It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches another Missile Eastwards

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Those calling for inaction, what do you say to the people of Japan who were undoubtedly cowering in fear while holding their children as tight as possible during the flight?

Why should they live in terror?

This little prickly is breaking UN Resolutions with every launch, so why aren't more nations doing more?

want to explain to the japanese people why do you think nuking Tokyo is a better idea?

because that's what can happen when the NK gets attacked, and there's a huge chance it cannot be avoided.

"undoubtedly" - do you have any friends in Japan? relatives? anyone you know? no? well, i've got a friend in Tokyo and i'll tell you this much: you're exaggerating for the purpose of fearmongering. also, if USA would start that war, it would most likely escalate into WWIII pretty quickly, because of China. is that what you want?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
screw Kim and screw the country that won't rise up against him.

Its interesting to do a bit of research. his countrymen are born into believing the world is wanting to murder them and only the great Kim dynasty keeps them safe...even manages to somehow get them food from time to time. A entire nation fully brainwashed and indoctrinated. Why would you rise up against the guy who is heroically saving you from the terrors abroad?

The best thing one could do to undermine what you are saying is to carpet bomb them with ipads and full internet access..then maybe they would see the world isn't as they are indoctrinated to believe and...possibly start some resistance..although resistance in a iron fisted dictatorship would end violently and quickly if even a hint comes up...not to mention anyone who would turn in a resistance would have cool things like food to eat.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I said it's an idea, not necessarily a good one, dude. I'm realist enough to know it's unworkable. I'm not hearin' much of any other ideas other than "WAR".

Maybe that's, ultimately, going to be the only solution...but I'd just as soon everything else be tried first. Up to and including bribing the son of a bitch.

My manhood ain't threatened by bribing the guy. Especially if the alternative is a war that might not end as we would like.

So, no, I'm not kidding. Whatever f'n works.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
if USA would start that war, it would most likely escalate into WWIII pretty quickly, because of China. is that what you want?

Right, USA cannot start this. Sadly it needs to be a response to a direct attack if anything is to happen.
And even when that happens, no nukes..even if they use one. We have enough in a arsenal to take out every aspect of their defense in about 45 minutes, Nuking them would accomplish nothing. A job best fit for Seals and SAS more than anything.

If however it is in danger of happening, I suspect China themselves will take out the living fecal matter and take over Korea instead of risk a justified US invasion on their doorstep.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

And that is the crux of the problem. Isolating NC has allowed the regime to brainwash most (??) of its citizens. Any sanction reinforces Little Kim as a deity, one they are picking on, and possibly wanting to remove from power/kill. The best answer would be for him to eat himself to death, without having kids.... then deal with whatever replacement arises. The problem with that is, Little Kim is a kid with matches (bombs/missiles) and a flame thrower (the nuclear option). He has shown no self restraint, and is poking the Bear called China in the nether regions.

link   
The reported trajectory

link   
It's not like the little dumb bastard is starving. I'm sure he already lives a life of luxury and excess.
This isn't about money and some life of luxury desired on some island. It's about power.

Bribery is not an option, imo.

There are no good options here.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Up to and including bribing the son of a bitch.

We've been bribing NK for decades now to shut up..and that money got invested in building nukes...he doesn't need more bribery money, we funded his programs quite nicely. Now we could perhaps bribe him with just giving nukes directly to him personally, maybe even start giving him land.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Ive yet to hear anyone ask this guy just what the hell he wants we're too busy giving him orders at least if you asked you'd find out if he had a price...or whether he just wants the world to burn.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Good thinking. I wish China would go ahead and do it, and get it over with. Especially the part of taking out the little piece of human fecal matter. Or at least put him in one of their lovely prison cells. Lovely enough to last a lifetime.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You know, I was looking at CNN's map of the NK launch path and it occurred to me that if it kept going, it could of been on a test of a trajectory to strike Alaska.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What would you suggest he do? Relaunch a war that'll kill millions, certainly thousands? On a "maybe"?

Where is the proof, y'know evidence, that the North Koreans are going to do anything like launch a nuclear tipped missile? Where?

So where is the line?

How long does Trump et al let NK continue to take the piss?

How many missiles does Kim get to launch provocatively before someone gives him a slap?

Or do we just keep frowning and sanctioning?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Kim needs to let it go.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
It's not like the little dumb bastard is starving. I'm sure he already lives a life of luxury and excess.
This isn't about money and some life of luxury desired on some island. It's about power.

Bribery is not an option, imo.

There are no good options here.

Yep. Rodman says he has the best of everything. Imported caviar, cigars, cognacs. The finest foods money can buy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You know what, if that prevents some city from glowing in the dark, I'm good with that.

I'd rather no one gave North Korea nukes, mind you...not sure that would exactly help the situation...

Those bribes, as you call 'em, have maintained the status quo--and has, seemingly, prevented a renewal of the Korean War, frankly it kicks the can down the road 'til, perhaps, the problem can be solved peacefully. Emphasis on "peacefully".

As I said above, my manhood ain't threatened a bit by a little judicious bribery.

If my solution is so unworkable, come up with one your own bad self. I'm not hearing much in the way of solutions being put forth...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

I'm willing to let him "take the piss" for as long as he likes if it keeps a bunch, as in thousands, probably more, of people from being killed because someones manhood is threatened.

"Might" isn't a good enough reason. Not even remotely. How often does that need saying?

Where's the line?

When Kim actually launches a missile with a warhead attached to it that hits Japan or Guam (God forbid). That's my line. Right there.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Of course he does.

Also, I don't understand the idea that assassinating him would solve anything.
People actually think he's the end all be all of policy in that $ hole?

Knocking the guy off just creates a power vacuum. And it will be filled by the hardliners who are already obviously on board with all this, otherwise they'd kill the guy themselves.

...like I said, no good options here.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
The reported trajectory

Thanks for posting this
Looking at the map, in order for Kim to test the long range capabilities, which direction could they launch without flying over another country?

It looks like the answer is it is not possible.
If they go straight south, it flies over South Korea.

Unlike our country that fired many into the sea with ocean surrounding us

It also looks like the highest point of the missile was when it was over land
This is being blown out of proportion by warmongers

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Yep. No good options, unless like Satx says, China steps in to fill the void.

A part of me wants to believe the people would be happy to see him go. Secretly they despise him, their poverty, and their isolation. Many would rush to South Korea, to remember how to be normal again.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm willing to let him "take the piss" for as long as he likes if it keeps a bunch, as in thousands, probably more, of people from being killed because someones manhood is threatened.

Wrong answer, you are saying that you are happy to let Kim fire missiles over US/friendly territory until one of them isn't a fly over and hits said territory, potentially killing thousands of people.....why do you think he wont do that?

When Kim actually launches a missile with a warhead attached to it that hits Japan or Guam (God forbid). That's my line. Right there.

I'm sure the people in Guam and Japan will be tickled pink that you waited for the line to be crossed before you considered their survival.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join