It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN host goes on wild racist twitter rant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

a reply to: xuenchen

ESPN has lost millions of subscribers in the last couple of years because of being to political in their broadcasts. This will not help that trend.

This is actually a wonderfully fortuitous moment. They're giving Hill a pass 24 hours after suspending the beautiful Linda Cohn (yeah, I had a crush on her when I was a kid) for stating the truth that ESPN had alienated it's core fans by becoming more about politics than sports, plus pandering by paying way too much for the NBA. The network suspended Cohn, then proceeds to prove everything she said was 100% on point! In another 10 years the only actual sports left on ESPN will be soccer and the NBA at this rate.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Look at her 1st Amendment being violated. Oh wait! I forgot! That only applies to Right Wingers that say racist s*** (or are out and out white supremacists) that receive blow back from the public and their employer.

Just like every other instance where someone gets reprimanded for saying or doing something dumb, you reap what you sow. The public are free to boycott her and ESPN are free to terminate her. That's not a violation of her 1st Amendment.

However, I would argue that the White House's reaction is concerning. While they have not outright taken action against Hill I would argue that their request that she be fired is a borderline violation. It will be interesting to see what happens if ESPN fails to comply.

Can you explain in what way her free speech rights were violated in any way?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's funny, people always talk about how celebrities should stay out of politics and keep their mouths shut yet we have a celebrity in office!

Also now that Kid Rock is running for a Senate position in Michigan those same people are cheering him on for speaking his mind while complaining about anyone else who does the same except in the opposite direction.

Total hypocrisy. Either celebrities should keep their mouths shut about politics or they should be able to speak their minds like everyone else. You can't have it both ways.
edit on 9/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Saying somebody is a white supremacist and hangs out with white supremacists is in itself racist now?

Huh. And here I thought it was leftists that keep redefining things to suit the agenda they push relentlessly. Turns out right-wing mouthpieces are happy to do it too.

IMO, if someone fails at using the race card(this includes accusations of bigotry), they are themselves racist for assuming the inner thoughts and intent of another human being. #TrueColorsShiningThoughAndAllThat

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

How so? Only one out of 45 Presidents has been black (or half-black as certain members like to point out.) And even then he had to run a near perfect campaign.

Hell, we even have a real life example to point to show that she's correct. Herman Cain is accused of sexual misconduct during his campaign and is forced to drop out as a result. Trump is accused of sexual misconduct during his campaign and he wins.

So yes, based off of past events, I think she is 100% correct when she says that if Trump weren't White there's no way he would have won.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
lmao @ trump supporters probably being half of the population, they weren't even half of the population when he was elected!!!

link   

Obama's '07 speech which @DailyCaller just released not only shows that Obama is a racist but also how the press always covers for him.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 3, 2012

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

'Kid is probably going to run for office, and Trumpo is president, so this is news.

If its just a celeb spouting off on Twitter from their couch, that is the undesired opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

However, I would argue that the White House's reaction is concerning. While they have not outright taken action against Hill I would argue that their request that she be fired is a borderline violation. It will be interesting to see what happens if ESPN fails to comply.

Expect all of zero "Free Speech" enthusiasts to comment on this too.

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
So the millions of White people who hold the opinion that Trump is a White supremacist are racist as well then?

If we're being even and equal on our judgement of opinions, yes, they are. Let's be honest for a moment here, with the ever-morphing loosening of the definition of "racism," everyone on God's green Earth holds some views which are technically racist.

link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yet they've been cheering Kid Rock on for months for showing his support for Trump. Where were their cries for him to be quiet before he announced his possible run?
edit on 9/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Bluntone22

ESPN has lost millions of subscribers in the last couple of years because of being to political in their broadcasts. This will not help that trend.

This is actually a wonderfully fortuitous moment. They're giving Hill a pass 24 hours after suspending the beautiful Linda Cohn (yeah, I had a crush on her when I was a kid) for stating the truth that ESPN had alienated it's core fans by becoming more about politics than sports, plus pandering by paying way too much for the NBA. The network suspended Cohn, then proceeds to prove everything she said was 100% on point! In another 10 years the only actual sports left on ESPN will be soccer and the NBA at this rate.

I quit espn after stephen A smith got away with basically saying ray rices wife deserved to get hit and they didnt let him go.
It is a nasty double standard they have there and it seems based on melanin levels. Schilling got let go for something he put on his own personal facebook page.
Disney will only put up with it until it costs them money.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's funny, people always talk about how celebrities should stay out of politics and keep their mouths shut yet we have a celebrity in office!

Also now that Kid Rock is running for a Senate position in Michigan those same people are cheering him on for speaking his mind while complaining about anyone else who does the same except in the opposite direction.

Total hypocrisy. Either celebrities should keep their mouths shut about politics or they should be able to speak their minds like everyone else. You can't have it both ways.

Are we not allowed to have opinions? Has it really come to this?

I personally feel that if a celebrity chooses to being politics into their public persona, they take the chance of alienating fans. If they kept their political leanings to themselves, they would not have lost those fans who dislike their politics. They still have every right to have those belief and even to publicly state them. They just have to deal with the ramifications of those choices. Why would you misconstrue that idea so badly? Do you really not understand it?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

With respect to espn that is all I was expecting.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Like I said, it's borderline. While the White House aren't actually taking any direct action they are trying to use their weight to force ESPN into taking punitive actions.

If we saw the White House start turning the screws on ESPN through agencies like the FCC until they fired Hill would you consider that a violation of her 1st Amendment rights?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Celebrities should definitely be allowed to have their opinions and to voice them, lots of people don't believe so unless they're in favor of Trump though. I'm sure it's the same for liberals too but Republicans are the main ones who complain about it from my experiences.

I never said celebrities should keep their mouths closed, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Celebrities should definitely be allowed to have their opinions and to voice them, lots of people don't believe so unless they're in favor of Trump though. I'm sure it's the same for liberals too but Republicans are the main ones who complain about it from my experiences.

I never said celebrities should keep their mouths closed, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Pointing out the hypocrisy when non exists.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Insult dear leader by expressing your opinion? Then expect to be sued or fined!

That's the message I'm getting from this whole thing.

link   

Like I said, it's borderline. While the White House aren't actually taking any direct action they are trying to use their weight to force ESPN into taking punitive actions.

If we saw the White House start turning the screws on ESPN through agencies like the FCC until they fired Hill would you consider that a violation of her 1st Amendment rights?

Repercussion - an unintended consequence occurring some time after an event or action, especially an unwelcome one.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

She may well indeed be a racist.

But calling somebody a racist isn't in and of itself racist. Incorrectly playing the race card is ignorant in the extreme but, again, isn't in and of itself racist. And certainly doesn't rise to the level of "wild racist twitter rant."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join