black people

rightly so.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Does it stink of thought policing outside of a venue where the private party has no jurisdiction?? Yes, it sure is

I thought thought crimes were bad?? People used to be paranoid about this coming true, now no one cares?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm more amazed after going 0-16, that they still have fans.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
See, here is the thing. This was not a written law legislated and then enforced by the government. It was a private company probably screwing its own public relations in an overreach. I will be mad from a consumer/business perspective if they do not at least give him some kind of refund.

But he displayed some pretty #ty ideals, so I won't really be defending him in any regard other than from a consumer/business relation. The right to refuse service applies to the big guys as much as it does individual bar owners and such.

Either way I am no Detroit Lions fan or agree with the man's vocal outburst. But I would like to make sure there is just compensation if there was money paid for a service, and said service was not rendered for whatever reason or excuse they may have. If he won the tickets free, he can piss off for all I care.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Probably when they start posting pictures of them on Snapchat with "ignorant #####$" across the picture, simply because they didn't agree with how they expressed their free speech. Which was in this case sitting out the national anthem.

Or should the whole "free speech" thing not apply to the people in the photo who sat out the national anthem?

Politics has no place in sports . It is a game for crying out loud . I dont care what others do , I am there for the game.
Out of the stadium , I dont give a rat's a** what happens. That is not the Team owner's decision to make.
Political bull** from the Team Owner.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We don't have free speech any more.

We have nice speech.

If you say anything that offends, then you get punished.

Bull. The Detroit lions can have whatever rules they want. Free speech is just the same as it always was.
It is not fascism as one poster said, it's their rules. The Detroit Lions are not the government of the US.

Hyperbole alert.
edit on 14-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join