It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ refers to Daniel's End Times Prophesy very specifically

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Oh, on the apostasy thing we can agree.

There are plenty of things plainly spelled out that most people would prefer to pretend aren't there.

And in all honesty, we're all guilty of that from time to time.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When we can admit our own faults we are ahead of the game.
Cuz it's hard sometimes. But so necessary.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I've never understood why the Holy Bible authors spoke the way they did. I'm glad mankind became more direct and specific with our interpersonal communications. Could you imagine what ATS posts would look like if we still spoke like that? 100 words just to convey a basic message.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Problem is,with all the picking and choosing when making the bible,how do we know what was left out,it could have been misconstrued,speculation at best,when facts are removed from the equation,seems more like an agenda

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It is my belief that the Tribulation started when the daily sacrifice was abolished. Half way through the Anti Christ was given authority over the nations and began to stand in the Holy of Holies.

We are now coming to the end of the 2nd 3.5 years. John and Daniel were not using our years.

So as Jesus is the ultimate Sacrificial Lamb, hence He abolished the need for a ordinary lamb to be sacrificed for a man's sins, then the Tribulation has been active for the past 2 millenniums ? Serious !!!

Luke 21:26. So for the past 2 millenniums mens hearts are failing on a massive level ?
If a huge X-Class solar flare hit us now, men's PaceMakers might actually fail to function. This event would not be possible during the last flare that Carrington discovered on 1 September 1859.

Mark of the Beast: So everyone was chipped somewhere during the past 1 millennium ? and nanites have been functioning in the persons brain (temporal lobe) if they do not have a right hand. Come on, seriously.

You know, as you state that the Tribulation is ending, you are setting up everyone to assume that the coming NU World leader is Christ Messiah, when in actual fact its going to be the little terrorist dictator antichrist instead.

If people vanish during 21st Sept 2017, then it will prove you wrong as the Groom (Christ) removes His people who hold lit lamps filled with His Oil of Faith. Matthew 25:1

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I am prepared to believe that God will do what He has planned. I leave open the possibility of a rapture. I lean toward it, but I've also seen compelling cases for it not to occur at the outset, in the middle, or not until close to the very end ... or at more than one time or all three times.

I think God has indicated to me that there will be one, so I have that hope. But as I have no sure proof of when, I also prepare myself that it may not be until after things have gotten much, much worse, and that I may not live to see it.

I do not want to get my hopes so pinned on one possible outcome that if it does not happen, I put myself into a crisis of faith.

Instead, I try to put my trust into God that He knows what must happen and that it will, and I watch and I wait that I might have warning of when it could happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am prepared to believe that God will do what He has planned.

Instead, I try to put my trust into God that He knows what must happen and that it will, and I watch and I wait that I might have warning of when it could happen.

Well if we do go into the real 7 Year Tribulation we will not live long anyway as the little nasty Islamic terrorists will be running around shouting ali akbaaaaar guillotining everyones head off.

Oh man I just cannot stop laughing imagining what London will look like with all those Muslim terrorists and the pommies holding lunch-time fish-n-chips with hundreds of ali akbarrrrs heading their way.

Well God has a new job description for us and I am sure thats its only a matter of time before He 'informs' us of our new spiritual tasks.

IMHO I am now believing that it will be the real hard-core Christian fundamentalists that will not be removed from this World, because their faith might very well be strong enough to save at least some sinners, before they lose their heads.
edit on 15-9-2017 by Tristran because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Actually there is a problem here. You have to read Matthew 24 as a complete sermon. Taking a verse out of it individually can result in taking a statement out of context. So the correct interpretation of it is as follows. Jesus Christ is referring to a previous statement he made in Matthew 24. The first event of the end times. And that is verse 24-14.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

You have to remember he is answering the questions asked in verse 24-3

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Now that being said then you need to consider this. The nation of Israel was created in 1948. There is a prediction in Ezekiel 37 that a nation of Israel would be restored. Also the day of Jezreel prophesy in Hosea predicts it's return as well.
If the current nation of Israel is the fulfillment of prophesy then that would mean it's a fig leaf of the fig tree parable.

