It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member, 1st post ever, plus UFO story as bonus!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Greetings members of ATS! After months of regularly reading various posts on topics as broad as politics, NWO, UFO's, Aliens, Nostradamus, 2012, Bible Prophecy, and so forth, I have decided to become a full-fledged member of what I believe is the largest and most proficient location on the internet for an exchange of ideas, research information, and all things that stir up controversy.

My vitals: 21 yr old male, location: NY, senior at a University, Major: Political Science

The reason I chose the UFO forum is because my first post will be about my experience approximately 8 years ago with what I now firmly believe was an extra-terrestial craft OR extremely advanced military aircraft but my heart and soul and my overall experience leads me to believe it was indeed the former that I had encountered. Ok now that the formalities are over let's get down to the actual incident.

I was about 13 yrs old when I heard my mother call for me to come out onto the terrace of our apartment (23 floors, we are on the 7th) and see something strange in the sky over the water. I saw several (approx. 3-6) different aircraft from a distance with very bright lights. One of these craft approached the shore where I live and hovered/moved slowly onto the street. I can only describe this craft with the phrase "Giant-Floating-Domed-Football Stadium" with the most impressive array of interchanging lights and colors that mesmerized the eyes. Cut through the middle of this giant spaceship were several openings that function the same as our windows or atleast I assume that if anything living was in the ship, it would want to see what is on the outside.

The entire event lasted roughly 12-25 minutes and during this encounter I had a direct line of sight onto this thing. Nothing obstructed my view as my eyesight was directed onto this ship. Now being still relatively innocent and young, I suddenly became overcome with terror and tried to open the balcony door and get inside. To my amazement, I could not open the door and my mom would not respond to me crying and yelling to get inside before this thing has some sort of effect on us. The noise of the trains coming in on the tracks was muted. It seemed that everything had gone deaf in the wake of this UFO. The street that part of it hovered over is a major street and yet it seemed that no cars pasted during this time which is incredibly odd yet not impossible because it was semi-late (after 9pm).

Needless to say this thing emitted brilliant patterns of background colors and had a very distinct white light that seemed to act as a search light or main focus of vision for the craft. This event changed my life forever in ways that I still have yet to discover but its impact still lingers in its haunting memory at the very least. The UFO hovered silently and then without warning left in the blink of an eye skyward leaving only a faint trail through the clouds. We immediately went inside when my father came home and any mention of this event to my mother who originally called me out to view it is met with heavy resistance. My mother refuses to acknowledge this event as a UFO or anything "weird". Now I don't doubt what my mother says but I do detect some inner tension and anger that arises everytime I have ever brought up the subject of that night.

Now let me narrow down what I didn't see. It was most definetly NOT A) Helicopter (which my mom insists it was), B) Airplane, C) Hallucination or any aerial anomalie. This ship was real. It was massive. It had mass. It was not like anything I have ever seen in my life and I do research the occasional black-op military forums and can't let myself believe it was anything but a true UFO. I appreciate everyone who takes time to read this first post and I hope this provokes an interesting and intriguing discussion based upon my very own UFO experience which I hold nothing less to be than one of the most interesting and intriguing things I have ever witnessed. I welcome all questions and comments from seasoned and not-so seasoned veterans of this forum and once again Hello ATS.

~Rebel Saint~

[edit on 10-2-2005 by RebelSaint]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Welcome RS

Glad you posted, and what an interesting occurance.

A question, can anyone else in the building, facing the direction confirm what you saw?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I did notice a few people in the building across from us (we are relatively within yelling distance of each other) observing this event as well. However, being as it is I did not speak to anyone about this incident until this very post besides my mother of course who watched with me.

The UFO could not have been more than 500 feet infront of me albeit a little higher in the air if you know what I mean since I was only on the seventh floor and it was somewhat higher yet I was close enough to see the exterior of the ship perfectly enough to have an artist render a drawing based on my description.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by RebelSaint]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Welcome, RebelSaint.

Just a month ago, I, too, decided to take the leap, so to speak, and come here to share my experience(s).

Please allow me to warmly welcome you into the fold, yet another person drawn here in search of the truth. I think the numbers of us grow by the day.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are all grateful for it.

Beware sharks in the water, but I find a calm, cool head and an occassional sock-full-of-nickels across the snout keeps them circling at a distance for the most part...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Im a new member here as well, and have foun most, if not all, the people here very welcoming.

see you in the boards m8y.

