It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches another Missile Eastwards

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
And just for the record, Zahpod...

I really do enjoy reading your informative posts about aircraft and your different exploits and pictures. I do not look on any of that with disdain. I actually look forward to your observations. I suspect you think to the contrary, but you would be mistaken.

Every day I see people out at the airport taking pictures of aircraft. I often wonder about the attraction, but I appreciate their interest. On the way home I drive by the end of two of our longest runways. Two to three times a week I will see serious photographers taking pictures. Many times it seems a bit of a mystery to me, but I truly do understand the fascination. Once I was like that too. It's just that now, every day, I live in, over, under, on and in support of them...so it's kind of hard to picture wanting to drive all the way out to the airport to just take pictures of them.

I love them all. Every one I see. They never get old, even though some are. I marvel at the legacy of those which have come and gone even in my lifetime in aviation. The DC-10, the 727, the DC-9's, the L10-11...heck even the great 747-400's are almost gone now (which I thought was the coolest aircraft to ever fly on). I see the next-gen aircraft now, the 787's, the new NLA's...the environment is constantly changing. Believe me, I truly do know of what I speak...and I do love all of them (not the NLA's so much, but still). (Note: BTW...I think the sexiest plane in the sky is the A340-600)

Anyway. Hope you understand.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Trump, Kim, and Rodman are wagging the dog on all of us, hey in this crazy world we live in now... Anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
...WHO keeps launching missiles? AGAIN? and AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN? What's that?????? WHO OBVIOUSLY wants war? Who keeps making threats???
edit on 17-9-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
...WHO keeps launching missiles? AGAIN? and AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN? What's that?????? WHO OBVIOUSLY wants war? Who keeps making threats???

The USA?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent

The USA?

My condolences to you for supporting terrorists...

...WHO keeps launching missiles? AGAIN? and AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN? What's that?????? WHO OBVIOUSLY wants war? Who keeps making threats??????????????

WHO keeps barking threats, testing nukes, launching missiles? WHO keeps threatening us on a daily basis? WHO IS ITCHING FOR WAR??????

Play DUMB some more?
edit on 17-9-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Play DUMB some more?

You kind of missed the point.

Here, let me help you out: those questions and insinuations can all be attributed to the USA as well. That's the punchline you didn't get. You probably think the USA is some beacon of morality and fairness and should be able to dictate how the rest of the world runs, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

Name a superpower that doesn't have blood on their hands. That hasn't been involved in underhanded dealings. Just because the U.S. has had their shortcomings, doesn't magically excuse NK from developing and testing nuclear weapons and methods of delivery. Why this is an excuse people bring up constantly boggles the mind. Of course, it happens all the time on ATS (Well who cares if my POTUS did this, because this other person did that!) - this is the bastion for two-wrongs-make-a-right.

No one wants a nuclear NK. China doesn't.. SK doesn't.. Japan doesn't.. U.S. of course doesn't. They themselves agreed to not develop them. The U.N. lays down sanctions because they do. The U.S. testing missiles doesn't make it "ok" for NK to threaten death to another country, and test ways to carry it out.
edit on 18-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

The US launched something like 3 Minuteman III missiles last year. Russia planned 16 ICBM launches for 2016, with 14 being tests of a new missile type.

So who is that keeps launching missiles over and over again?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wow, I didn't know Russia was that active with launches. Not that I ever paid attention, but I never seem to see much coverage on them. I imagine it's just so common that it's a non story. Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

They never really announced them for the most part. Unless it was caught in the air or something it didn't get a lot of coverage.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

CIVILIANS PAY ATTENTION!
WE ARE STILL AT WAR IN KOREA,SINCE THE 50S.
THE CEASE FIRE HAS BEEN VIOLATED WITH A NUCLEAR THREAT FROM A KIM-LOSS-OF-BRAIN..
edit on 18-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

We are not at war with North Korea; South Korea is at war with North Korea. As it was described by Truman at the time a "police action" on the part of the US.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Its academic now.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Its academic now.

In a way that's true considering we're going to get involved no matter which way you look at it, I guess I just find being accurate about the distinction when asking people to form personal opinions about acts of war is important to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I hate them too but WE didn't start the invasions.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

We are not at war with North Korea; South Korea is at war with North Korea. As it was described by Truman at the time a "police action" on the part of the US.

Actually, South Korean was not a signatory to the armistice agreement. US General William Harrison (UNC) was the only signatory, representing the United Nations and allied forces.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Azureblue

Ours don't fly over other countries, for one thing.

There are a few other things too, but that's a big one.

Propaganda rears it's ugly face, horribly.

American military occupation is worldwide, but at least they don't fly missiles over other countries!

You approve of over half the planet being occupied with American military forces?

America is merely trying to protect all our 'freedoms'...

Others believed the very same as you believe......many years ago...

Germans believed that a tiny nation attacked them, so it's righteous to defend the fatherland,....or the 'homeland'.

It's always about protecting freedom. Nobody will take away our freedoms, no way!

Attack them before they attack us, and then occupy the country, to teach our freedoms. As we have done, around the globe!

Well done!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

You approve of over half the planet being occupied with American military forces?

Your statement is ambiguous.

Can you clarify what you mean by "over half?" Do you mean by population? Number of nations? Surface area?

Then, once you do that, you can define "occupy." Does that include being there by invitation? Does that mean embassies?

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Countries cannot be enemies.

What could have made people believe, so deeply, that they'd have killed their own brothers for?

The Civil War was never about slavery. It wasn't about one side of truth, of freedoms, against the evil side, of slavery, of hatred....

Nobody wants war.

All wars have to be created. We'd never fight to the death, against millions of people nobody even knows to exist.

This nonsense about North Korea is the same thing.

Once the 'ruler' of North Korea declared America is their great enemy nation, everyone in North Korea says it, as one voice...

And when Trump replies, he is saying the whole country of North Korea is our enemy. Once the leader declares an enemy, it doesn't matter in the least that 240 million Americans don't even know any North Koreans, so what makes them all enemies?

Think for once...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: turbonium1

Your statement is ambiguous.

Can you clarify what you mean by "over half?" Do you mean by population? Number of nations? Surface area?

Then, once you do that, you can define "occupy." Does that include being there by invitation? Does that mean embassies?

Sort of like Hitler's SS troops were 'invited' to stay forever in Austria, too!

Nobody 'invites' military forces into their country, they do it out of fear, not as some 'welcomed guests'.

American military forces have never been 'invited' by the Central/South American countries, or Middle East countries, and none of them ever warranted American military forces into their countries, either.

Suggesting a country has 'Weapons of Mass Destruction" was pure invention.

Iraq is a country that never even existed before the 20th century. All of the people lived thousands of years without many conflicts, compared to the last century.

The British came along, and decided on splitting it up regions of conflicting religions, which had never existed, over thousands of years.

So then, non-Arab nations declared they had to abandon the coast, and many miles near the coast, too.

These people had lived there for thousands of years, and they were forced to leave.... would you like it?

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join