It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Launches another Missile Eastwards

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Joneselius
This is all so........ Conviniently timed, wouldn't ya say?

There's no new war to wage. No new scare for people to hang on to.

Kim: Oh I know, I'll fire at the ocean!
West: YES!!!!! We mean......Ahem...... Oh no ANOTHER (sarc) threat has appeared (cue pokemon music)

The west uses nuclear arsenal (It's super effective) North Korea misses a turn, North Korea fainted.

This cycle of one boogieman after the next is SO utterly boring!

What part of the fact that he had to fire his missile, without any warning whatsoever, over another country do you not understand? Should I draw a diagram for you?

I understand you, but purely out of curiosity I would like to see you draw a diagram showing that he "had to" fire his missile over another country. How would one even convey that message in a diagram?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

To go 2,300 miles it pretty much had to go over another county. Unless I'm reading the map wrong.
edit on 9/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: kamatty

To go 2,300 miles it pretty much had to go over another county. Unless I'm reading the map wrong.

Yes absolutely, unless it went 2000 miles up and 300 across. I just wanted him/her to draw a diagram.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Boy, some of the kids here on ATS are some real FAN-BOY puppies!!

Amazing!! Just amazing!

(not surprising, but amazing none the less).

edit on 9/17/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, Kim Jong Un has been firing missiles over Japan for the past "20 years".

Yeah...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Well, one in 1998. That's almost 20 years. But who said anything about Un?
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 9/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hmmm...well, that's interesting. I honestly didn't know that one. Thanks.

So why is everyone all spun up now then?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Well, it's been 20 years and they have nukes now.
For starters.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, it was kind of a leading question, sorry.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

No he hasn't. But he's been developing nuclear weapons and missiles for that long. Good try though.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Dunno why this is such an issue?

Why was there not just as much concern in the media about testing of missiles when the US was testing theirs?

Wonder if testing by US was/is "approved of" by the media owners?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Ours don't fly over other countries, for one thing.

There are a few other things too, but that's a big one.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So why is everyone all spun up now then?

Because CNN said.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Draw what you want.

The fact Kim is kicking off now just stinks.
Why even wait? He's been posturing for 2 decades (and his father) why act now? Risking total condemnation from.ALL nations?

Before you act all snarky next time. This goes to the lot of you kids on here, understand the context of the forum you're on. For crying out loud.....

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You said it, not me.

Why so argumentative? (not that I mind it, but just curious).

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It really is disappointing to see so many ignorant Americans being pro-war with NK. Have you learned nothing from your history?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Show me where I said he was shooting missiles over Japan for 20 years. I said he's been doing this for 20 years, or does it only count when he fires missiles over Japan?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Zaphod, what is it that you want/wish me to say? You're just itching for me to say something.

You know what; you're right we don't agree on much, but if you want me to say something...just tell me what it is.

Do you want me to say I don't have faith in our military? Is that what you want? Well, guess what...you're right.

You're right, I don't.

I think they're under-trained, under-staffed, under-funded and WAY too politically correct! Twenty years ago I would have had a completely different opinion, but today this is the reality. "WE" rely WAY too much on automation (if that wasn't already painfully obvious to you) and "we" have a false sense of security from all that automation.

We talk big, but we can't back it up. Iraq was easy, but asscrackistan not so much. I wonder why.

Please don't get me wrong; I have nothing but the utmost respect for our armed service MEN and WOMEN (not trans), but we've fallen down. You've crossed swords with me again and again (and this is fine), but your confidence is misguided. Sadly.

You can deny to me, and everyone else here, what I say. You can dismantle every argument, every word, but you're missing the big picture. We're not ready.

Please don't go back down into the "have you served?" argument. It's irrelevant now. Please don't go call your other mods to rain fire...it's irrelevant too...and you know it.

This is not about diminishing the men and women in service today, it's just not. This is all about diminishing the force readiness as a whole...in the modern politically correct service. Mamby pambies can't be war fighters. Again, this is not to say all of the military is mamby pambies, but the command and control reduces them to "inert" status...in other words they don't let them fight. They don't let them be warriors.

Back in your day (and it was a long time ago, frankly) there were a lot of brave guys (and gals maybe). There was a mission and people took it seriously. They were good. They were intimidating and dangerous.

Today it's not the same. So, if this is what you wanted to hear me say...there it is.

Today, the United States military (save a select few) is just not the capable fighting force it was just twenty years ago. They've substituted technology for courage...and this will cost them, and all of us too. This is not a big computer game, sometimes it still takes a warrior.

I know you don't like what I say, but I might know a bit more than you think. What I say hurts, and it stings. It hurts and stings me too, but I see it. You may not believe me, but I do.

All due respect...and I really do applaud your service (but you're not in the service now). See my words for what they are. They are not an indictment against you personally, but rather an observation about fantasy vs reality.

ETA...I should have finished with..."Flame Away!"

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Draw what you want.

The fact Kim is kicking off now just stinks.
Why even wait? He's been posturing for 2 decades (and his father) why act now? Risking total condemnation from.ALL nations?

Before you act all snarky next time. This goes to the lot of you kids on here, understand the context of the forum you're on. For crying out loud.....

Hes not acting though, he or daddy would have done this long ago had they had the ability.

My hunch is China can see the writing on the wall and they are giving themselves a buffer and supplying much of what was missing from earlier attempts.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
It really is disappointing to see so many ignorant Americans being pro-war with NK. Have you learned nothing from your history?

The entire history is war, from the very inception.

Add to that Hollywood produces pro war movies all the time, not to mention the pop culture of guns and violence....The entire culture is based on bullying others into submission.

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join