It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does Caligula, Murder, Lost Treasure , have to do with Illinois?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I came across this story in a old issue of Ancient American, Which describes the story of how this ancient Caucasian stock: The Mauri, who were believed to have migrated from Asia Minor after the fall of Troy in the late 13th Century B.C..

This is still under investigation, but Stone Portraits and Treasures found dating to 40 AD. in Illinois. Maybe the Mormon Guy wasn’t far off (He believed ancient Israelites settle here and were the original North American) I say this is far from the truth, but still an interesting tie to this story considering the Stone Portraits of Roman / Egyptian / Jewish people.

www.ancientamerican.com...

www.ancientamerican.com...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Nothing huh? Hmm I figured people into this stuff would find this interesting since I have never seen it on this site, and it may or may not still be a conspiracy. Oh welll

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

On the face of it, it just looks fake.

Any north african population movement into north america, certainly in the number implied here, would result in rather definite genetic markers being present. Heck, one should even be able to track the migration from say florida into illinois.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They mentioned it was thought to be a fake, but after further examination, They said it would be near impossible to reproduce the amount of Stones sold.

On face value I agree they look rather "Too Good" But they did have some evidence on thier side.

Also With the findings of older examples of Early america, (Vikings etc) They do have a hard time tracking any type of migration path. I am on the fence and would like to see mor studies on these, The more I read though the more I wonder if its all BS

"Approx- imately 7,000 examples are known to exist, far too many to have been manufactured by one man, even with assistance. More convincingly, they feature internal evidence in the form of esoteric and even arcane images far beyond the experience of the provincial man to have faked."

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
They mentioned it was thought to be a fake, but after further examination, They said it would be near impossible to reproduce the amount of Stones sold.

For one person or for unrelated groups of people who also want to cash in on the idea? The number of stones is meaningless. The Ica stones were produced in very very large numbers too.

They do have a hard time tracking any type of migration path.

The vikings had one definite settlement in newfoundland. And apparently they didnt' interbreed with the natives. This, on the other hand, is a mass of population that lived and was absorbed amoung the natives. I don't mean a 'path' as in settlements and artifacts leaving evidence, but genetic evidence of migrations, which can apparently be tracked with good sucess in other parts of hte world.

I am on the fence and would like to see mor studies on these, The more I read though the more I wonder if its all BS

for my own part i'd class it as a hoax of one sort or another. I wouldn't give money to research it and I wouldn't want public monies to be spent researching it.

top topics

join