It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches another Missile Eastwards

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Argyll

Why does Kim get to cross the line before any action is taken?.......why can't we pre-empt him?

Hasn't that been explained several times? And the explanations are the actual reasons.

Actually, this entire thread is like watching hurricane preparations. Same content each time.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Justso

No they aren't. The missiles are passing over Japanese airspace, not through it. National airspace is not from the ground to space. There's no formal agreement, but it's generally accepted that airspace stops at about 80 miles.

There was no formal agreement to end the Korean war, either... so, because I know you know more about airspace than I do, I'll yield to your expertise here and change my argument. North Korea, already at war with the US, just escalated aggression and shooting down one of their missiles would not be considered an "act of war" within an already raging war. Shooting one down would simply be a retaliation in the midst of an active conflict.

Well, there is also that old expression as well....making the war go hot!
We were also at war with Soviets, hence the "Cold War" and the fear was always there it would go hot if we or they were fired upon

the soviet union had a huge wall, i wonder if one goes up to emulate it...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I wouldn't doubt the U.S. would be crucifying North Korea by now if South Korea wasn't so vulnerable to an all out attack. A spokesman for the U.S. military said it would only take 45 seconds for North Korea to launch a devastating attack on South Korea. You would think his closest military advisors would be getting concerned about Kim upsetting China, and triggering a nuclear response from the U.S.. One of them has to hate this guy with a passion and is just waiting for the right moment to whack him!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
It's not going to be long now. I see a pre-emptive happening. If nothing happens NOKO is going to start the war the way they want to killing and destroying as much as possible before they get destroyed, with a better chance to win something....

Not sure why people keep assuming that Kim and NK is by and large, just insane with suicidal tendencies. Kim enjoys his little luxuries too much. Just looking at that plump dictator should tell you has no no desire to lose his reign, or die a terrible death.

I don't think he will initiate a war.. but he will keep prodding and poking until we strike first, and he can call on big brother China to help, or until he thinks he has the world convinced he is a nuclear threat, and can use that as a threat / barter to remove sanctions, and gain "respect."

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes and no. If the US shot it down, then yes, it would be a part of the continuing war. Japan wasn't part of that war IIRC, so if they did it, then it would be an act of war.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There is no advantage for North Korea to provoke or attack. Its leader and his elites are already living more luxurious lives than any king + millions of brain-washed slaves and servants of slaves. It is warped 'communist' society.

Japan is just tolerating the airspace intrusion and does not shoot down any missile if the trajectory is not towards any city.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is it obvious to anyone else ... that everything North Korea is doing is 'okay' with China? It's almost as though China wills it and North Korea acts.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Is it obvious to anyone else ... that everything North Korea is doing is 'okay' with China? It's almost as though China wills it and North Korea acts.

Yep and you can bet your bottom dollar China is supplying Kim with exactly what he needs to keep antagonizing, it is certainly in Chinas interests to have such a distraction.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyonedies
There is no advantage for North Korea to provoke or attack.

Then why are they provoking and threatening/leading to an attack?

I think there is some advantage. I'm surprised that more people on ATS aren't seeing it and discussing it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

China has a mysterious control over the USA as well. The U.S. scaled back the most recent round of sanctions against North Korea, simply because China asked us to.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Nah, it was a giant firework that flew over Japan. Signifies that they are building better shows each year.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: dianajune

"What is Trump & Co. waiting for - an invite?"

Waiting, is about the only thing to do.

Wait for China, South Korea, Japan......

And an invitation to what?

Wiping out millions?

IF there's a war, North Korea's population will pay a heavy price, as will South Korea.

Precisely...
Millions of North and South Koreans will die...Kim knows this and he wants the rest of the world to be scared that this will happen. Some people may think China is "doing nothing" but I am sure that there are tons of diplomatic messages being sent INTO NK from the PRC...not sure if they're being looked at or even answered.

As for what the US should do? The absolute best thing...make sure there are pieces in the right place in case these sparks touch the powderkeg. IF the US acts with force...there are hundreds of artillery pieces in place that would shred Seoul into tiny pieces of shrapnel.... If the US acts with nukes, the fallout could also contaminate South Korea, and China.

So waiting and re-affirming our stance on sanctions is probably the best thing at this point.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Like I said in the other thread about this, which I started (sorry, Mods!) -

Our gov't just can't seem to get it that sanctions don't work with Kim. They never have and never will. Eventually, one of these tests will turn out to be the real thing. By then it will be too late.

What is Trump & Co. waiting for - an invite? Or one of our cities to be nuked.

Idiots.

Im with you, although I live on the west coast of Canada. But it's close enough should he aim this way.

When I heard a missile was launched , all I could think was which way was this thing going. One of these days it will be aimed at us, on purpose or by accident. Time to put a stop to it before that happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't think the US will strike first over the repeating provocations until there is a clear error on the part of NK, or they intentionally strike first due to the fact they are running out of options. I'd much rather see this resolved than kicked down the road another 10 years; but what if, the US quit upping the rhetoric with Kim and rather treated this insignificantly for a time?

People say sanctions are doing little to stop him from doing more; but lately, the more he does up the ante, the less influence Russia and China will have on this matter. I was really hoping to see the foreign worker sanctions voted for this time as I think it would have the greatest influence. Next time a rocket fires, or anything on the list, I feel we will get them to agree to this.

Personally, I'd like to see a way to make it rain BK Whoppers wrapped in leaflets. They're running a special right now @ 2 for $6. That's roughly 300k per 1 tomahawk missle. I heard they love hamburgers in NK.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We, the US, are not involved in this situation. North Korea test launched a missile over Japan, not the US.

If Japan feels strongly that something should be done then maybe they should do something about it. It's their airspace, not ours.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
These launches are becoming so common, that they're no longer leading the nightly news. Was the 4th story tonight...and only 30 seconds of attention. (Chicago TV)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"Gulf of Japan"-incident, they will call it in 20 years...

another false flag!
edit on 14/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

LMAO oh man, dude i just spilled my coffee! lol thank u for that hehe

anyways....dem drones need powers

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Opinions are a constant.. everyone wants to give one, like hearing crowds talking about living forever. This game is for real, a mission if it is not in play yet will come around you can only shoot at cops for so long.... Kim, is gonna get smacked, not being ignorant for thinking so... do we want to no, I will agree with you there....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

As far as see it noko is the provocator. Japan in a sense is still our puppet...

It will be interesting this fall if not days...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join