It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN host goes on wild racist twitter rant

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
OMG, not again.You need to be more of a productive person in society xuenchen,i mean how desperate can a person be ugh!

Stop being judgmental of how a person earns their paycheck.

We all gotta eat you know.

Ok,understood.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think everyone should have the right to be racist and/or express their views as long is it doesn't harm anyone. And by harm, I mean truly harm, not offend.

This lady should have every right to her political views. Problem is the double standard by her employer. The conservatives get punished for less outrageous viewpoints. ESPN has become a left wing echo chamber. I remember First Take going in on Tom Brady for supporting Trump, Max Kellerman repeatedly saying Brady owes the public/media an explanation while no such standard was presented nor expected if you supported Hillary. What it implies is if you're conservative or supported Trump, you're a racist or a bigot or hate women and it's on you to prove you don't actually hold those viewpoints.

And we're seeing this repeat itself across the nation, whether conservatives in Hollywood getting blackballed, social media entities from twitter to facebook to youtube silencing conservatives or ESPN/google and other large entities silencing conservatives on top of what we're seeing on college campuses across the country. What its turned into is discrimination, from the same side which preaches tolerance.
edit on 14-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Lol.. do you realize you just falsely accused some one of being a racist. For falsely accusing some one of being a racist. Lol

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is hurting ESPN who all ready is ruining their reputation.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She also targeted Trump supporters (which is probably half the population).

Half of what, Timbuktu?

You know that only half of the populus cared to vote, right? Well. What did I expect, it's a foxy thread regarding twittery where someone went... wait for it...

totally berzerk and dared to call Trump what he actually is!!!

Something funny, finally! Thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

In fairness against this current oddity that's sprung up on ATS of late related to the "half of America" argumentative nonsense... who cares how many did or did not vote? We have polls of 1,000 people being used to support major decisions like the ultra expensive and failing ACA and now the DREAM Act... if anything, the election with it's 60% voter turnout (believe it or not, 2016 beat 2012 in voter turnout percentages) could be seen to serve as an opinion poll with the lowest margin of error.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Fair enough.

It's an important issue and kinda sad to see them ignored completely. Sad. Wait, that's really sad!

Foxy doesn't care, the oligarchs don't. They know that we know that they know we know and yet... who gives a sh!t? No wonder that half of the population is on antidepressants all the time. Half of nearly every population, except for the not hardcore industrialised ones.

But no. Host opens up on Twitter to tell the truth, at least her truth. And the White House wants her fired (!)? For fcking free speech on Twitter?!?
ATS? Probably on fire, Brave New World or something? 1984?? Free speech?

Nope. Niente. Nada. Nichts.

*sigh*

Hey statists, what the... (shots fired) ...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It's authoritarian for them to also express themselves? Based on the standards that have been applied to these situations in the past she should be fired. It's a private company free to do as they please, however if the court of public opinion wants to be taken seriously standards have to be standard for everyone. That's the equality people so often speak of, but obviously don't understand that it's existence lives in us amongst us.
edit on 9/14/2017 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

standards have to be standard for everyone

Fire em, fire em all!

No. Wait. Fire is good.

Burn them, burn them all!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I mean that statement is just what everyone "says" they are for? Actions tend to differ from statement in my experience though.

Careful talking about burning people. Who is them? Hitler! /sarc

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yes. And a statement from the Oval Office differs from mine.

I mean that statement is just what everyone "says" they are for?

Which one?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Yes. And a statement from the Oval Office differs from mine.

Which one?

Which is fine, I don't see the relevance?

I have to assume you're being dense for the sole purpose of messing with me? The part you quoted and replied to, to which I replied.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

"Them" refers to every other employee. Standarts for twitter-fires, where are the free speech folks now?

Wait. She's a leftist, that's self-explanatory. Why do I even ask... burn the witch!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from repercussion. We're talking morality not legality. Im talking public reprecussions of consumers to be standard if we continue in this way.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
This woman has been racist for years. But she works at ESPN, and they never fire anybody for their political viewpoints, except Curt Shilling for being antitransgender. And Mike Ditka for being anti-Obama. And Hank Williams Jr. For being anti-Obama. Wait a minute...I'm recognising a pattern here.

What do you expect from a network that pulled an Asian announcer because his name was Robert Lee?

Liberal lunacy has destroyed ESPN, as their massive downsizing over the past year has shown.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

become triggered by the white background.

LOL...you might be on to something here. Google too has almost all white background. I guess that's what they call..institutional racism.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What did she say that was racist?

Apart from nothing, obviously?

More lies from you.

I treat this ops threads like any garbage tabloid.

Fun to read but in no way credible.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Duh calling someone a"White Supremist",why do you liberals overlook facts?,because it kills your storys,the MSM is a libs tool

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
She spoke her mind on the company's air. If they don't like it, they can deal with it.

The White House needs to remember the First Amendment and stop meddling with our basic freedoms.

There's a word for those who, for years, have whined about the overuse of words like "racist" only to turn around and do the same thing: hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But... but... but free speech doesn't mean free of consequences?!?

Also, this is comparable to a company firing a neo-nazi cuz... there's violence on both sides!!! And Trump isn't a White Snowflake that has whole icebergs named after him, no no no.

She spoke her mind on the company's air.

According to Foxy it was a Twitter berzerk, whatever that is. And her source is crap, I dunno if it was the company account but it looks that way. Thought it was her private account, but does that really matter? Lets face it: Trump is what he is. And a White House in panic mode doesn't really look so good on him now, does it?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join