It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches another Missile Eastwards

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
www.rt.com...

News just breaking

North Korea has launched quite a few. They will launch quite a few more. One of them will contain a "surprise gift", according to Kimmy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Tell me what you thinks about this guys.
We give S.Korea a equal number of nukes. What every the North has we match in the south.

We give several to Japan for self-defense, maybe a couple of little bitty ones to Vietnam as well, no missiles just warheads.

Seize the offensive and put those dogs on the defensive. We get the hell out of SK and Japan and stay out.
The Chinese and Russians wanta play nuke tac toe, hell ya, we'll be their Huckle Berry.

Buck
edit on 14-9-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The vast majority in the North have known nothing but the Kim regime. Kim, which ever one, is a god, or the next best thing to it.

Many will fight because, as someone else pointed out, they've been taught from the cradle that the West (the US) is out to get them. We attack, we've proven the thesis, regardless of the reasons. It'd be nice if this was Iraq, where the army opposing kinda just melted away, but I don't think that'll be the case here...or maybe, more correctly, I fear that won't be the case.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

What would you suggest he do? Relaunch a war that'll kill millions, certainly thousands? On a "maybe"?

Where is the proof, y'know evidence, that the North Koreans are going to do anything like launch a nuclear tipped missile? Where?
a reply to: seagull

Or do we just keep frowning and sanctioning?

The sanctioning is not working. Little people would be the first ones hurt. But the streets and shopping areas are all buzzing along normally.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: angeldoll

The vast majority in the North have known nothing but the Kim regime. Kim, which ever one, is a god, or the next best thing to it.

Many will fight because, as someone else pointed out, they've been taught from the cradle that the West (the US) is out to get them. We attack, we've proven the thesis, regardless of the reasons. It'd be nice if this was Iraq, where the army opposing kinda just melted away, but I don't think that'll be the case here...or maybe, more correctly, I fear that won't be the case.

I agree as well
Even if we peacefully dismantled the Kim Regime, we would not be welcome with flowers and open arms

There was a Korean Diplomat in China a few years back that happened to be there when the older Kim died
The diplomat excused himself upon hearing the news to go to the bathroom
When he returned his face and eyes were all red from crying and this is one that was able to get outside the country

North Koreans are taught we are the aggressors and that we are always the ones out to get them.
If we attack first, it will only prove to the civilians the leadership was right about the USA and they will fight well after the regime is disposed of.
edit on 14-9-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

The biggest problem with that plan is that no one knows if Kim Jong is certifiably crazy. He never attends any conferences, or meets other leaders. At least, I don't THINK he has?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, you know what they say? "It's not the gift....It's the thought that counts" Bwahahahaha

I'm sure he'll receive MANY gifts in response. It'll be like Christmas on steroids. Except the only thing that will be "Deep, crisp and Even'" is the radioactive dust covering every inch of that country.
edit on 14-9-2017 by CaptainBeno because: spelling

edit on 14-9-2017 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What is the fascination with nuking the entire country?

No reason for all that. In an war where ROE are "relaxed" and the gloves come off the US could and would crush this little nuisance without the need for nukes. So why is everyone all about the nuke train?

Makes no sense and senselessly escalates the situation even more than it is now.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

I'm willing to let him "take the piss" for as long as he likes if it keeps a bunch, as in thousands, probably more, of people from being killed because someones manhood is threatened.

Wrong answer, you are saying that you are happy to let Kim fire missiles over US/friendly territory until one of them isn't a fly over and hits said territory, potentially killing thousands of people.....why do you think he wont do that?

Sorry you don't like my answer, not that yours is any better. What makes you think he will? Because the State propaganda machine, both there and elsewhere, says he will? You're going to start a war on "might" or "maybe"?

As for being happy? What the Hell makes you think that? Have I said that? I'd just as soon he not do it, OK? But, so long as the status quo is maintained the likelihood of Kim launching a nuke at Japan or Guam or where ever, are drastically reduced. It's a risk, yes...do you think I don't know that? However, launching an attack on his nukes, with no certainty of success, turns that risk into a certainty. Are you willing to risk millions, tens of thousands certainly, on a "maybe" or a "might"?