Oh, nice account....any pics?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome. I didn't take any pictures because of the magnitude of the incident and not to mention I was paralyzed with fear I suppose. Still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the posting world like avatars and stuff. Any suggestions?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi and welcome on ATS
Thanks for sharing your story

The silence who occured during your observation is quite common in ufo reports, and that's a really strange thing indeed. Like if time has stopped, maybe a dimensional breach or something
Do you have a drawing to show how exactly was looking the craft?
Thanks again

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The silence who occured during your observation is quite common in ufo reports, and that's a really strange thing indeed. Like if time has stopped, maybe a dimensional breach or something

Also very common moments before motor vehicle accident and traumatic experiences too...

Sorry back to the thread, ask one of us if you are having issues posting a pic dude.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by one_small_step] for poor spelyng

[edit on 10-2-2005 by one_small_step]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
welcome rebelsaint

very interesting story you have and alot more detail than most of the storys. is there anyway you can estimate the size of this thing you saw?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Kewl 1st post! Awsome sighting..........due to your mothers ODD reaction, and your inability to get back inside, MAYBE something 'more' happened than you conciously recall? I hate to get you thinking on this vien, but...maybe hypnotism is an idea you might follow up on?
Will you please post your artists rendition of the craft for us to see??

Welcome to the ATS boards!
Play nice!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
why dont you draw what you saw , scan it and post it?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Now dont start demanding evidence from this guy! But yeah if you can please post a drawing of your best recollection of what it looks like. Something more may have gone on, possibly with your mother since she is in denial.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Thanks for replying SDrumrunner, MadGrimbo, Musclor, one_small_step, lizzardsamok, CmptrN3rd5

First off, I appreciate the concern for my mother that some of you expressed.

Secondly wow, didn't think I would get this many responses to my first post but unfortunately I was not born gifted with the art of drawing.
Therefore, I can not myself recreate an image and illustrate it with the brilliance that it deserves as I recall in my memories. However I am trying to consider some professional assistance if I should I should investigate this event further.

Madmartinez,
I originally described the UFO as a "Giant-Floating-Domed-Football Stadium" and with those "rough" measurements in my mind I would say it had to have been enormous. I can't say specifically what it might have been in terms of height and width but this UFO wasn't your run of the mill "Alien 2-seaters" that buzz by some farmer's ranch in New Mexico. I would have to say that if there was an intergalatic catalog to buy UFO's, I would say this was definetly in the "MotherClass" of ships. It was gigantic enough where I would say that it may have been something like a "Superdome" floating in the air.

theRiverGoddess,
Thanks for replying and yes, I have wondered if maybe something more had happened that night that I don't recall and if hypnosis was an avenue I could explore to uncover my subconscious memories but I haven't come to that road yet. I don't really believe I was abducted or anything like that because the event was short in duration and while I did honestly feel that I lost control (emotionally, physically) I don't have the slightest recollection of the generic bright white light shining on you that most abductees get or any of the nasty memories of being onboard but while hypnosis is an excellent option to find out, I don't suffer from any "abductee" related symptoms.

Maybe they planted me with a mind-control chip and I can be "activated" when the time comes or maybe they revealed to me exclusively all the knowledge of the universe and then erased my memory after I learned the secrets of the universe as part of some alien-joke between those who come to visit us
Maybe someday we will learn the truth!

"No storyteller has ever been able to dream up anything as fantastically unlikely as what really does happen in this mad Universe". -Lazarus Long

~Rebel Saint~

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
great recount and a most interesting read. You are lucky enough to have seen something so wonderful and gotten away it seems without any abduction experience.

welcome to ats and watch out for the bushies, they bite

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
First, let me welcome you to ATS. I think you will find this is one of the best message boards - regardless of theme - you will come across.

Secondly, I might offer up to you what you may have seen from the wordly realms...

Could it have been an Airship AKA a blimp?

Blimps are very very large, so that would comply with the size. They also move slower and hover.

You may have even seen an experimental airship, as the DoD has identified them as a key element in future warfare. There are even plans for different types of stealth airships and such.

Here is a small sampling of links/picks:

Skycat

WALRUS heavy lift vehicle

Ultra Large Airship

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
RebelSaint, First of all thank you for coming on board and sharing right out the gate! How similar your sighting was compared to mine, and to at the same age. Wow!
Welcome to the site, don't let this place take away from your studies... But I look forwards to hearing more from you! Later!!

Jesse

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
American Mad Man,

I have often pondered what the origin of the UFO truly was and I have concluded that it is definetly not a blimp or any other airship made by man. It's strikingly similar in appearance to past descriptions of UFO's and doesn't resemble any top-secret military craft or description that I have ever witnessed. I also belive the actual experience of witnessing it infront of my eyes puts doubts on whether it was manmade because even if I could not recognize a secret/experimental craft, I wouldn't "freak out" like I had. There was nothing that signified that this craft was anything but a true UFO.

top topics

join