And that would mean verse 24-14 has been fulfilled. And verse 24-36 has been answered. It occurred on or before May 15 1948. The generation is running. And should end no later than May of 2028. But it could be sooner.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I lean toward the belief that if there is a rapture, not everyone who merely says they are Christian will go. It's pretty obvious from scripture that some who say His name will be rejected at some points. The parable of the 10 virgins is another example that not all are ready.

That should light a fire under all of us to do our best to make sure we're right with Him.

It would answer the question of how there can those who are taken and those who are persecuted worldwide. The other answer is that the persecution is for Jews, too.

I don't know and neither truly does anyone else. We won't for sure until it happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I typed this while off-line (my connection is skummy, gratas to SPECTRUM)

FOR ATS REPLY:
I submit that the prophecies of Daniel & Revelation, including the Christ spoken references to Daniel...are deliberately concealed/hidden... not so much in 'code' or nebulous phrases.... but hidden in layers of meaning & understanding--- hidden in both the Practical Reality and in the Spiritual Reality, and both these Dimensions of Human experience are further compounded by the addition of prophectic meaning/interpretation being reliant on our own perspectives of Past-Present-Future fufillments in each of the Other Layers or Levels of being factual in essence more-so than in nature itself

the Hebrew Mystics have the heart of the kernel, that they present to the people in their serpentine reasonings in the form of writings (words)...
where we seek the cut-&-dry answer concerning prophecy...they enlighten us with a swirling phantom from the Sea of poetic words & thoughts, which is the Key
the OP might just use the 'wonder in the Heavens' (the 9th-&-23rd of September Virgo birthing Sign) as a Signal for the 1290 & 1335 day counts this thread addresses.... it is up to the one who 'Interprets' to determine which 'day' of the month to use... there are only TWO correct 'dates' for this timeline Sign to commence the count-of-days....the 9th & the 23rd of September 2017 for the end of the birth pangs which then commences the events that Jesus spoke of as happening to those in Judea/Jerusalem (whatever the name of the regathered nation of Jews who precede the regathering of the 12 Tribes during the millennial kingdom)

BE AWARE THAT I SCRIBBLED THIS YESTERDAY & HAVE NOT EDITED OR PROOF-READ THE TEXT...SO keep that in mind,
if unclear....I can't help that

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
But the world's supposed to end next Sat the 23rd according to Youtube.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Even the MSM is carrying this story.
www.foxnews.com...
Must be true!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.foxnews.com...
Must be true!

Then next Sunday the 24th someone will come up with another date.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Again, the world won't end on Saturday. It's the beginning of the seven year countdown if the prediction is accurate. So, you have seven years to go at least and potentially still billions until the sun turns into a red giant and swallows us all.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

www.foxnews.com...
Must be true!

Then next Sunday the 24th someone will come up with another date.

Way to gloss over a 2000 year old prophecy Christians are to watch for as a sign, this is just one sign of two within Rev 12:1 through to 6.

The Woman and the Dragon
12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”[a] And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

Which is Daniels 7 years and the beast.

This one happens some unknown time after the first, we are to watch for it. No where does it mean the end is happening on the 23rd, heck I haven`t even seen a ytube suggesting its the end on the 23rd. Consider it as a wake up call, to believers and unbelievers if you like.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Well if you want a prophesies to freak out about consider Daniel 11-2 and Daniel 8. Put them together and they say this. The end times start when a country that looked Greek to him is attacked by 4 countries/kings in Persia/Middle East. Then that country attacks back and conquers 2 of them.

The fact that the US has managed to emulate the first 3 steps of a 2500 year old end of the world prophecy is quite concerning.

And one other detail from Matthew 24. Jesus Christ said to look for the eagles/vultures gathered around the carcass and that he would return shortly after the tribulation of those days. And if you look at Daniel 8 what do you have there? A carcass. So something to consider. Is the Matthew 24 carcass reference referring to the Daniel 8 carcass?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think you would really be filled with joy from the book Kingdom, Power & Glory: The Overcomer's Handbook.

It explains in depth how the 'temple' is a 'map' (if you will) of our lives and how we live as Christians.
A bit deep but worth it.
If you don't have a copy message me and I'll send you my copy.
God Bless.

edit on 0301Sunday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 18

20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?’— 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join