It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN host goes on wild racist twitter rant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The truth is, is that Hill has a long history of such actions. As far back as 2008 she was suspended for remarks considered offensive and racist by some. She has a history of this behavior, and, as we can see, she is being given a pass on it. Here is a quote from Hill in her apology column after being suspended...

I once wrote about Don Imus that "speech is free, but consequences are not." I never want to be the exception to that rule, and I'm not sure any of us want to live in a world where hurtful things are hurled around without cost.

www.espn.com.../080623
It seems that aside from being a race baiter, Hill is also adept at eloquently constructing sentences that mean nothing to her.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
People still watch ESPN?

Who knew....

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yet they've been cheering Kid Rock on for months for showing his support for Trump. Where were their cries for him to be quiet before he announced his possible run?

They are Kid Rock fans, all he needs to do is stop playing, light a cigar and they go nuts

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: xuenchen

No surprise really. Trump's election has really set the Leftist racists off.
Going crazy everywhere. I find it rather refreshing really. Their hatred for white America is on full display. Let 'em spew! The truth will out.
Obama sounded the horn for this charge and it just keeps building, with the help of the "non-biased" msm

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Further proof that "racist" has become one of the most useless, overused, ineffectual slags in the modern lexicon. We have reached the point where being considered a racist truly means balls all.

In my opinion, racism can only stem from the heart, irregardless of the choice of words. Someone could snap and go on a tirade of racist rhetoric, but feel totally different inside.

And likewise, someone could never say a racist slur in their lives, but could be a huge closet racist deep down.

Ding! Ding! Ding! WINNER!

Michael RIchards comes immediately to mind. The man got heckled, by a pair of black men using racist slurs, for several minutes, then in a fit of frustration he snapped. When someone experiences that, the natural reaction is to bring out the big guns, so Richards defended himself against racial slurs using racial slurs... yet he was the one nearly crucified in the media over the incident. This lead to the great apology and self flagelation tour the modern media demands from the offender.

It's all horsecrap. It's leading us to a point in time where anyone with half a frog hair's worth of sensibility simply won't give a crap whether others believe someone is racist and the criticism will lose all it's teeth.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
So..

Falsely accusing somebody to be a white supremacist = not racist.

Not denouncing white supremacist fast enough = racist Nazi

Supporting Trump = also racist Nazi

Falsely accusing somebody to be a white supremacist = not racist?

If a white dude accused Obama for being a "black supremacist" in a derogatory way = is it racist?

Man, this # is confusing.

Well that's what happens when you try to false equate things

It makes no sense, lol

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

First off that in no way answers my question.

Second, yes people at the White House are able to say whatever they want. As long as what they're saying is in a non-official capacity. That's why there was the whole uproar when Conway told people to buy Ivanka Trump's clothes.

Every article I've read on this story hasn't said that some random person working at the White House decided to give their opinion and said, "ESPN should fire her." They've said, "The White House issued a statement suggesting Hill be fired." That's not free speech. That's an official position the government is taking against a citizen for exercising their free speech.

It's absolutely amazing how many people will cry about First Amendment rights when a Nazi gets fired from a hot dog stand. However, if the White House calls for someone to be fired after speaking poorly of the President then suddenly the First Amendment becomes this whole grey area.

If it was an official white house position, I would agree that it's not cool and might be seen as more than just free speech. Who is "they" in this instance, who said it, and is it in fact an official white house position? If it's just Trump, you can file it under "S" for stupid things Donald said on twitter. (it's a large file)

ETA:
this is just me asking, but please, can you and whomever else thinks this way, find a way to educate yourself to realize that although some of us do wish for freedom of speech as our amended constitution offers, that in no way equates to loving, caring for, or even liking Nazis. It's the kind of strawman that makes you look like the asshole of the year, and it's just not a good look.
edit on 14-9-2017 by network dude because: added plea for intelligence.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it during a daily press briefing.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

And like I said in my original post, I have no problem if ESPN wants to reprimand or terminate her over this event. However, it enters a whole new realm if those repercussions come at the behest or pressuring of the government.

You are aware that Obama did much worse, but secretively and by using actual facets of the government, right? The "Silencer-in-Chief," made sure that any dissenting, journalistic opinions were kept to a minimum.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The point I was making was the word is so loosely thrown around. Especially when it's convenient. It may be false equivalence, but in the context of its entirety, when related to the use of "racist", it is not.

Comprende?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The statement came from the voice of the White House herself, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, during the daily press briefing. Doesn't get much more official than that.

ETA: Nowhere am I calling you a Nazi. I simply find it strange that when a Nazi got fired from a hot dog stand for his views there was a whole gaggle of Right Wingers on here claiming that it was a violation of his First Amendment rights. However, when someone says something bad about Trump and the White House calls for her to be fired suddenly those same people want to argue about the finer points and minutiae of the First Amendment.
edit on 9/14/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm fairly positive that Richards got pissed off because a group in the comedy club was being loud and said he was unfunny, to which he responded with a stream of racist comments.

And then they started hurling racist comments back at him.

Never seen anything that stated they were being racially abusive to him before he had his meltdown.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What did she say that was racist?

Apart from nothing, obviously?

More lies from you.

No, falsely accusing someone of being a white supremacist is absolutely racist BS. It is a racist dog whistle no different from any of the various anti-minority slurs that frequently get called "racist" by the population at large.

When a man or woman says hoe stuff, acts and dresses like a hoe and is completely aware that he or she is an idol to the international hoe federation and never criticises them. I think we need to start accepting that clearly this person is a hoe in denial.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Before I address the topic, I'm going to be that person and say loud and clear: I appreciate you, Xuenchen, and your posts... often times I have already read the article, and the ones I haven't already read, I often want to read after I see it. I appreciate that you often (if not always -- sorry, I don't pay that close attention to ALL of your posts!) point out when the sources are anonymous (which is all too common these days). Most of all, I appreciate that you have never ever been rude or hateful to me or anyone (that I have seen) -- even when I have disagreed with your take on something... nay -- especially when I have disagreed. I've dropped my (crazy?) theories about Hillary in several of your threads and never heard an ill word from you. And I have seen you take much grief from others with nary an ill word or hateful retort from you. And that's awesome. Thank you.

As for the topic of the OP... well played, ESPN and Ms Hill, well played! She made exactly the right apology to keep her job without taking back a word. And, yes, it was in fact and in deed "racist," by definition, as evidenced by the "White" part of her rant.

Carry on, Xuen

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

She should apologize.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

If it was secretively then how do you know it happened?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Lol. Can't argue with that. Also thanks for reminding me that I need to watch the new episode tonight since I missed it yesterday.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If you use dog whistle terminology that insinuates someone else is a racist based on opinion and not fact, it may not be racist. But it makes you a POS on par with racists.

It is entirely possible that it could be slander to say those things publicly from a network soapbox (and anyone on network media carries that soapbox with them where ever they go, at work or not) that are unsubstantiated.

Trump likely should not have called for her firing. He should, however, have leveled a suit for slander.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: eisegesis

If it was secretively then how do you know it happened?

Really? What a silly question.

Secret, until caught. Derp.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
sharylattkisson.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I am sorry I missed the whole
Nazi get's fired from a hot dog stand thing. But not knowing anything about it, I'd say the same things I have been saying. He has every right to believe as he does and even say what he believes, but if it makes his employer look bad, his employer has every right to fire him. This goes back to the repercussions of that same freedom of speech. D.C. Cowboy taught me most of that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join