It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN host goes on wild racist twitter rant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A female host with ESPN went totally berzerk on Twitter a few days ago.

She called Trump a "White Supremacist" among other things.

She of course "apologized" (an old and tired trick) but only after the "message" was well instilled in the minds of many.

Apparently ESPN has "reprimanded" her and all is just fine now.

She also targeted Trump supporters (which is probably half the population).

Real slick.

Now Democrats have yet another problem with renegades.

The "White" House commented and suggested she be "FIRED" !!!

Jemele Hill: ‘White supremacist’ tweet paints ESPN in unfair light as White House says Hill should be fired

On Wednesday, ESPN host Jemele Hill whined that her tweets calling President Trump a white supremacist paint the network in an unfair light. Meanwhile, The Hill said, the White House responded to her initial accusation, saying she should be fired from her job at ESPN.

“My comments on Twitter expressed my personal beliefs. My regret is that my comments and the public way I made them painted ESPN in an unfair light. My respect for the company and my colleagues remains unconditional,” she said on Twitter.

“The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the president do not represent the position of ESPN,” the network said. “We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate.”

ESPN Racist Jemele Hill Apologizes to ESPN for Her Trump Comments

After ESPN, the White House and anyone and everyone else in between commented on her tweet about President Trump being a “white supremacist,” Jemele Hill has come back with a statement of her own.

The “SportsCenter” co-host tweeted late Wednesday night about the “elephant in the room.”

“My comments on Twitter expressed my personal beliefs,” Hill said. “My regret is that my comments and the public way I made them painted ESPN in an unfair fight. My respect for the company and my colleagues remains unconditional.”

edit on Sep-14-2017 by xuenchen because: crazynut

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No surprise really. Trump's election has really set the Leftist racists off.
Going crazy everywhere. I find it rather refreshing really. Their hatred for white America is on full display. Let 'em spew! The truth will out.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What did she say that was racist?

Apart from nothing, obviously?

More lies from you.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
OMG, not again.You need to be more of a productive person in society xuenchen,i mean how desperate can a person be ugh!

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This woman has been racist for years. But she works at ESPN, and they never fire anybody for their political viewpoints, except Curt Shilling for being antitransgender. And Mike Ditka for being anti-Obama. And Hank Williams Jr. For being anti-Obama. Wait a minute...I'm recognising a pattern here.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think it is amazing that these journalists are surprised when they are called out in instances like this. Oh, it was my personal opinion.
When you work for a broadcaster, you better keep those personal things to yourself. Who should know that better than a journalist?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Look at her 1st Amendment being violated. Oh wait! I forgot! That only applies to Right Wingers that say racist s*** (or are out and out white supremacists) that receive blow back from the public and their employer.

Just like every other instance where someone gets reprimanded for saying or doing something dumb, you reap what you sow. The public are free to boycott her and ESPN are free to terminate her. That's not a violation of her 1st Amendment.

However, I would argue that the White House's reaction is concerning. While they have not outright taken action against Hill I would argue that their request that she be fired is a borderline violation. It will be interesting to see what happens if ESPN fails to comply.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Everything is racist these days.

I use the nightview where I can with the dark background on my mobile devices so none of my liberal friends or aquaintances become triggered by the white background.

The struggle is real.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Anyone who ever watched her and Michael Smith on Numbers Never Lie could have predicted this... she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, yet she seems to hold herself in ridiculously high regard and believes herself to be some manner of deep thinker. It's OK, she's too ignorant to realize she's becoming the laughingstock.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yet another sensationalistic post by the master!

Whatever happened to "political correctness" ruining our county? Now it seems you guys are all over someone who you deem to be "politically incorrect".

My how the tides have changed!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Saying somebody is a white supremacist and hangs out with white supremacists is in itself racist now?

Huh. And here I thought it was leftists that keep redefining things to suit the agenda they push relentlessly. Turns out right-wing mouthpieces are happy to do it too.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

More lies from you.

No, falsely accusing someone of being a white supremacist is absolutely racist BS. It is a racist dog whistle no different from any of the various anti-minority slurs that frequently get called "racist" by the population at large.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

ESPN has lost millions of subscribers in the last couple of years because of being to political in their broadcasts. This will not help that trend.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

More lies from you.

Well, among other things, she wrote:

He is unqualified and unfit to be president. He is not a leader. And if he were not white, he never would have been elected

Sounds a little racist to me...

Hill goes ballistic

link   
The door pin market is completely dead.

What else is there to say?

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I've been watching ESPN for years and it's 99% sports all day. I guess a few incidences equals all the time now?

People are not watching ESPN because of streaming services and less expensive avenues compared to cable and satellite, not because they're too political.
edit on 9/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

She of course "apologized" (an old and tired trick) but only after the "message" was well instilled in the minds of many.

It works, doesn't it xuen.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

More lies from you.

No, falsely accusing someone of being a white supremacist is absolutely racist BS. It is a racist dog whistle no different from any of the various anti-minority slurs that frequently get called "racist" by the population at large.

So the millions of White people who hold the opinion that Trump is a White supremacist are racist as well then?

Get real.

Also, "falsely accuse"???
You have no idea whether it's true or false...

Unless you know Trump personally.
Or are a mind reader.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This to me goes right along with Stevie Wonder's comments about Climate Change during a fund raising telethon.
What was said was his opinion, and while I disagree, he's allowed to have it. But to bring it up in that environment is a very bad idea.

She has the right to not like Trump, even to think he is a Nazi or whatever she wants to label him, and have no clue as to what that actually entails. But when she does so in a capacity that links her to ESPN, it appears to come from that entity and will alienate many, and not do anything positive for others. It's nothing but a bad idea all around. If you are a public figure, and you make public figure money, you really need to think about how you choose to express yourself. You have every right to do it, but you also have to live with the repercussions of that choice.

It was a bad idea and one that, just like when Trump didn't say he denounced Nazi's enough times, or loud/quick enough, will make people remember THIS about ESPN for the near future. Poor form. (IMHO)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

More lies from you.

Well, among other things, she wrote:

He is unqualified and unfit to be president. He is not a leader. And if he were not white, he never would have been elected

Sounds a little racist to me...

Hill goes ballistic

& many White people have been saying that since November.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join