It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegan and Juicing. Anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've gone Vegan for about 2 months now. No meat, fish, chicken, eggs, milk, icecream, butter, BACON or anything. I have probably had some pasta, bread and candies with egg or milk ingrediants and produced in a place that my have that cross contamination. I'm not that specific about it, I just try to avoid all of that.

Then, since Sept 1st, I've got a juicer and have been juiced about 4 days per week or Juice for breakfast and lunch and normal meal in the evenings.

I've lost 15 Points or back to my high school weight and almost washboard, six pack abs at nearly 50 years old. Hitting the gym hard too, and haven't noticed any strength loss. In fact, I'm starting to increase my weight. Also training in JiuJitsu and feel great.

Anyone else doing this or similar and noticed any health benefits or detriments?

Health was the big reason and I have big concerns that a meat and dairy heavy diet increases your risks for heart desease, cancer and diabetes to name just 3 things. They may be on to something. Never felt better. I do miss cheeseburgers and peperoni pizza though!

Ben and Jerry's makes vegan Ice cream so I'm happy. lol
edit on 14-9-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Good for you.My wife want's to look into a juicer & I am interested as well.Do you have any advice on what type or brand.I can't do the no egg thing however because have a small chicken farm & love egg's for my breakfast.If I did not collect their eggs every evening it would hurt their feelings.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ericendtimes

Good for you.My wife want's to look into a juicer & I am interested as well.Do you have any advice on what type or brand.I can't do the no egg thing however because have a small chicken farm & love egg's for my breakfast.If I did not collect their eggs every evening it would hurt their feelings.

Love eggs too!

We got Breville Juice fountain. around $149 or so. They have a bigger one but we didn't see the point in it. Seems to work fine but some people have said if your juicing daily, you might want to upgrade. They can be quite expensive.

Lot's of good recipes on line. I'm really enjoying carrots, fresh ginger root, Oranges, Cucumbers and peaches. They say you want to go 80% Veg and 20% Fruit. But I don't hold to that. As long as it's making me drink/eat more veg and fruit no matter what ratio, i'm doing good.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good for you

Though there is still debate about meat products being unhealthy, there is much science that supports the benefits of refraining from them, especially processed meats in particular, which contributes to cancer. Animal fat is taxing to digest and contributes to arterial plaque and distorts healthy gut bacteria flora. My Paleo friends will contest this, but I say do some research to best determine what is right for oneself.
This is just my opinion however and I do not wish for this thread to become a meat is bad/good debate.

Juicing or smoothies...yes awesome! My roomie got a 1000 watt ninja blender and we make healthy smoothies. I like smoothies better than juicing because it is less expensive and provides more sustenance. A juice extractor requires a good load of fruits and veggies with a low return ratio on output. Smoothies provide more fiber and goodness.

A tip I have been sharing with others is how to utilize greens without them spoiling before use. I take Kale, Chards, Spinach and Collard Greens, blend them all together with water and then pour them into ice cube trays for freezing. Then each day I take 4 to 6 cubes, 1/2 to 1 cup of blueberries, 3rd of a beet, 1 banana, cup of baby carrots, 1/2 cup almond milk and a tablespoon of chia seed( a great energy source), and two cups of water for consistency. Most smoothies are actually bad because they have more sugary fruit than anything, so adding more veggies to the mix is better, especially for daily intake. We are suppose to have 2 to 3 cups of fruits/veggies per day, and I wasn't getting that regularly. I am a big proponent of B-vitamins and greens is the best source for that, and much better than taking supplements.

So keep it up and here's to healthy living < raises smoothie cup >

edit on 4pmf30491030 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Thank's for advice.Will pass that off to the "boss"when she get's home.Live in the middle of nowhere but plenty of wild apple tree's & wife has cucumber plants & all kind's of berrie bush's.Will give you update if she lets me get one.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

That's a good idea as well.Have a bunch of spinach & watercress in garden.ty.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Great Idea on the mixing the greens and freezing. That's brilliant. We've had that problem already with out greens going bad before we can get to them.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Damn it. I thought you meant juicing as in ejuice for mods. I was GOING to write that I indeed vape but don't vegan. I should since I have endometriosis and ibs AND gluten allergies of some sort(not celiac disease as that's super rare but just gluten allergies WHICH SUCK), and rheumatoid arthritis.

The above basically means all I can (all I should, but LOL don't) eat is like a carrot and soy milk but LOL even soy brings gas and pain to me so no soy. Maybe almond. But if almonds are on the 99.982% bad food list, ..... So I can't even go vegan.

I can eat paper. And maybe paste I don't know.

I just say hell with it. Eating what I want KILLLLLS my gut and joints and this and that, severely kills pain wise; but I'd rather enjoy my food than yanno.
Eat paper and be painless. Literally have you seen the Great Food Nope list for gluten allergies /low fodmap? Add to that the Nope list for endo, RA and IBS and honestly you're left with paper.

Unlined paper.. There's bad things in the line ink. :'(

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thank you! very useful information!

top topics

join