It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate statue protesters refused Bar Service -- no valid IDs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know. Nobody cards me anymore, not even North Carolina. I was just i Greensboro for a week in April.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I know this all too well. If someone does not have their ID they are a liability and the establishments liquor license could be at stake.

If they are black with no ID you are racist, if they are old with no ID you are such an idiot, I mean obviously they are 40 and don't need it right? If they are young with no ID you are a big meanie...I'd say 1% of people get it that it isn't all about them and the bar needs to cover their own a**.

The worst is kids under 21 trying to get in drunk...the idiocy is unparalleled. Makes one lose faith in the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Never mind.....
wrong logic.
edit on 14-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I was thinking you can use an out of state DL, and military i.d., just not any other form of i.d. state registered or otherwise?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: seeker1963

Military IDs are acceptable.

reports.abc.nc.gov...

Page 17.

I didn't use my military ID. I used my DL from PA. Even back in the 80's, it was well known to just show your drivers license rather than your military ID because of the possible BS a service member might have to put up with from a cultural Marxist.

An out of state driver's license is acceptable, but, an out of state, state issued ID is not. That means that everyone from out of state, that can't drive for whatever reason, can't drink in North Carolina, unless they have a Passport.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I hope they sue.

Then i hope the judge throws the case out as a frivolous law suit and awards the bar owner 3x damages

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nobody has any case in suing he bar owners, they followed the law exactly, unlike the law breakers that were refused a drink.

If they have no valid out of state driver's license, how did they even get to the state?? Were they bused in?? Flew, train??? What, what is it?? Had to be minors or deadbeats if they are alleged adults without drivers license. or perhaps their licenses were suspended and confiscated for DUI related charges, who knows.

All I know is the bar owners have a solid defense, and the agitators have zero case. This would require an internal push from the citizens of NC to amend as it is their right as a state to have such laws.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL...

He's allowed to do it. They're allowed to protest him. It's how the system works.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Crow about what you will, but the statue of the traitor came down & the klanazis were outed for what they are, murderous cowards who attack the weak & defenseless.

K~

That statue wasn't of any particular person, it was a generic soldier paying homage to all the men from North Carolina who refused to betray their state by fighting on the side of the Federals. Nobody was ever tried for treason after the Civil War btw, despite many Northerners still wanting more blood after the war was over.

The South paid dearly in blood and money, there is no restitution to be wrung from them or their descendants. They lost everything and it just amazes me how much animosity exists 150 years later. Treated like some crime that was never brought to trial.

Can't go after the living who can still speak in their own defense.
Pretty sad trying to make moral judgments about those long dead.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Just in case there was a misunderstanding, I never thought that the bar owner should ne sued. I think the state of North Carolina should be sued for not recognizing US State issued IDs. Besides it being offensive to out of state visitors, it's a terrible burden and a liability for bar and restaurant owners.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I initially thought as much, but the following responses alluded otherwise so I just approached it from their view. It is not necessarily that much of a burden to travelers, as most would likely be driving and have a license on them.

I used to do credit checks for line of credit apps at a register in Wal-Mart years ago. Sometimes there were out of state ID's. From what I can recall though, most of the time they were DL's.

I am still a bit confused as to how a traveling adult visiting another state does so without a DL. I know a majority of people have one or the other, not typically both. So did these individuals not themselves driving just bring their second ID card and leave the DL at home??

Thats whats boiling my noodle right now. For everybody that flies, do you usually have a second ID only that you travel with, or do you simply bring your DL as usual?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I didn't think you could have both a state issued DL and a state issued ID. I though it was one or the other, just like you can't have 2 valid DL from different states, you have to relinquish one of them.

People charter buses and car pool to avoid driving. A lot of seniors don't drive, and a lot of people from big cities don't drive or own cars, so never got a DL, but got a state ID instead. Disabled folks often don't drive. There's lots of reason why a person might not have a DL.

It's not the number, that only a few are disenfranchised by such a law, it's that ANYONE is disenfranchised by a law. Being able to drive shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not a person can purchase or be served alcohol, in my opinion.

Like I asked earlier, why shouldn't a blind person from Alabama be allowed to be served or purchase alcohol in North Carolina? If I were that blind person, I would sue the state for their unfair and discriminatory law. I think I would have grounds.

edit on 14-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well first that problem needs to present itself. In this case however, no such details on why these young adults had no DL from another state.

All the reasons you cited are certainly valid, but neither of them apply. If they chartered a bus or taxi or got on a train, would they not still have a DL from being a functioning member of adult society in their home state?? This is specifically in reference to the individuals in question denied service. Like you said, it is typically either one or the other. I have seen people who have both, but is was probably a case of they lost an ID, got DL after and then found their ID ??

I just know I have seen somebody with both. Probably somebody I knew and cannot remember. But under no circumstance do I believe that such possessions are common or typical. Because as you are remembering, I swear too it has to be one or the other. And if you have more than one, I think they say to turn it in or destroy it right??

Soooo... have these adults lost their driving privileges in their home state or what?? North Carolina may have had a short period of time where ID forgery was a growing issue with underage kids and they enacted some laws they felt would be like a stop gap measure??

I am just speculating here on the history of said piece of legislative writing an to the circumstances of the adults aggrieved. Perhaps if we go into the history of that law we could discover their reasoning for it being there??

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No valid ID, eh? Makes one wonder why. Who doesn't carry valid identification?

Crooks, that's who! Terrorists.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Right!
Everyone knows that it's a legal requirement to carry your papers at all times. Throw 'em in jail! They must be criminals!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Im going to have to correct you on that. If I remember correctly, the 9/11 bombers made sure that id was left behind and found in the rubble, somehow ...

I think he same happened with a few other cases of terrorism as well. Convenient no??

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Massholeachusetts

Can confirm.

On topic. I went two years living in New York / Maine with an out of state ID. For that last year, it was totally expired. Most places didn't care. Can't say I've been to NC though. I generally don't go into bars in any state, either.
edit on 9-15-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

God, don't you love capitalism and market forces?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Obvious a kid or liberal,someone who has no understanding of running a buisness,they are held to liability's in order to keep their liquor license,and just because some half wits with fake ID's try to sneak in a bar,that happens all day,if ABC came in and busted those with improper ID,the owner could lose his license,who wants to lose to a bunch of libtard losers,many posters have no idea of how buisness's are ran,or what it's like to have a job

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Crikey mate! who was this traitor and what did he do ?

Regards

bally

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join