It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN host goes on wild racist twitter rant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's actually quite humorous. First things first. Ditka was appearing as a guest on a radio talk show. Williams Jr. Was appearing as a guest on Fox And Friends. Neither of them were there as reps for ESPN. Furthermore, both of them are thought of as primarily something other than ESPN reps. Ditka was the hard charging tight end of the Dallas Cowboys that morphed into the tough as nails coach of the 86 bears...one of the most dominant teams in NFL history. Williams is the son of the biggest name in Country Music history, and a multii-award winning, multi-platinum selling artist in his own right. Only a complete moron would equate either of them as ESPN. Hill, on the other hand, derived every bit of her fame, speaking platform, and revenue from ESPN. When people see a Hill tweet, they see the ESPN logo in the background. If anyone would reflect badly upon ESPN, Hill would. So why are the outcomes so disparate? Hmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

First Amendment does not apply in this situation.
She is not facing any criminal charges or facing time in jail.
ESPN has every right to suspend her, as she (loosely) represents the company when she tweets things like this.

She is free to say what she feels and ESPN is free to suspend her as a consequence.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good, good. The more fake nauseating outrage the better. It just makes it easier for conservatives to sweep seats in 2018 and keep the presidency in 2020.

That being said, this was no spontaneous burst of twittery emotion. This was calculated by her right down to how long to wait before issuing her (non)-apology. She's taken a page from Megyn Kelly and this is her exit strategy from espn.

This is simply her first steps towards building a brand for her new platform. I predict within 6 months she'll be on a different network getting paid to banter the many ways Trump is literally Hitler, and conservative white people in general are bad.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MartinD28

It's very telling when ones political allegiance always aligns with hurting or degrading the other side constantly. It shows just how far our country has fallen.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I would agrue that there is a whole world of difference between George Clooney wasting everyones time at an awards show, or Jamile Hill (or any other celeb on twitter) spouting off ignorant political nonsense, than a celeb running for office.
Running for office implies that they are willing to work for the change the desire, rather than whining on social media, or any other platform.
The latter is what erks people, I think.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ESPN's public editor has acknowledged the poliical bias at the Network. Note in this quote Hill's reaction and statement...

Brady talked to anchor Bob Ley, who admitted that ESPN has no “diversity of thought.” A conservative employee told Brady that “If you’re a Republican or conservative, you feel the need to talk in whispers.” Jemele Hill, naturally, said “I would challenge those people who say they feel suppressed. Do you fear backlash, or do you fear right and wrong?”

This is the problem. And this is why ESPN and the media more generally fail. It is suppression to label those who disagree with you politically morally evil because they disagree. Yet that’s what Hill does. That’s what ESPN does, too. The left believes its opinions and feelings are facts; those who disagree are therefore either morons or fascists. That’s why Hill thinks Schilling should have been fired for putting up a meme expressing that transgender people should go to the bathroom in the restroom that matches their biological sex. Schilling must be evil.

www.dailywire.com...

ESPN, just like any other network, can run their programming as they see fit. I have no issue with this. But just like any other media entity, I do take issue with their feigned appearance of impartiality. If someone, anyone, is dishonest once to me, I always have trouble believing any thing else they say. You are what you do. In this case ESPN is a company of double standard enforcing liars.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It is so refreshing to see people unafraid to freely express themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What did she say that was racist?

Apart from nothing, obviously?

More lies from you.

No, falsely accusing someone of being a white supremacist is absolutely racist BS. It is a racist dog whistle no different from any of the various anti-minority slurs that frequently get called "racist" by the population at large.

So the millions of White people who hold the opinion that Trump is a White supremacist are racist as well then?

Get real.

Also, "falsely accuse"???
You have no idea whether it's true or false...

Unless you know Trump personally.
Or are a mind reader.

What do you mean the white folks that think Trump is a white supremacists were already racist on the count of them being white? At least that is a view that often gets expressed. At the end of the day there is hypocrisy all around the rights pushing back on the pc culture by accepting it so those on the left understand what it means on the other end. If you don't have concrete evidence to support the claim then its automatically false, or that's the way it's supposed to work.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's very telling when ones political allegiance always aligns with hurting or degrading the other side constantly. It shows just how far our country has fallen.

Indeed. Thankfully the dnc is in a freefall, and Americans are beginning to wake up. Brighter days ahead.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was speaking about both sides actually, but carry on blaming everything on one side, that'll do a lot of good!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
infowars discuss how to deal with trauma from no doubt racial abuse from little girl.
nsfw probably.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im curious...is the purpose of the ad nauseum nonsense in political discussion meant to achieve anything other than a stoke to the ego for the participants?

It seems like everyone just lines up on their sides and hurls their insults/invectives from a script.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Can it, monkey-boy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I know, right?

When it started being about the SC anchors, and not the sports, I began turning away. They all want to be Chris Berman. Why, I don't know. I've always found him annoying at best.

Just give me the scores, and the player sound bites, I don't need analysis...I'm enough of an armchair QB/point guard to do my own analysis.

Was it rascist? I don't know, nor do I care. Her opinion matters as much to me, as mine does to her.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's pretty much the only reason. The more stars and flags people get the more their biases are confirmed and the further into ignorance they fall.

I really wish ATS would make this a straight up discussion board again where there is no like/dislike function, I think it would go a long way towards having honest and fair discussion. But I know the stars and flags are what keep most people coming back.

Oh well, gotta make the best of a bad situation I guess.
edit on 9/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im curious...is the purpose of the ad nauseum nonsense in political discussion meant to achieve anything other than a stoke to the ego for the participants?

It seems like everyone just lines up on their sides and hurls their insults/invectives from a script.

No it changes nothing, just people chosing a sporting team. Most used to ignore politics, of course this recent election brought people to the realization of how intertwined it is in their daily lives. No political team will ever encompass a individual in totality , especially in a two part system, so it's a get in where you fit in mentality. Problem is some are just poking fun and some actually think expressing their opinion changes things. I have fun with it from time to time, but can't take it seriously. Imo

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bitter irony here is that I agree with your post, but my only way of really indicating that is via starring it... which represents a conflicted message.

What to do? What to do?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

As somebody else pointed out, people have to get paid somehow.

edit on 14-9-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The thing is....i agree with just about every one of you. At least part of the time. And even when we seem to disagree....if we discuss without invective I usually find agreement in there somewhere. And if not, I at least find someone with good intentions just doing what i am doing: make the most sense out of a really effed up situation here in the US.

I don't think anyone participating here is "out to get" anyone. I think too many peeps just fall for their own hype (or the hype of their favorite brand of media). If you step away from that hype, you can find out what you really think.

Just imagine what kind of world it would be.

But the passions related to this discussion...i just don't get it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

What did she say that was racist?

Apart from nothing, obviously?

More lies from you.

He is unqualified and unfit to be president. He is not a leader. And if he were not white, he never would have been elected

LOL - what a joke of a comment, clearly in denial that his victory had nothing to do with ol' dodgy being the alternative.

1. He is qualified, she should read the Constitution, particularly Article II, Section 1 and Amendment XXII, Section 1.
2. He is fit (medically).
3. He is a proven leader in his private-sector career as CEO.
4. Even ol' dodgys vote count from the camp-concentration areas could not defeat the Electoral College - more of America elected Trump.
5. Judging someone because of their skin pigmentation is likely the result of being bought up in a household that lacks ethics and morals.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join