It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate statue protesters refused Bar Service -- no valid IDs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

I did not say that it did. I just don't understand why legitimate state IDs aren't valid IDs in North Carolina. Why does being able to drive make one eligible to drink, and not their age?

I have a hard time believing that the law is applied equally. It seems like an excuse to alienate "outsiders".

Not from NC but, one time I tried to buy some beer before I renewed my license. It had expired a day or two before but it still had my birthday and I had anothee piece of id but the clerk wasn't going to sell to me. This old alcoholic guy behind me started getting pissed off going off about how you don't need a license to drink. I didn't even say anything but in the end they sold me my beer

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have family in NC, spent my summers there as a kid. At that time I believe some counties were dry. My uncle drank and had to buy in a government liquor store, no bars. I remember it was a big deal when pizza hut started serving beer. I believe there are still dry counties in the south.

I'm not sure about current law but NC has always been extremely strict concerning alcohol sales. Regulating liquor sales isn't new or racist. In fact laws pertaining to alcohol sales have gotten more strict across the board.

Here in Colorado you can't purchase alcohol/tobacco/firearms without valid ID. I worked in a liquor store, not only is the store owner held responsible for illegal sales, employees can be fined, fired and arrested if violations continue or for unpaid fines.

All states take liquor sales very seriously, secret shoppers came in all the time trying to buy without proper ID. I got so tired of playing cop/bad guy just to protect myself/store owner.

Drinkers get creative and desperate. Alcoholics with suspended license/no ID came in with nothing but a sad story. They'd resort to begging for a "favor" and couldn't care less if I got arrested. When I refused, they'd get mean and nasty.

There are laws in all states concerning alcohol/tobacco and firearm sales, in CO there's laws for MJ sales as well. You either follow the rules or you ain't buying the good stuff. If that hurts some butts, too bad.

Are people feigning shock/surprise looking for offense/someone to sue or are they actually that ignorant concerning alcohol/tobacco sales?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: seeker1963

Military IDs are acceptable.

reports.abc.nc.gov...

Page 17.

I didn't use my military ID. I used my DL from PA. Even back in the 80's, it was well known to just show your drivers license rather than your military ID because of the possible BS a service member might have to put up with from a cultural Marxist.

Well there you go then. Drivers license from out of state is fine. Did u even read the article?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Im going to have to correct you on that. If I remember correctly, the 9/11 bombers made sure that id was left behind and found in the rubble, somehow ...

I think he same happened with a few other cases of terrorism as well. Convenient no??

Actually if you know anything about 9/11 a TON of different IDs were found at ground zero including a few other passengers on the planes that werent terrorists. But of course you didn't know that because then it goes against ur stupid little conspiracy, right

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

My son bought alcohol at the ABC store on oak island. He is just 21 and his drivers license is from Virginia. I don't think they mean drivers licenses. It says I.D. cards. Virginia also supplies state issued ID for people who don't drive.
This is confusing because I know I sent him with my credit card to buy rum and tequila last time I visited my sister who lives on the island. And I know we made margaritas and pina coladas that night.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

A state issued drivers' license, from any state, is fine. But, if you're from another state, and don't drive but have a state issued ID, you can't buy or be served alcohol in the State of North Carolina, unless you have a Passport or a Military ID.

I just think it's ironic, and possibly discriminatory, that you have to be able to drive to drink, and get a DUI! LOL

But, if you're legally blind, for example, and happen to be from out of state, no beer for you!

edit on 16-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just checked the laws in north Carolina and it says valid drivers license from north Carolina or other states.

It's a PDF if you want to download it page 17.

www.google.com... rth+carolina&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=silk&ie=UTF-8

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I know I just downloaded it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Gay wedding cake all over again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join