It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate statue protesters refused Bar Service -- no valid IDs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Now the latest rant by some of the protesters that helped pull down a Confederate statue.

Apparently a bar in Durham, North Carolina refused (alcohol) service because some people had no valid ID !!

So next step as usual:

1. Start a smear campaign.

2. Call the owner a racist.

Some of the people who yanked down the statue have already been charged with crimes.

I guess the Bar knew and fully understands the laws !!

Of ALL The NERVE

Durham bar hit with 'racism' boycott after refusing to serve Confederate statue protesters with invalid IDs

A group who recently toppled a Confederate statue in Durham, North Carolina has accused a “white owned bar” of racism and bombarded it with negative reviews after it refused to serve them alcohol with invalid IDs.

At least 11 members of the activist group calling itself “Defend Durham” were arrested last month after they removed a Confederate soldier monument near local government offices during a protest.

Among those arrested was Takiyah Thompson – a member of the communist Workers World Party and student at North Carolina Central University – who admitted to tying the rope on the Confederate monument that was used to pull it down.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Some of these groups and people remind me of two year olds throwing an uncontrolled temper tantrum ...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

North Carolina has strict ID laws and does not recognize out-of-state identification cards as an acceptable form of identification to purchase alcohol.

That is the most outrageous part of this story. I can't believe that people visiting from other states, who have legitimate state ID, but not a "driver's license" from that state, can't purchase or be served alcoholic beverages in North Carolina!

Why? Blind people from Alabama can't publically drink alcohol in NC?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How does that law make this incident racist ?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
That terrible bar owner
Refusing to sell underage , illegal aliens without proper IDs , alcohol
The bar owner should have known illegal aliens get all they want , bypassing State and Federal laws.
Part of the Dreamer program I reckon

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Some of these groups and people remind me of two year olds throwing an uncontrolled temper tantrum ...

You mean drunks?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe some of the people refused service had one of those special "Voter IDs".

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I did not say that it did. I just don't understand why legitimate state IDs aren't valid IDs in North Carolina. Why does being able to drive make one eligible to drink, and not their age?

I have a hard time believing that the law is applied equally. It seems like an excuse to alienate "outsiders".

edit on 14-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Their State -- Their Laws.

What would you suggest people do about this outrageous law?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Contact the ACLU and sue.

It's ironic that, if you're from another state, you have to prove that you have a license to drive an automobile, before you get a legit DUI!

So much for Grandma's traveling "Quilt Club", traveling by charter bus from city to city to visit shows and shops, attend workshops, etc, and drink!

edit on 14-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I have to agree. It's a ridiculous law. I won't even use the usual "state's rights"defense. Since all but 4 states are in compliance with the RealiD act, I can't undertand the logic behind this law.

link   

Crow about what you will, but the statue of the traitor came down & the klanazis were outed for what they are, murderous cowards who attack the weak & defenseless.

K~

link   

originally posted by: windword

North Carolina has strict ID laws and does not recognize out-of-state identification cards as an acceptable form of identification to purchase alcohol.

That is the most outrageous part of this story. I can't believe that people visiting from other states, who have legitimate state ID, but not a "driver's license" from that state, can't purchase or be served alcoholic beverages in North Carolina!

Why? Blind people from Alabama can't publically drink alcohol in NC?

BS!

I was in the military and had an out of state ID and when we were in NC for a few gigs my ID from PA was fine for me to get a drink at the bar!

Where is your link to the actual law?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Military IDs are acceptable.

reports.abc.nc.gov...

Page 17.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Seems North Carolina isn't alone in refusing out of state Ids...liberal Massholeachusetts does the same thing....
dailycollegian.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

That's crazy!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Did you have a drivers license or use a military ID?

LINK

Q: What does ABC mean?

A: Alcoholic Beverage Control

Q: What are acceptable forms of identification?

A: It is the responsibility of the customer to prove they are 21 years of age. The following are acceptable forms of ID:

Valid driver%99s license.
Valid North Carolina State Identification Card (no other state is acceptable).
Valid passport
Valid U.S. Military ID

I found the same at other sites, including a PDF to be hung in businesses who sell alcohol. Looks to be legit.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Military IDs are acceptable.

reports.abc.nc.gov...

Page 17.

I didn't use my military ID. I used my DL from PA. Even back in the 80's, it was well known to just show your drivers license rather than your military ID because of the possible BS a service member might have to put up with from a cultural Marxist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join