When Kim actually launches a missile with a warhead attached to it that hits Japan or Guam (God forbid). That's my line. Right there.

I'm sure the people in Guam and Japan will be tickled pink that you waited for the line to be crossed before you considered their survival.

They'll be equally tickled I'm sure with a war of "maybe" or "might" that results in them being attacked. Won't they? Guilt trips didn't work when my Mom used 'em, doubt they'll work now.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Should that happen (god forbid), then North Korea will, in essence, cease to exist shortly afterwards.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks for clearing that up. Of course, his actions are a clear act of war. So no one want to call him on it?

This becoming more and more embarrassing, especially for China.

Japan has its hands tied since WWII. Fat Boy has crossed the line several times and is winning-it's time.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

No they aren't. The missiles are passing over Japanese airspace, not through it. National airspace is not from the ground to space. There's no formal agreement, but it's generally accepted that airspace stops at about 80 miles.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nothing's going to ever happen with NK.
We need them to always be there doing f'ed up stuff to fill in the "no news day" voids.

Trump is in on the jig as he is most likely under complete control of the NWO Military Industrial Complex that already controls the world.

Just more Fear Filler Fluff

edit on 14-9-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Sorry you don't like my answer, not that yours is any better. What makes you think he will? Because the State propaganda machine, both there and elsewhere, says he will? You're going to start a war on "might" or "maybe"?

No propognada machines stating anything....just Kim Launching missiles wherever he wants.....what do we do about that?.....let him continue?.....until when?.....when do we stop him?

You think the status quo is being maintained?.....seriously?

Do you genuinely believe that we should just leave Kim to carry on behaving as he is?.....until he crosses "the line".....then what?

Why does Kim get to cross the line before any action is taken?.......why can't we pre-empt him?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Black_Fox

Oh Man !!!

Something's gonna go

BOOM

BIG Boom !!

That boom will probably be the sound of your expectations of a world-wide apocalypse hitting the floor and echoing across the room of your defeated dream .

Aint gonna happen. It's soon to be a shinny new world order with everyone happy and covered with healthcare and higher education.

edit on 14-9-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No they aren't. The missiles are passing over Japanese airspace, not through it. National airspace is not from the ground to space. There's no formal agreement, but it's generally accepted that airspace stops at about 80 miles.

There was no formal agreement to end the Korean war, either... so, because I know you know more about airspace than I do, I'll yield to your expertise here and change my argument. North Korea, already at war with the US, just escalated aggression and shooting down one of their missiles would not be considered an "act of war" within an already raging war. Shooting one down would simply be a retaliation in the midst of an active conflict.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Why does Kim get to cross the line before any action is taken?.......why can't we pre-empt him?

Hasn't that been explained several times? And the explanations are the actual reasons.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's not going to be long now. I see a pre-emptive happening. If nothing happens NOKO is going to start the war the way they want to killing and destroying as much as possible before they get destroyed, with a better chance to win something....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: dianajune

So tired of hearing this. What is his grand move if he has nukes? Seriously... countries have had nukes since the 50's. If he launches them he is toast. Even Russia and China would have to respond. BFD he has nukes. He can't use em.

What do you mean he *can't* use them?

Of course, he can.

He can use his nukes the same way that someone staring down a dozen cops with their guns drawn can still decide to try to draw his own gun.

He can use his nukes the same way Japanese pilots in WWII dive bombed US ships in the Pacific in kamikaze fashion.

You assume that he expects to live and/or cares if he does.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There was no formal agreement to end the Korean war, either... so, because I know you know more about airspace than I do, I'll yield to your expertise here and change my argument. North Korea, already at war with the US, just escalated aggression and shooting down one of their missiles would not be considered an "act of war" within an already raging war. Shooting one down would simply be a retaliation in the midst of an active conflict.

Well, there is also that old expression as well....making the war go hot!
We were also at war with Soviets, hence the "Cold War" and the fear was always there it would go hot if we or they were fired upon

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join