It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kelly-Sutton Encounter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

A lot of these phenomena happen together. However, many times only one aspect gets reported, as the experiencers don't want to seem "too crazy."

It's also interesting to note how many seem to happen when there is some form of awareness muting or deprivation.

(Alone on a country road, at night, in close quarters with restricted sight-lines, etc.)

I've never had any "odd experiences" with someone else present. I don't think my brain/awareness can reach the right level.

I'm probably off topic here.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ok I found a google books Scan that mentions Lynch Mountain also Known as Black mountain Kentucky.

It comes from a book Called Weird Kentucky.

STRANGE SOUNDS FROM LYNCH MOUNTAIN

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The Link Above Mentions a Facility on the Mountain.

I think this May be It.

These are the coordinates if anyone wants to look.

36.915631, -82.890714

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Just found this

RETURN OF THE KENTUCKY GOBLINS

In June 2012, I was contacted by a frightened man who claimed that a group of small, three-toed creatures were emerging from a mine shaft and terrorizing his rural Kentucky home. After sending us photographic evidence of the creatures and asking us to investigate the case, he eventually fled his property. The appearance of the creatures bore a striking resemblance to a well-documented case from 1955, during which a farmhouse in Hopkinsville, Kentucky was besieged by “goblins” from outer space in an encounter that went down as being one of the most credible, well-documented cases of extraterrestrial contact.

The more I looked into the case of the Kentucky Goblins’ reappearance, the more disconnected the story became. Small details led to big events, one answer led to a dozen questions, and a seemingly isolated report of cryptozoological terror in the backwoods of Kentucky turned into a story of crashed UFOs, secret underground bases, and black ops military operations all over the Appalachian Mountains.

That's an interesting story. Something that stuck with me was this part of one of the exchanges with "Greenfield" about the little people in Kentucky-

Just stay out of mines and caves. Dangerous – on-site investigation is best confined to the household being allegedly victimized. Treat it like an apparition case or a poltergeist case – the overlap between such cases is greater than most conventional ufologists usually think. They are in fact differing perceptions of the same thing, IMHO.

I think he might be on to something there, in a lot of ways. And then there's this part from the daughter of one of the men involved in the shootout that night in Kelly-

Geraldine mentioned that several years ago, a man knocked on her door in order to share his father’s deathbed confession. The man’s father claimed that on the night the Sutton farmhouse was besieged by the goblins, he was part a team sent from nearby Fort Campbell to retrieve the wreckage from a UFO that had crashed just three miles down the road, the debris of which was hauled straight to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Thanks for that link. A lot of food for thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Oh yeah the first part you quoted that mentioned how things like this overlap with poltergeist and other weird phenomena does not surprise me.

Many UFO cases often overlap with other paranormal phenomena like poltergeist.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
great timing! I was just reading about this encounter a few days ago, and its 50th anniversary. What stands out about this incident to me is the look of the aliens. I have not come across anything over all the years with an alien that looked like they did. Has anyone else?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SolAquarius

I was confronted at night by an Owl, I figure I was too close to the nest or something. It glowed alright, it was pure white in the moon light.

Most birds are territorial, owls can be spooky at night, when they usually forage.

I can vouch for their screeches being terrifying at night, but I would have a hard time imagining an owl is something else when seeing it.

The first time one screeched at me in the woods at night, I thought a portal from hell had opened up and something was after me. I ran all the way home.

During one "Outdoor Phase", I was sleeping in an open field near a woods that, by day, was full of rabbits and at night, silent white owls flew overhead hunting them.

The only thing worse than the sound of a screech owl is the sound of a baby rabbit screaming as it is carried off into the distance.

Baby rabbits scream.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why would you choose to shoot rather than say hello?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
Why would you choose to shoot rather than say hello?

1955 Kentucky. You'll still get shot at in some places for fishing in the wrong spot. It's not surprising they'd shoot at some glowing monsters.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is one weird story that I can't work out at all. But it's always nice to see a new discussion on it.

I did do a thread about it all on it's 60th anniversary : "The Little Green Men of Hopkinsville" - 60th Anniversary Reboot.

It's like a piece of folklore in a lot of ways. It could have been the fired up imaginations of both Elmer ‘Lucky’ Sutton and Billy Ray Taylor playing tricks and frightening the women and children in the home. But they felt that whatever was 'out there' was frightening enough to leave the property unoccupied and drive to the local police station. The police arrived on the scene and found nothing. Nor did they detect liquor had been consumed. Project Bluebook totally ignored it. One explanation was that it was caused by a silver painted monkey!

The Kelly 'goblins' predate any stories of aliens at Roswell. But it has never been expanded on like Roswell down the years. The story has never had witnesses retelling it years later, no new stories crawling out of the wordwork decades later. It's basically exactly as it was back in the 1955. It's not ignored by ufology and often appears in books and magazines. But it's never really endorsed like Roswell is. I don't think any major UFO researcher has written a book about it either and it's over 60 years old now.

Yep! it's a strange one.

edit on 15/9/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here's a video recreation of the incident which may be of interest.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The old show Project U.F.O. depicted this encounter

The also did the 'space pancake' incident as well, BTW in real life that was Joe Simonton

edit on 9/15/2017 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's an amazing thread and one of the most comprehensive versions I've read.

S&F

I've always wondered about this case. Growing up near where it happened it definitely (whether real or not) turned into local folklore. It's probably the first thing having to do with UFO's I ever heard of.

I was always kind of proud of living around there because of all the famous paranormal and UFO phenomenon like the Kelly encounter, the Bell Witch, and Edgar Cayce's house in Hopkinsville. The entire area almost has a strange aura.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join