It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN host goes on wild racist twitter rant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Of course not, Kid Rock has been speaking his mind about his support for Trump for months and people haven't complained one bit. As soon as an ESPN anchor or any other celebrity speaks out against Trump there are 20 threads about it.

Nope, no hypocrisy there.
edit on 9/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Like I said, it's borderline. While the White House aren't actually taking any direct action they are trying to use their weight to force ESPN into taking punitive actions.

If we saw the White House start turning the screws on ESPN through agencies like the FCC until they fired Hill would you consider that a violation of her 1st Amendment rights?

Whomever at the white house that responded also has the right to free speech. And there are repercussions to that, as it evident in how many come unglued by Trump's Twitter rants. You can say stupid #, but you can't pretend you didn't when others call you on it. Even Trump.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I haven't watched much ESPN the past year. Stephen A, while I totally understand people stopping watching because of, isn't the reason I quit watching. I get him and I get he's very much playing a scripted role on the network. It was no coincidence that they teamed him with Skip Bayless, a pair of individuals who can say some of the dumbest comments imaginable, yet deliver them with the proper vocal tones and inflections to mask the stupidity in a veil of authoritative genius.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
this site loses credibility by the minute.

white supremacist is a racial slur, christ grow a pair.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So..

Falsely accusing somebody to be a white supremacist = not racist.

Not denouncing white supremacist fast enough = racist Nazi

Supporting Trump = also racist Nazi

Falsely accusing somebody to be a white supremacist = not racist?

If a white dude accused Obama for being a "black supremacist" in a derogatory way = is it racist?

Man, this # is confusing.

edit on 14-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Does it upset you that he is doing this? If so, you have the RIGHT to not go to his concerts, not buy his CD's, not promote him when speaking to your friends at the country club. Those are your rights as a person who doesn't want to hear public figures bring up politics.

BTW, what you just did there, is really, really like Hypocrisy. You tried to chastise others for doing what you just did.

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well since they got rid of Kornheiser I'm happy with the NFL coverage at least.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

And like I said in my original post, I have no problem if ESPN wants to reprimand or terminate her over this event. However, it enters a whole new realm if those repercussions come at the behest or pressuring of the government.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Further proof that "racist" has become one of the most useless, overused, ineffectual slags in the modern lexicon. We have reached the point where being considered a racist truly means balls all.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS " Their hatred for white America is on full display." Umm wow that alone speaks volumes to you possibly being racist. America is NOT a white country. We are of many races and ideas and too assume we are a white country is outlandish. Go home yo.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: TonyS " Their hatred for white America is on full display." Umm wow that alone speaks volumes to you possibly being racist. America is NOT a white country. We are of many races and ideas and too asume we are a white country is outlandish. Go home yo.

Over 60% white.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Yet another sensationalistic post by the master!

Whatever happened to "political correctness" ruining our county? Now it seems you guys are all over someone who you deem to be "politically incorrect".

My how the tides have changed!

They're called Conservative Justice Warriors.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You should trademark that...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Maybe I will.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I guess that means all you right wingers are libtards for throwing that word around so much..

How's it feel?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Yet another sensationalistic post by the master!

Whatever happened to "political correctness" ruining our county? Now it seems you guys are all over someone who you deem to be "politically incorrect".

My how the tides have changed!

They're called Conservative Justice Warriors.

Haha! I've got a new phrase. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

First off that in no way answers my question.

Second, yes people at the White House are able to say whatever they want. As long as what they're saying is in a non-official capacity. That's why there was the whole uproar when Conway told people to buy Ivanka Trump's clothes.

Every article I've read on this story hasn't said that some random person working at the White House decided to give their opinion and said, "ESPN should fire her." They've said, "The White House issued a statement suggesting Hill be fired." That's not free speech. That's an official position the government is taking against a citizen for exercising their free speech.

It's absolutely amazing how many people will cry about First Amendment rights when a Nazi gets fired from a hot dog stand. However, if the White House calls for someone to be fired after speaking poorly of the President then suddenly the First Amendment becomes this whole grey area.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Further proof that "racist" has become one of the most useless, overused, ineffectual slags in the modern lexicon. We have reached the point where being considered a racist truly means balls all.

In my opinion, racism can only stem from the heart, irregardless of the choice of words. Someone could snap and go on a tirade of racist rhetoric, but feel totally different inside.

And likewise, someone could never say a racist slur in their lives, but could be a huge closet racist deep down.

edit on 14-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It doesn't upset me one bit. He's free to have his opinion and express it, if only people thought that way about all celebrities though I wouldn't be seeing any hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

President Trump being elected is great for the US.

It has made all the bigoted, racist, sexist leftists come out of hiding. Too bad nothing will happen to this racist because of her black privilege.

Imagine the reaction if a white sports reporter would have called Obongo a black supremacist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join